Shuffling your Deck

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
What is the most effective, fastest and least damaging way of shuffling sleeved cards?
What's more damaging, riffle or mash?
I riffle corners and try not to bend the cards.
I found out hindu/overhand doesn't mix the cards properly.
Thanks for your help!
You are red/blue
I put the cards in seven piles, then riffle/mash shuffle them, then riffle/mash them seven or eight more times, taking the top and bottom twenty or so and mashing them into the middle a few times during the process.

If i'm shuffling a limited 40 card deck, I just riffle shuffle. They'll last the few games I'll play before sleeving them. 
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
8 or 9 riffles. If you are careful, and just riffle the corners/edges, you shouldn't damage your cards at all. That crap where people try to emulate what they see in movies? Yeah, that damages the hell out of cards. Normal decks of playing cards are cheap, even a deck of nothing but commons will get expensive after a while to keep in shape if you make a habit of that.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Mash shuffling is perfectly safe for your sleeves if you're careful about it. I personally alternate between mash and overhand shuffles about five times each.

L1 Judge

How do you riffle shuffle without damaging the cards?
You are red/blue
How do you riffle shuffle without damaging the cards?

I use my hands.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Sign In to post comments