Bant Exalted Alara Block Deck

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

Well, I thought I might as well post this here. Personally, I have never saw anyone playing Block format, let alone Alara Block, but when my Bant deck (the first deck I ever owned) rotated out of Standard, I didn't want to get rid of it. So I ended up making a deck list for Block since I had all the Alara cards. Here it is.

Bant-Exalted: 60
Creatures: 24
4 Jhessian Infiltrator
4 Noble Hierarch
4 Qasali Pridemage
4 Rhox War Monk
3 Rafiq of the Many
3 Stoic Angel
2 Battlegrace Angel
Planeswalkers: 3
3 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
Artifact: 2
2 Behemoth Sledge
Instants: 8
4 Bant Charm
4 Path to Exile
Enchantments: 3
3 Finest Hour
Sorceries: 0
Lands: 20 (Mana Breakdown: White- 28, Blue- 22, Green- 21)
4 Ancient Ziggurat
4 Seaside Citadel
3 Forest3 [card]Island3 [card]Plains3 [card]Rupture Spire
Sideboard: 15
4 Celestial Purge
4 Exotic Orchard
4 Meddling Mage
3 Relic of Progenitus

Suggestions? Or does this seem good enough?

Isn't the Stoic Angel a bad, once you have in game more than a Noble Hierarch?
This deck is impressive, pure fast unblockable aggro and self healing
but maybe you lack of defense: a Wall of Denial is always good and saved me thousand times

Isn't the Stoic Angel a bad, once you have in game more than a Noble Hierarch?
This deck is impressive, pure fast unblockable aggro and self healing
but maybe you lack of defense: a Wall of Denial is always good and saved me thousand times

Yah, Stoic can backfire sometimes, but it does support theme of single attacker. I will certainly consider Wall of Denial though. Currently, I am not sure if I will even be using deck since I know no one who plays block >~< So I may be a long time before I can test it.
i know i know
i started playing Magic with Alara and X edition and i played a Bant too, after Alara we stopped playing so i know how you feel 
i know i know
i started playing Magic with Alara and X edition and i played a Bant too, after Alara we stopped playing so i know how you feel 

Yah, the exalted theme has always been one of my favorites, along with landfall. It just never seemed competitive enough in any format. It is no longer in standard or extended; and extended was only format it ever got a decent result (distortion strike plus nurok invisimancer were epic with the deck). I have been considered to try in modern, but personally I don't think it will do anything but cost me a lot of $ for lands. Most modern decks I've seen are focused around a low mana curve and not as combo based >~< If modern is too quick, I doubt legacy would be any better XD
So yah, it is just kinda stuck in block I guess. The only remaining format that I think it could have any success in is commander, but I would be a bit lacking on exalted cards for it. Still, Rafiq does make an epic commander from what I hear; and with Sublime to buff things to exalted I can see it still working enough.

Either way, I doubt I will get rid of the block deck, even if I take it apart. It is hard to part with the cards of my first deck XD They may end up scattered around, but I will always hold onto deck list in case I ever find someone who wants to play Alara block.