Modern SilverBlack Season 3 - Wednesdays - 8:00pm EST- 30tix Prizes - Sponsored by The MTGO Bazaar

153 posts / 0 new
Last post

WHAT: Modern SilverBlack Tournament
WHERE: /join SilverBlack
WHEN: Games start at 8:00pm EST (00:00 UTC). You can pre-reg any time before at Gatherling.com. If you need help pm me or ask someone the day of the event before the event begins. You must be present at 8:00pm EST otherwise you will be dropped from the event. Also, you must have entered your decklist to receive a Round 1 pairing. Failure to enter a decklist will result in your being dropped from the event.

Rules:
Decks must be at least 60 cards with an optional 15 card sideboard. All commons and uncommons from 8th Edition / Mirrodin forward are legal with the exception of those on the ban list.   If your deck contains illegal cards in the first round you will receive a match loss and be allowed to replace the illegal cards with basic lands for the following rounds.  If illegal cards are found to be in your deck in the following rounds you may be dropped or allowed to continue per the host's discretion. Gatherling validates decks so make sure it doesn't show any errors after you enter your deck and you should be good to go.

The following cards are banned:
(Bolded cards are not on the normal modern banned list)
- Ancient Den
- Bloodbraid Elf
- Cloudpost
- Dread Return
- Expedition Map
- Great Furance
- Intangible Virtue 
- Mental Misstep
- Preordain
- Ponder
- Punishing Fire
- Rite of Flame
- Seat of the Synod
- Seething Song 
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Skullclamp
- Sword of the Meek
- Tree of Tales
- Valut of Whispers
- Wild Nactl

All Timeshifted cards are not legal because no common/uncommon printing exists in a modern legal set except for Dragon Whelp.

Cost and Prizes:

This is a free to enter tournament.

Prizes consist of 15 credits from our sponsor, The MTGO Bazaar, and 15 tix.

Prizes will be paid out to all players with records of 4-0 or 3-1. Amounts determined after round 4.

There will also be two door prizes given out to two random players that play every round but do not make prizes. Door prizes may consist of tickets, credits, or cards decided upon by the host.

You can find The MTGO Bazaar's bots on the classifieds by searching for "MTGO Bazaar" or you can buddy them.
The bots are:
The_MTGO_Bazaar_1
The_MTGO_Bazaar_2
The_MTGO_Bazaar_3
The_MTGO_Bazaar_4

Use www.mtgobazaar.com to visit their website.

Credits will be added within a couple days after the event. Check this thread for notice that they have been added.

Event Details

Event will be four rounds of swiss.

Matches are set to Modern, best 2/3, and should be labeled SilverBlack Round X.
They should also be set to 30 minutes per player per match and watchable.

All matches should take place in the Casual Play > Anything Goes room.

If a player doesn't join and start the match within 10 minutes of the pairing announcement, the player is awarded a match loss. The player failing to join their match will also be dropped from the tournament unless they contact the host stating intentions to continue.

Intentional draws are not allowed.

The deck you start the tournament with is the deck you play the whole tournament with. No editing your deck between rounds.

All results and drops should be reported to your player control panel in gatherling.

Season Points

Season points are awarded as follows:
2 Points for participating (requires decklist be posted and at least 1 round played)
3 Points for each match win
1 Point for each match loss

So you can earn a possible 14 points each event or a minimum of 6 points if you play every round.     

There will be a prize or prizes for season point leaders as well as a champs event with invites based on season points. 

If you have any questions just ask. Otherwise get your decks ready, grab some friends, and show up!

Are there reasonings somewhere for the bannings of BBE, Intangible Virtue and Expedition map? 
There were explanations at the time of the bannings, but not sure where those would be now (Map would be at the end of the season 2 thread).

With BBE and Virtue legal, there respective decks become overly dominant. Tokens is still strong without virtue and does just fine. Jund kind of died with the loss of bbe but allowed many other aggro and midrange decks to take its place. A more than fair trade-off.

Map was a new addition to this season in attempt to make tron decks slightly less consistent.

I will be watching map to see if it should remain or go, but bbe/virtue are pretty much cemented in their status for the time being.

The prizes for the winners of Modern Silverblack 3.01 are now available at my bots. Please see my signature for how to locate the bots on classifieds. The following received credits:

2.5 credits:
chups
niabock

2 credits:
eightsixeightsix
vaultboyhunter
battlecaptain
emerald_vortex
pk23

Best regards,

Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

Owner of The MTGO Bazaar bot chain Search "mtgo bazaar" to find an open bot

The prizes for the winners of Modern Silverblack 3.02 are now available at my bots. Please see my signature for how to locate the bots on classifieds. The following received credits:

2 credits:
LelouchViBritania
BattleCaptain

1 credits:
Sirpoptart15
dundalksbest
ztrman
marcio costa
hogger
longtimegone
Rathis
pk23
mellofello23
xluther
niabock

Best regards,

Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

Next event today!

