Most Viewed Topics

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Probably broken. They have all been the same forever and all of their titles contain at least one question mark. Coincidence???
It's not the feature itself that's broken--it's the threads. For some reason, all of those threads have been inexplicably endowed with massive view counts. Why, I have no idea.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

It's not the feature itself that's broken--it's the threads. For some reason, all of those threads have been inexplicably endowed with massive view counts. Why, I have no idea.

Cause they are awesome!!

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...

they have huge view counts because they're in the most-viewed topics list and people click them to see what they are.

anyway can we now discuss the purpose of that feature? I remember asking about this when it was first made a thing, and now that it's been demonstrably proven to be worthless beyond being a permanent front-page link to that "what do you think my character looks like?" D&D thread, can we get rid of it?

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

they have huge view counts because they're in the most-viewed topics list and people click them to see what they are.

I'm fairly certain those same threads have been on the most-viewed list since we first moved to this software.

Shouldn't there be some sort of function that "degrades" their view count over time? Even if they have a tonload of views, the topics should still have a requirement of being somewhat recent.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

A trending function would be most ideal.  That way an old thread that happens to spike in popularity isn't artificially decayed due to its age.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM

I'm fairly certain those same threads have been on the most-viewed list since we first moved to this software.

That's not quite true.  One of those threads popped up there within the last year.  I know because I used to (when terribly bored) visit a thread that was legitimatly most viewed.  Then, that thread dissappeared, being replaced by one of the ????? threads.  So, at least one of those threads 'gliched out' and obtained a huge post count a good time after the switchover.

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...
It seems likely that the glitch is caused by the threads having only question marks in their titles. Those four threads should just be deleted.
It seems likely that the glitch is caused by the threads having only question marks in their titles. Those four threads should just be deleted.

I find it hard to believe those are the only four threads that have only question marks in their names, but let's test the theory!

Much better guess: the glich changed the thread's titles to be all question marks

Much better guess: the glich changed the thread's titles to be all question marks

any theory as to why this glitch only affects threads whose OPs are poorly-written questions, then?

any theory as to why this glitch only affects threads whose OPs are poorly-written questions, then?

Probability?
If a random thread bugs out, the chances of it being a poorly written question are high?

Razorborne's test thread is continually showing up as new in my RSS feed; PirateAmmo's theory may hold water.

Has anyone been keeping track of razor's thread's view counts? 
A thought just occured to me, what if everytime a RSS feed updates and finds the thread as new, it counts as a view?
Likely not right, but worth looking at real quick, maybe.

Has anyone been keeping track of razor's thread's view counts? 
A thought just occured to me, what if everytime a RSS feed updates and finds the thread as new, it counts as a view?
Likely not right, but worth looking at real quick, maybe.

it's been hovering around 80 for a while. my guess is that the RSS bug, combined with being in popular forums, meant that a lot of people saw it, clicked it thinking there was something new, lather, rinse, and repeat.

Razorborne's test thread is continually showing up as new in my RSS feed; PirateAmmo's theory may hold water.

Hey it was my theory first !!

Hey it was my theory first !!

He articulated it fully before you did, and more accurately, too--you included the "What do YOU think MY character looks like?" as an anomaly, but the bug implies that one has probably achieved its placement legitimately.

also it has 13 thousand posts

Sign In to post comments