Team EDH suggestions

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone have any suggestions/arguments for "best" generals or best EDH pairings in the event of a 2v2 or 2HG matchup using EDH decks? I'm having some friends over in a few days and there may be some team gaming. I'd like to be best prepared. Some of my current EDH generals are listed below:

Skullbriar, The Walking Grave (+1/+1 counter based aggro rush)
Sigarda, Host of Herons (Enchantment/soulbond based build with mana dorks)
Numot, The Devastator (LD based build)
(Equipment deck with tutors, Raksha and mass pump i.e Leonin Sun Standard effects)
Chainer, Dementia Master (Creat kill build with mana accelerants and life gain)
Merieke Ri Berit (Theft based build with multiple untap enablers)
So nothing then... oooooook. Undecided
Your question came at a bad time. I think people were sleeping.

You want one deck to be control. And another to be aggressively trying to win, probably combo.

But I think you'll have more fun if you randomly pair them up.

3DH4LIF3

Slowdown there mustang sally. These forums can be a bit slow on the weekends. Often if I post something during a weekend I won't come back to check it until the week starts.

I think some of the best generals are:

Edric, Spymaster of Trest
Glissa, the Traitor
Teysa, Scion of Orzhov
Zur the Enchanter
Scion of the Ur Dragon

Of course that's just my opinion. As for 2HG I'd really like to see what Edric and Skullbriar could do together.
Normally I wouldn't be in a hurry but some of the guys we are likely to be playing against tend to be arrogant (insert descriptive expletive here) tools when it comes to EDH so time is of the essence, (my apologies for being a bit impatient). So at the very least I'd love to stuff a few down their throat or at least hold up well for what will likely be a team decking opponents pair and knock them down a peg or two. I've got a tournament strength Skullbriar which would be cool to use if my buddy has an Edric. Otherwise I'm likely to build Teysa, Orzhov Scion as I picked up a Sorin, Lord of Innistrad to go in it I've been aching to use... Any suggestions for Teysa builds in a multiplayer setting?
I actually use Teysa in my Ghave deck. Ghave, Teysa, Ghost Council, Nath, Savra, Jarad, Rhys the Redeemed, and Karador plus the other usual Ghave suspects like Grave Pact, etc. Sorin would fit right in.

Current EDH Decks: Radha Timmy, Oona exile/mill, Edric aggro, Marath tokens, Uril Voltron, Ertai counters, Sek'Kuar sac engines, Ezuri elf tribal, Oloro life gain, Zedruu tokens, White Mikaeus indestructible, Riku allies, Ghave synergy, Momir Vig Simic to a fault, Zur pillow fort/extort, Cromat artifacts, Rafiq aggro, Nekuzar zombies, Prossh creature beats, Roon ETB/bounce, Garza Zol vampires.

Heartless Hidetsugu loves 2HG...
If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, I still believe I'm right. Think of it as religion. dubito ergo sum.
If you go teysa tutors and combo locks are good. I have a list I'm working on.

3DH4LIF3

hello people!

I know y'all haven't posted in this thread for a while, but I found it searchin' for stuff on what goes well with Teysa, Orzhov Scion. There seems to be a lot of talk about Teysa here.

It's my first edh deck, I am havin a lot of fun with it but it seems to run out of gas against some of these guys that play more regularly.

What are some some definite must-haves?
Personally, I've had a beast of a time trying to make a workable B/W deck. I find myself going either B/W/U or B/W/G to get a deck that does what I want.

Current EDH Decks: Radha Timmy, Oona exile/mill, Edric aggro, Marath tokens, Uril Voltron, Ertai counters, Sek'Kuar sac engines, Ezuri elf tribal, Oloro life gain, Zedruu tokens, White Mikaeus indestructible, Riku allies, Ghave synergy, Momir Vig Simic to a fault, Zur pillow fort/extort, Cromat artifacts, Rafiq aggro, Nekuzar zombies, Prossh creature beats, Roon ETB/bounce, Garza Zol vampires.

So far this is going well.

I looked at niheloim's Teysa decklist, and my new favorite card that I did not previously know about it is darkest hour. The way my deck is set up, that card makes all my combos pretty much infinite.

I looked at some of the others in the compendium and made a couple changes.

I smoked everybody in both games that I played tonight and my hope is renewed. Teysa, Orzhov Scion is boss!