Another question....

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
  If I have Somberwald Sage on the battlefield (tap for 3 mana of one color for casting creatures only), can I use that mana to cast angels with Angelic Benidiction (pay white mana then X mana to put that many 4/4 angels onto the battlefield)????
No, Angelic Benediction is a sorcery.

edit: wait, angelic benediction is an enchantment, but the answer is still no.  (I was thinking of  )
MTG Rules Advisor
OP was also thinking of Entreat the Angels but linked the wrong card.

Entreat the Angels is not a creature spell. You can't spend mana from Somberwald Sage on it. A spell is only a creature spell if it says "Creature" on its type line.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

Entreat the Angels is not a creature spell. You can't spend mana from Somberwald Sage on it. A spell is only a creature spell if it says "Creature" on its type line.

And for those of you looking on older cards, if a card says "Summon" on its type line, it would say "Creature" there if that card were printed today.

And for those of you looking on older cards, if a card says "Summon" on its type line, it would say "Creature" there if that card were printed today.

Better advice: for those looking on older cards, check that card's Oracle text at gatherer.wizards.com to see the current updated wording, including "creature" on the type line. ;)

[<o>]