Pariah's Shield

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
If an opponent puts Pariah's Shield on one of my creatures and my creature dies, who retains control of Pariah's Shield?
If an opponent puts Pariah's Shield on one of my creatures and my creature dies, who retains control of Pariah's Shield?

How did he put pariah's shield on one of your creatures?

In any event, nothing you have described would change the shield's controller. Whoever controlled pariah's shield when it entered the battlefield still controls it.
your opponent always controlled it, it doesn't matter who controlled the creature it was equipped to

keep in mind that the Equip ability doesn't allow you to equip creatures you don't control
proud member of the 2011 community team
Is he not allowed to put it on one of my creatures?  He 'equipped' my creature.

Not legal.  You can only equip a creature you control.

The equip ability can only target a creature you control, not an opponent's creature. 
702.6a Equip is an activated ability of Equipment cards. "Equip [cost]" means "[Cost]: Attach this permanent to target creature you control. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery."

There are ways to get an equipment on an opponent's creature, but they are not commonly seen.
First, let's make it clear that Equip cannot be used to attach an equipment to a creature one doesn't control. There are other means of attaching equipment, though, or maybe he controlled the creature at the time and lost control of it.

The controller of the equipment is completely independent of which creature it's attached or not attached to. You didn't mention anything that would change the Pariah's Shield controller, so its owner has been its controller all along and continues to be.

702.6a Equip is an activated ability of Equipment cards. “Equip [cost]” means “[Cost]: Attach this permanent to target creature you control. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.”

Combo with Mark of Mutiny perhaps?

In any case, also remember that the "you" who's damage is being redirected to the equipped creature is the shield's controler, regardless of who controls the creature.
Thanks everyone.