Vessels?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
56864188 wrote:
The Dawn Treader --
Legendary Vessel
(Assign creatures you control to this vessel anytime you could cast a sorcery. The number of creatures assigned to this vessel determine its abilities. Abilities are cumulative.)
[0]: : Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
[1-2]: Creatures you control get +1/+1 and have vigilance.
[3+]: Tap three untapped creatures you control: Exile target attacking or blocking creature.

Hmmm... 

Is this in any way feasible? Playable? The idea I mean. I guess it could be expanded to include other types of vessel - maybe even with subtypes (ship, tank, zeppelin, trojan horse... whatever?)

ceci n'est pas une signature.

What are the properties of an assigned creature?
Also, I'm not all that fond of abilities that carries inheret limitations, although creatures are going towards the state of mandatory.

I dunno, but it could just be an artifact/enchantment subtype.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I don't think it's worth it to add this much complexity.  Also, why not make vessel a subtype of artifact? 

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
I think it would be like Totem Armor.

Creatures can attach to a vessel like an equipment, but a vessel can have multiple creatures attached to it... or however it works.
Anything that would destroy a creature destroys the vessel instead.

I dunno.

I think it's time we gets something vessellike in Magic. We are due for a new eternal card type.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
What are the properties of an assigned creature?

This.

If nothing else happens to the assigned creatures, I don't see why it can't just be an enchantment with different abilities based on how many creatures you control?

And if the assigned creatures become "exiled" and can't participate in combat or whatnot, the vessel's abilities should probably be a lot more powerful to compensate for commiting so many creatures to it.
I have a sig because it gives my posts better spacing.
Well, originally I had thought that vessel would be kinda non-magical, but that doesn't really make sense, because, well.. Magic: The Gathering.

I guess Vessel could be an artifact subtype.

And properties of assigned creatures, I don't know. Maybe nothing? Maybe only creatures assigned to the vessel get the bonus (that would mean upping it).. I don't want it to be a downside - think landfall. People should WANT to assign their creatures to vessel...

Ideas for other types? Or ways of implementing it?

Trojan Horse --
Artifact - Vessel
[0]: : Tap or untap target permanent.
[1-3]: Creatures assigned to ~ have hexproof.
[4+]: Creatures assigned to ~ are unblockable. 

I don't like the execution of these. Assigning creatures is already pretty complex; there is little need to complicate things further by making the Vessels themselves have three different abilities depending on the creatures assigned. Planeswalkers get a pass for being inherently complex because they are mythic and are always small in numbers, but I can't believe Vessels would get the same treatment.

I still think that the best execution for the "creatures that get inside this" were Shimakuma's Spheres. They worked something like this:

[Sphere of Justice]

Enchantment – Sphere
Include (: This sphere includes target non-included creature you control. Include only as a sorcery.)
Tap three untapped creatures [this] includes: Exile target creature.

[Sphere of Faith]

Enchantment – Sphere
Include (: This sphere includes target non-included creature you control. Include only as a sorcery.)
Creatures [this] includes have lifelink.

The effects were simple and it was clear that "including" simply granted abilities and didn't prevent attacking or blocking. Including is such a simple matter that you spend more time actually playing with your cards rather than figuring out the perfect vessel configuration.
I don't like the execution of these. Assigning creatures is already pretty complex; there is little need to complicate things further by making the Vessels themselves have three different abilities depending on the creatures assigned. Planeswalkers get a pass for being inherently complex because they are mythic and are always small in numbers, but I can't believe Vessels would get the same treatment.

I still think that the best execution for the "creatures that get inside this" were Shimakuma's Spheres. They worked something like this:

[Sphere of Justice]

Enchantment – Sphere
Tap three untapped creatures [this] includes: Exile target creature.

[Sphere of Faith]

Enchantment – Sphere
Creatures [this] includes have lifelink.

The effects were simple and it was clear that "including" simply granted abilities and didn't prevent attacking or blocking. Including is such a simple matter that you spend more time actually playing with your cards rather than figuring out the perfect vessel configuration.

I see where you're coming from Rio, but in my mind, it's really not that complex. In practical terms, you would simply assign creatures to vessel like you assign attacking creatures, maybe placing them near or overlapping the vessel. That way it is easy see how many and which creatures are assigned to each vessel.

I agree that giving Vessels too many abilites might be counterproductive though. That's why they all have a [0]-ability, that overcosted, granted, but when creatures start getting assigned, you get a lot more that what you paid for.

Too complex? Really? Am I missing something?

Also, I too like Shima's Spheres, but they have VERY limited flavor possibilities, IMO. And "include" - it gets the job done, but it's not resonant enough, I think.

War Chariot --
Artifact - Vessel
~ cannot have more than two creatures assigned to it.
[1-2]: Each assigned creature gets +2/+2 and has haste.

This is for all intents and purposes Equipment. So single-creature Vessels are basically out? Or what?

Plus, "assign"... it's only for lack of a better term.