Collectors Edition Box (Unopened)

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have an unopened Collector's edition Box with the plastic still on the box. I was curious if anyone could tell me the market value of the set and if there is any demand for such a set.
There is a niche demand for the collecter set cards. The fact yours is sealed increases its value. I'd guess between $800-$1000. Keep in mind its a select market for it, the cards are not legal due to the gold boardered square corner backs.

cheers

<----- Loser.

I have an unopened Collector's edition Box with the plastic still on the box. I was curious if anyone could tell me the market value of the set and if there is any demand for such a set.

There is a niche demand for the collecter set cards. The fact yours is sealed increases its value. I'd guess between $800-$1000. Keep in mind its a select market for it, the cards are not legal due to the gold boardered square corner backs.

cheers

The value is half the collector's side and half the fact that they are the single highest prized catagories of proxies being used in American Proxy 10 tournaments.

And, of course, there's the collectors speculating that Wizards will Magically legalize CE cards as nonproxies in order to allow the American Vintage scene to actually have relevant interactions with the European one. It's not terribly likely, but a few of the Vintage "experts" have asked for it as an alternative to ever accepting proxies (since outright proxies are never, ever, going to be sanctioned) since they still look gorgeous, they'd have enough stigma that they'd still be worth less even with a higher playability, they'd increase the available pool while not printing any new cards and square gold borders are less of a thing in a world when anyone who isn't a dangerous lunatic quite probably puts up with the joy that is shuffling toploaders (with sleeves inside, natch) already. But that's a random gamble and not even remotely even going to happen. Still, the notion is there.
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
SCG is selling sealed collectors' editions for $1500 which may or may not be overpriced. If you were to sell it to them you'd probably get around 50% of the value. Better to sell it to somebody who wants it and you'll probably get more value for it but still not retail value. Sealed and opened makes a few hundred dollars of difference which is nice. 
On e-bay they go for about $1600 to $1800, but they move pretty slowly.
STEP 1: Find your cousin STEP 2: Get your cousin in the cannon STEP: 3 Find another cousin
Sign In to post comments