Bloodthirsty OP: Half-Orc Barb (Rageblood)/Bloodfury Savage/Reincarnate Champion (Credit to LDB)

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Race: Half-Orc.
Feral Might: Rageblood Vigor.
Multiclass: Fighter.
Paragon Path: Bloodfury Savage.
Epic Destiny: Reincarnate Champion.
Past Life Race 1: Gnoll.
Past Life Race 2: Dragonborn.

Ability Scores:
L1 – Str 18, Con 14, Dex 16, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 10
L4 – Str 19, Con 14, Dex 17, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 10
L8 – Str 20, Con 14, Dex 18, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 10
L11 – Str 21, Con 15, Dex 19, Int 9, Wis 14, Cha 11
L14 – Str 22, Con 15, Dex 20, Int 9, Wis 14, Cha 11
L18 – Str 23, Con 15, Dex 21, Int 9, Wis 14, Cha 11
L21 – Str 24, Con 16, Dex 22, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 12
L24 – Str 27, Con 17, Dex 22, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 12
L28 – Str 28, Con 18, Dex 22, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 12

Feats:
L1 – Weapon Proficiency (Fullblade)
L2 – Heavy Blade Expertise
L4 – Weapon Focus (Heavy Blades)
L6 – Deadly Rage
L8 – Reckless Charge
L10 – Battle Awareness (Intimidate)
L11 – Strength from Pain
L12 – Anger Unleashed
L14 – Armor Specialization (Hide)
L16 – Improved Defenses
L18 – Charging Rampage
L20 – Powerful Charge
L21 – Heavy Blade Mastery
L21 – Long Step (replaces Powerful Charge)
L22 – Fierce Charge
L24 – Brutal Charge
L24 – Second Skin (replaces Armor Specialization (Hide))
L26 – Overpowering Charge
L27 – Reserve Maneuver (Curtain of Steel) (replaces Charging Rampage)
L28 – Draconic Arrogance
L30 – Ferocious Critical

At-Will Powers:
L1 – Howling Strike
L1 – Pressing Strike

Encounter Powers:
L1 – Desperate Fury
L3 – Brutal Slam
L7 – Curtain of Steel
L11 – Unbound Assault
L13 – Storm of Blades (replaces Desperate Fury)
L23 – Staggering Strike (replaces Brutal Slam)
L27 – Curtain of Steel (replaces Unbound Assault)
L27 – Hurricane of Blades (replaces Curtain of Steel)

Daily Powers:
L1 – Swift Panther Rage
L5 – Rage of the Crimson Hurricane
L9 – Oak Hammer Rage
L15 – Thunderfury Rage (replaces Swift Panther Rage)
L19 – Desert Wind Rage (replaces Rage of the Crimson Hurricane)
L20 – Murderous Rage
L25 – Stone Tempest Rage (replaces Oak Hammer Rage)
L29 – World Serpent Rage (replaces Thunderfury Rage)

Utility Powers:
L2 – Shrug it Off
L6 – Combat Surge
L10 – Incredible Stride
L12 – Frothing Madness
L16 – Spur the Cycle
L22 – Unexpected Clarity
L26 – Swift Reincarnation

Magic Items (Expected GP = 14,625,000):
L29 (2,625,000 gp): +6 Battlecrazed Fullblade (AV)
L28 (2,125,000 gp): +6 Bestial Elderhide Armor (AV)
L27 (1,625,000 gp):
+6 Badge of the Berserker (AV 2)
L27 (1,625,000 gp): +6 Farbond Spellblade Fullblade (AV 2)
L27 (1,625,000 gp): Shadow Band (AV)
L26 (1,125,000 gp): Horned Helm (Epic Tier) (PHB)
L26 (1,125,000 gp): Iron Armbands of Power (Epic Tier) (AV)
L26 (1,125,000 gp): Violet Solitaire (AV)
L25 (625,000 gp): Belt of Titan Strength (PHB)
L25 (625,000 gp): Diamond Scabbard (AV)
L18 (85,000 gp): Gauntlets of Destruction (PHB)
L13 (17,000 gp):
Ring of Giants (D 378)
L12 (13,000 gp):
Stone of Earth (AV 2)
L11 (9,000 gp): Dice of Auspicious Fortune (D 381)
L10 (5,000 gp): Boots of the Mighty Charge (D 381)
L9 (4,200 gp): Backlash Tattoo (AV 2)
L3 (680 gp): +1 Blood Fury Fullblade (AV 2)
TOTAL: 14,383,880 gp

As the title says, I'd like to OP around the Bloodied condition, as in, being Bloodied, and facing Bloodied foes. All credit for this build goes to LDB, I would just like to see if there are any updates to it that would come in handy. My thought on a Theme would be Bloodsworn, even though the build is a charger, Ironw Wolf Warrior didn't seem to really fit the bill for me- am I wrong?

Also, I'm wondering if Gouge or Executioner's Axe can replace the fullblade?
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Seriously? Bloodthirsty optimization, and no thought of gauntlet axes to save hands and Winterfury to really crank that damage into overdrive? LDB would be ashamed, considering our build really made Battlecrazed sing through Winterfury.

EDIT: And no Savage Growl either. Yuck!
Mountain Cleave Rule: You can have any sort of fun, including broken, silly fun, so long as I get to have that fun too (e. g., if you can warp reality with your spells, I can cleave mountains with my blade).
If charging you could, if i'm not mistaken, go with Blood Fury or Battlecrazed Gauntlet Axes and get yourself a Vanguard or Thunder God gouge, correct?

I guess thats kind of what Arm is getting at. 
Bloodfury Savage is pretty weak. Kensai or Winterfury are much better.
If charging you could, if i'm not mistaken, go with Blood Fury or Battlecrazed Gauntlet Axes and get yourself a Vanguard or Thunder God gouge, correct?

I guess thats kind of what Arm is getting at. 

No, you have to use a battlecrazed main weapon, and use bloodfury gauntlet axes instead of a side fullblade.
Mountain Cleave Rule: You can have any sort of fun, including broken, silly fun, so long as I get to have that fun too (e. g., if you can warp reality with your spells, I can cleave mountains with my blade).
You realize this is LDB's build right from the handbook, right? Hence why I was asking about updates, lol!

I see what you mean with Winterfury and whatnot, it definitely makes more sense. I guess this hasn't been messed with in a while.

I'll have to let my bro-in-law know, as this was a build to show him, so we'll see how that goes.
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Maybe a revenant would be good for this sort of build. Go with 18 Str, 16 Dex post-racial to start, become unkillable, then hang around bloodied all day. If you're a dead Genasi, you could use your now-free minor action to turn on Promise of Storm in round 1, or maybe Battlefury Stance if you powerswap for it. Then you also get to exploit Battlecrazed all encounter long.

That's actually pretty cool...might have to give that a look, thanks!

Now I've just gotta work on a Cleric and/or Shaman build to show my wife lol!

I'm still trying to get them to actually play, but I think I've got em hooked, and showing them some pregens might help them get into the swing of things. Now I've just gotta figure out what his fiance's gonna play...ugh.
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
Revenant is for the weak and unwo/manly tbqh. If you don't trust your striker damage to the point you need an infinite number of rounds to finish your foes off, you picked the wrong job tbqh. Now Genasi, that has some more promise.
But being unkillable also boosts your damage. Iron Wolf Warrior + Revenant, anyone?
Revenant is for the weak and unwo/manly tbqh. If you don't trust your striker damage to the point you need an infinite number of rounds to finish your foes off, you picked the wrong job tbqh. Now Genasi, that has some more promise.

EDIT: wrong post.  Bleh.
But being unkillable also boosts your damage. Iron Wolf Warrior + Revenant, anyone?

Counterpoint: Ironwrought/Lycan = wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the **** more damage than one bonus MBA. I recommend crunching the math, you'll be surprised by the results. Also, not only is it not the best choice, but it is still lame as hell.

Counterpoint: Ironwrought/Lycan = wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the **** more damage than one bonus MBA. I recommend crunching the math, you'll be surprised by the results. Also, not only is it not the best choice, but it is still lame as hell.

Now I'm waiting for a Rev-Genasi Lycan build to show up on CO...lol!

Anyone have tips on a Shaman for a beginner? I'm thinking that's what my wife may lean towards, though a case can be made for a lazer cleric as well...*headache*
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:

Now I'm waiting for a Rev-Genasi Lycan build to show up on CO...lol!

Anyone have tips on a Shaman for a beginner? I'm thinking that's what my wife may lean towards, though a case can be made for a lazer cleric as well...*headache*

Is she going to say "pew pew!" during combat?  I think that's a required part of the build. Tongue Out

Lol! If she doesn't, I will!

I might end up either running a companion character (not DMPC) and I'm thinking a half-elf lazer cleric possibly.
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:

You can get more than one MBA per encounter if you optimize around it.

With regards to Lycan, claw gloves add an average of 5.5 extra damage. It's a net benefit of 3.5 in paragon and 1.5 in epic compared to gloves of ice. Yeah, I'm not seeing how a Lycan theme is clearly so much better.
Claw Gloves can maximize. You should be aiming toward scoring a buncha crits for very obvious reasons.
Action prohibitive. I'd rather get to move and make a minor action attack then move and lycan on t1.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
Oh yeah, no kidding about that. Still better than the hilariously bad iron wolf warrior though.
Oh yeah, no kidding about that. Still better than the hilariously bad iron wolf warrior though.

I'll have to double check the wording...  But i think it would work great with boots of chiphon + potion bandoleer (or quick draw) + 500 healing potions.

Add the extra minor...  and you have...

Standard -> attack.
minor -> potion
minor ->shift + MBA
minor -> potion
take any damage -> MBA.
repeat.

Also, wolf bound swaps arn't exactly useless.

I'll also toss out a frost fury gouge.  Won't be as much as battlecrazed, but opens up all the frost stuff.

And minotaur.  If your going the iron wolf route.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

It's "When an Enemy Drops you" with Iron Wolf Warrior.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
It's "When an Enemy Drops you" with Iron Wolf Warrior.

Ah well.  (don't have the compendium anymore).

I'll have to build a lightning rush battlemind|warlock for it then.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.