Two Combos For Your Consideration

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
How do these cards combo? I'm not seeing it.
Looks like Ancient pumps Vigor. 

Not exactly a combo, but a nice bit of teamwork.

I'm guessing Realms gives you a lot of land to make a big Death Cloud, and you suffer little from the land sac because you already doubled your number of lands.

Thing is, by the time you cast Realms, you can already have fired off a nice Death Cloud.  X = 4 is pretty strong.  I'm trying to see why you'd want to ramp to get Death Cloud higher than X = 7 (the maximum number of cards in their hand) unless you're going for lethal.  But Cloud is a double edge sword, and nothing in that interaction screams "I have more life than them".
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
These aren't combos at all. The first two are actually very independant effects, and the second, while the first card compliments the other, is basically no more a combo than any other mana accelerating spell or effect paired with an spell.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Vigor, Pyrohemia, Fling is a better Vigor combo.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt