Casual Scion for Friend

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
What are the double asterisks for?

Also, does Karthus fit in this deck? I've never played with or against Scion. Heard horror stories though.
Things to add:
Lightning Greaves
Lotus Petal
Chrome Mox
Channel the Suns
All Suns' Dawn
Darksteel Ingot

Add reanimating effects in black... loads of dead dragons in the grave looking for a second chance. Take advantage of it. Plus the possibility of an infinity mana combo with these two:

Worldgorger Dragon
Animate Dead

Replace:
Planar Cleansing with Akroma's Vengeance

Try to focus your deck on getting your mana right and abusing the Scion. Get out Scion quickly, Protect the Scion, find ways to bring back dead dragons, everything else is just a distraction. Try to cut the fat and focus the build.

Cut:
Magister
Celestial Purge
Traumatize

P.S. The lieges are seriously going to jack your mana for little benefit on the whole... tell her to pick her favorite or something...
P.S. if you are unfamiliar with the worldgorger combo, drop gorger into the grave with Scion, hit gorger with animate dead, it comes into play with animate dead attached, tap all your lands for mana. Dragon's comes into play resolves and removes animate dead. Dragon dies, Animate dead comes into play (along with all your land untapped) looking for a grave target. Keep targetting worldgorger and tap/storing the mana until you have an arbitrary amount of it.  Then target a different dragon to stop the loop. Cast some spell that either puts all dead dragons in play or puts them back in your hand from the grave. Use infinite(ish) mana to play them all. Proceed to crack skulls. Just a thought... Cool
Obelisk of grixis should be the new chromatic lantern.

3DH4LIF3

What are the double asterisks for?

I was marking stuff that I just threw in to hit 100.
Try to focus your deck on getting your mana right and abusing the Scion. Get out Scion quickly, Protect the Scion, find ways to bring back dead dragons, everything else is just a distraction. Try to cut the fat and focus the build.

She's not that strong or agressive of a player, so I wasn't trying to make the deck too complicated. Though I probably will still put in gorger/animate.
Obelisk of grixis should be the new Chromatic lantern.

That's just the kind of thing I was looking for.
Put in Gorger, Animate, Dingot, and Lantern.
Add more mana fixing, adjusted mana base.

Making space for Birds of Paradise and Utopia Tree.
If your friend likes lieges you should show her Knight of New Alara and/or Transguild Courier. They'd probably be right up her alley.
If your friend likes lieges you should show her Knight of New Alara and/or Transguild Courier. They'd probably be right up her alley.

I was actualy thinking of makign her a Wilt-leaf Liege deck with the knights next. lol
Tolsimir wolfblood seems fitting to command the wilt-leaf deck.

3DH4LIF3

Tolsimir wolfblood seems fitting to command the wilt-leaf deck.

I had forgotten about him. lol
She also already has a balefire deck, that's pretty fast and brutal.