The prizes for the winners of this week's Modern Silverblack event are now available at my bots. Please see my signature for how to locate the bots on classifieds. The following received credits:

sirpoptart15 - 2
pelao28 - 2
gnarlesbury - 1.75
_big_brothers_ - 1.75
mellofello23 - 1.75
punkid_41_86 - 1.75
rathis - 1.75
ztrman - 1.75
niabock - 0.5

Best regards,

Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

Next event today!

The prizes for the winners of this week's Modern Silverblack event are now available at my bots. Please see my signature for how to locate the bots on classifieds. The following received credits:

2.25 credits each:
pk23
loot_backwards

1.5 credits each:
dwarshadow
garlan
gnarlesbury
xluther
zoltan
pyro0734
zeroavix

Best regards,

Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

Ha. BBE got the official modern ban today. Along with seething song (that doesnt really affect us).
Song added to the banlist effective immediately.      
Next event today.
Is there a reason tron needs to be less consistent? I came into this format kind of late so maybe I don't have the full picture, but what's the problem with tron?
www.gatherling.com/eventreport.php?forma...

here is why tron got nerfed 

The prizes for the winners of this week's Modern Silverblack are now available at my bots. Please see my signature for how to locate the bots on classifieds. The following received credits:

2.5 credits:
loot_backwards
eightsixeightsix

2 credits:
hogger
dundalksbest
niabock
dwarshadow
ztrman

Best regards,

Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

The prizes for the winners of this week's Modern Silverblack are now available at my bots. Please see my signature for how to locate the bots on classifieds. The following received credits:

2.5 credits:
dolane97
ztrman

2 credits:
karazorel
pk23
lelouchvibritania
niabock
cl3m

Best regards,

Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

P.s.: I will be on vacation next week. I will try to input sponsorships during the week, but I cannot promise I will make it. Otherwise, I will check up on things next weekend!

Next event tomorrow.

Gatecrash is legal. 
Can I play in both events listed on Gatherling.com?
Yes? standard silverblack is a separate event on a different day if thats the one your talking about.

You should be able to play anything it lets you reg for on gatherling.  
Thanks for clearing that up.

2.25 credits:
cag5383
pk23

1.5 credits:
aje8
mikey k159
strad
niabock
troleeboy
gnarlesbury
famouz

Best regards,

Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

Next event later tonight.

If I'm not around, its because comcast sucks and I've likely smashed my keyboard/monitors out of frustration. I will do my best to update gatherling from my phone and/or find another host.
Any news on the prize from last wednesday?
we should be getting them some time this weekend
Overdrive! 1.86SilverBlack 3.09SilverBlack Nemesis 1.09
I did not receive anything from Niabock yet, so you are going to have to ask him to shoot me an email with the prizes, before I can do anything!

Cheers,

Kim
The MTGO Bazaar 
have you heard from Niabock yet?
No, not yet...
Yeah, I suck. I meant to send them in thursday and forgot and I was gone fri/sat. Sent them in a few hours ago. Sorry about the delay.
Still waiting for the bot credits? I figure normally it doesn't take this long.
Normally I send them in wed or thur night, but with my non-functional internet I stayed away from my computer (to prevent a meltdown and me breaking everything I own) and forgot to send them in until late sunday. They'll probably get out tomorrow or wed or at the latest next weekend with this weeks results.

Sorry again.  
Next event today!
had a real blast tonight and won my first PRE tonight as well. Can't wait for next week and see what the trophy will look like for this week of SilverBlack Modern.
Hi,

FYI, I will input the credits from last week (which I have now received from Niabock) and this week over the weekend.

Cheers,

Kim
The MTGO Bazaar 
Thanks for the update.

The prizes for the winners of last week's Modern Silverblack are now available at my bots. Please see my signature for how to locate the bots on classifieds. The following received credits:

1 credit:
marcospma
mikey k159
cag5383

2 credits:
trainboy
zombie_hunter
boozeelemental
eightsixeightsix
pk23
strad

Best regards,

Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

The prizes for the winners of Modern Silverblack 3.09 are now available at my bots. Please see my signature for how to locate the bots on classifieds. The following received credits:

2.5 credits:
trainboy
garlan

2 credits:
mikey k159
eightsixeightsix
famouz
cl3m
cag5383

All the best,

Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

Next event tomorrow!

The prizes for the winners of Modern Silverblack 3.10 are now available at my bots. Please see my signature for how to locate the bots on classifieds. The following received credits:

1 credit:
cag5383
garlan

2 credits:
llama
hogger
bobafett501st
vaultboyhunter
eightsixeightsix

3 credits:
niabock

All the best,

Kim
The MTGO Bazaar

Hey Niabock, is Wednesday's event, 03/13/13 really full? When I go to gatherling it says "This event is currently at capacity." Which is strange, as I don't think I've seen any event that says that, and I really want to play.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Sam
Hey Niabock, is Wednesday's event, 03/13/13 really full? When I go to gatherling it says "This event is currently at capacity." Which is strange, as I don't think I've seen any event that says that, and I really want to play.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Sam

I just saw that to. Has that ever happened before? 
I don't think so, thats why I wanted to ask Niabock whats going on. Hopefully he will get back to us. I don't think the events have a limit.
Fixed, sorry bout the slow response I was out of town.
Somehow it got set to a cap of 1 (which was just me :P)