Tiny Legend of Legends

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tiny Legend of Legends
Legendary Creature
: Destroy two target non-land permanents with the same name.
: Destroy two target Land with the same name.
0/1

The original design.

Tiny Legend of Legends
Legendary Creature
: Target non-land permanent is Legendary.
: Target Land is Legendary.
0/1
Wait, isn't this colorless, turn three, repeatable, unrestricted basic land destruction?

Isn't that really over powered? 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
The Legend rule doesn't apply to non-legendary things (even if they have the same name as a legendary thing),  so it's more ": Destroy two target permanents with the same name."  But still.

My other thought was that this should be called "The Blue Fairy" but now I can't remember why.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Wait, isn't this colorless, turn three, repeatable, unrestricted basic land destruction?

Isn't that really over powered? 

maybe, wizards gets touchy about not touching lands
NO WAR

They've killed Fritz
I've been shadow banned by youtube my comments only show when I'm logged

does any see my comment here ?

The Legend rule doesn't apply to non-legendary things (even if they have the same name as a legendary thing),  so it's more ": Destroy two target permanents with the same name."  But still.

My other thought was that this should be called "The Blue Fairy" but now I can't remember why.

Huh. Didn't know it worked that way.

But yeah, still, I feel like this has the potential to be utterly miserable in a red or green ramp/LD deck. Even if it wouldn't be strictly overpowered, it would have quite a bit of potential to cause great misery.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Good point, I've now made it's use on Land cost more.

Are you saying it wouldn't work on land anyway or that it dosn't work on things that arn't already legendary. In the case of the latter, the ability wouldn't work at all.

It's not so much as and . This is a good price?

Wizards is also trying to avoid "is legendary" specifically because of the rules wackiness of having legendary and nonlegendary permanents wtih the same name. I mean, it's workable theoretically, but is it grokkable to entry-level players? I say no.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I supose I could just have it go ahead and destroy two permanents with the same name instead, again more expensivly for land.