Exalted Deck Idea

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just playing around with new deck types, tell me what you think.

Deck list 

Creatures

4x Knight of Infamy
4x Knight of Glory
4x Aven Squire
4x Duty-Bound Dead
4x Vampire Nighthawk
2x Nefarox, Overlord of Grixis
2x Sublime Archangel
24x Total

Spells

4x Death Wind
4x Murder
4x Angelic Benediction
2x Lingering Souls
14x Total

Lands

8x Plains
12x Swamp
2x Isolated Chapel
22x Total
Just playing around with new deck types, tell me what you think.

Exalted is a classic deck archetype. Nobody plays them, so I figure they must be weak. We have one at home for play testing, and it actually does resonable well:

"Grey Exalted"

Creature (28)

Other (8)
[deck]4 Victim of Night
4 Oblivion Ring[/deck]

Land (24)
[deck]4 Cathedral of War
4 Evolving Wilds
4 Isolated Chapel
5 Plains
7 Swamp[/deck]

I think 4x Sublime Archangel is much better than 2x plus 2x Nefarox, Overlord of Grixis.

Once Godless Shrine becomes standard legal on February 1, that will improve the mana base. Then you can probably throw in 2x Vault of the Archangel.
Ive been doing pretty good with this deck the only real problem i have is with green decks
To do it properly, you need a set of Silverblade Paladin and a full set of Sublime. The reason people don't do this often with is that does it better. It can be a turn faster and that makes all the difference. Moreover, provides better creatures to add around the Silverblade-Sublime core; Loxodon Smiter for example.

Once Gatecrash comes through with the Orzhov stuff, there might be a reason to try this with . Right now, there really isn't.
To do it properly, you need a set of Silverblade Paladin and a full set of Sublime.

Yum...Silverblade Paladin paired with Vampire Nighthawk. What would you take out? Tormented Soul?

To do it properly, you need a set of Silverblade Paladin and a full set of Sublime.

Yum...Silverblade Paladin paired with Vampire Nighthawk. What would you take out? Tormented Soul?

I would take out most of the stuff - starting with the Vampire. I'd leave the Knight, I'd add Tragic Slip and other than that, the only I'd run is the flashback for Lingering Souls which I would bump up to four copies. The creatures just aren't that great and the creatures are. There isn't a good mana base for the color combination so I'd tilt it towards .

Of course, without Silverblade, the mana isn't that big of an issue, but without Silverblade and Sublime, the deck basically isn't teribly competitive.

Truthfully, I'd really take out ALL of the and go which is exactly what I did.
Hey, this is a deck I actually know. More or less anyway. Both lists look pretty good, but Hreth's I'd say is a bit better. Sublime Archangel really revolutionized Exalted decks in my opinion. I can't wait to get some and see how my old Bant Exalted works (in Modern now, but still). Silverblade Paladin would be great for sure. Tormented Soul or one of the Knights (or poor Aven, he never seems to make the cut for me =\) would be only thing I could think of to remove. After seeing this topic I am seriously considering building this for myself. Besides the Sublime, it doesn’t appear to costly and I wanted those for my Bant Exalted anyway.
I have a Legacy/Modern Bant Exalted deck

It's interesting as a reference, but doesn't quite fit in the Standard Deck Help forum.
ok my bad I will go ahead and remove it.  My apologise for this.

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Here is the last deck list I had before I dismantled the deck. I don't think I actually used it in this exact form, but it was pretty similar to what I had used before.

Creatures:
4 x Doomed Traveler
4 x Judge's Familiar This is pretty if-y, but I thought I woud try it. Champion of the Parish would be another card to consider.
4 x Knight of Glory
3 x Knight of Infamy
4 x Silverblade Paladin
4 x Sublime Archangel

Spells:
2 x Ajani, Caller of the Pride
4 x Lingering Souls
2 x Oblivion Ring
2 x Faith's Shield
4 x Tragic Slip

Lands:
2 x Cathedral of War
4 x Isolated Chapel
1 x Vault of the Archangel
10 x Plains
6 x Swamp

Sideboard:
1 x Faith's Shield
3 x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben One should consider main-boarding Thalia.
3 x Nevermore
2 x Oblivion Ring
3 x Pacifism This is actually a decent response for Thragtusk.
3 x Rest in Peace

This deck is heavy on to facilitate Silverblade and Sublime. It's really with a splash. I think this is clearly superior to Exalted.

With more of a emphasis on , there are many cards that come into consideration, including Nighthawk. There are others that can work with either approach.

One that worked for me sometimes was Essence Harvest. Sever the Bloodline could be a good choice for the side-board for these sorts of decks.

To do it properly, you need a set of Silverblade Paladin and a full set of Sublime. The reason people don't do this often with is that does it better. It can be a turn faster and that makes all the difference. Moreover, provides better creatures to add around the Silverblade-Sublime core; Loxodon Smiter for example.

Once Gatecrash comes through with the Orzhov stuff, there might be a reason to try this with . Right now, there really isn't.

I tried a deck with  it worked out alot better then my thanks for the idea
I tried a deck with  it worked out alot better then my thanks for the idea

Glad to help.

Sign In to post comments