BUG Summoning Post Gatecrash

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ever since I saw Crypt Ghast I fell in love with it and wanted to find ways to cheat it in as fast as possible, so then I remembered heartless summoning.

So here's the deck.

1 Acidic Slime
1 Bloodgift Demon
1 Craterhoof Behemoth
3 Crypt Ghast
2 Desecration Demon
1 Griselbrand
2 Havengul Lich
1 Stormtide Leviathan
3 Thragtusk

4 Heartless Summoning

3 Dissipate
2 Tragic Slip
2 Ultimate Price
4 Farseek
4 Tracker's Instict
2 Ranger's Path

3 Breeding Pool
2 Cavern of Souls
3 Drowned Catacomb
1 Forest
2 Swamp
3 Hinterland Harbor
4 Overgrown Tomb
3 Watery Grave
3 Woodland Cemetary

What do you guys think?

T1 Tomb
T2 Drowned Catacomb, summoning
T3 Land, Ghast then ranger's path
T4 Land, Fatty then proceed to win.

Think this will work? I have counters to protect fatties or summoning.
Decks I play: Modern: R/G Tron B/w Soul Sisters EDH: Gisela Midrange Edric Tap em down n' Swing Karrthus, the dragonlord Kaervek, the troll. Standard: The Aristocrats
Ever since I saw Crypt Ghast I fell in love with it and wanted to find ways to cheat it in as fast as possible, so then I remembered heartless summoning.

So here's the deck.

1 Acidic Slime
1 Bloodgift Demon
1 Craterhoof Behemoth
3 Crypt Ghast
2 Desecration Demon
1 Griselbrand
2 Havengul Lich
1 Stormtide Leviathan
3 Thragtusk

4 Heartless Summoning

3 Dissipate
2 Tragic Slip
2 Ultimate Price
4 Farseek
4 Tracker's Instict
2 Ranger's Path

3 Breeding Pool
2 Cavern of Souls
3 Drowned Catacomb
1 Forest
2 Swamp
3 Hinterland Harbor
4 Overgrown Tomb
3 Watery Grave
3 Woodland Cemetary

What do you guys think?

T1 Tomb
T2 Drowned Catacomb, summoning
T3 Land, Ghast then ranger's path
T4 Land, Fatty then proceed to win.

I linked your deck, I would suggest taking out the heartless summoning if you plan on putting 4 farseeks and 2 ranger's paths in the deck, ramp is more effeicent than heartless summoning alone, kind of negates its entire purpose if you can just ramp your mana up using regular ramp, the only reason heartless summoning is good is because it gives ramp to colors that would not normally have it.

Also there are 2 types of heartless summoning decks, one that uses the summoning to throw down massive creatures at a very fast rate to overwhelm your enemy; then there are heartless summoning decks that abuse the -1/-1 or the 2mana it produces to enable a combo of some sort, before scars rotated the heartless lich deck abused havengul lich, perilous myr and heartless summoning to essentially turn perilous myr into a 1 mana recastable shock and kill the enemy through that combo. This deck has a lot of 1 ofs in it I would suggest adding multiples of more of your creatures to make your creature base more dependable, I would also suggest choosing between either a combo version of heartless summoning or more of an aggro ramp build of the deck; if you want to abuse the new crypt ghast I would suggest throwing in more extort cards and making this into a quick extortion deck that use desecration demon, alms beast and other big extortion walls to hold off your enemy while slowly draining/beating them with said walls them to death.
I see your point but that is not where I want to go with this deck. I don't want to go extort. The ramp is just there to help incase my summonings never come.
Decks I play: Modern: R/G Tron B/w Soul Sisters EDH: Gisela Midrange Edric Tap em down n' Swing Karrthus, the dragonlord Kaervek, the troll. Standard: The Aristocrats

So here's the deck.

1 Acidic Slime
1 Bloodgift Demon
1 Craterhoof Behemoth
2 Desecration Demon
1 Griselbrand
2 Havengul Lich
1 Stormtide Leviathan
3 Thragtusk

4 Heartless Summoning

3 Dissipate
2 Tragic Slip
2 Ultimate Price
4 Farseek 
3 Tracker's Instict 
2 Mutilate
3 Forbidden Alchemy

3 Breeding Pool 
2 Cavern of Souls
3 Drowned Catacomb
1 Forest
2 Swamp
3 Hinterland Harbor
3 Overgrown Tomb
3 Watery Grave 
3 Woodland Cemetary

What do you guys think? 

Changes I've made.

-1 Tracker's Instict
-1 Overgrown Tomb
-2 Ranger's Path
-3 Crypt Ghast

+3 Forbidden Alchemy
+2 Mutilate
+2 Rapid Hybridization