7 x Island
5 x Plains

Sideboard ( 15 ):
1 x Bant Sureblade
4 x Oblivion Ring
2 x Armored Guardian
2 x Guiding Spirit
4 x Elixir of Immortality

But I had some difficulties against a black-white deck with: Duskmantle Prowler, Duty-Bound Dead, Servant of Nefarox, Duty-Bound Dead, Child of Night, Vampire Nighthawk, Aven Squire

And I also defeated by white-blue deck with Pacifism, Encrust, Divine Verdict, Righteous Blow and some counterspells.

So, what should I change in this deck to make it more effective against those two decks?

I'm thinking about removing the 4 Bant Sureblade to add 4 Wall of Denial, replacing the 2 Armored Guardian by 2 additional Plains, replacing Vapor Snag by Afterlife and replace Guiding Spirit by Plumeveil, so the deck would be like this:

Creatures ( 18 ):
4 x Thistledown Liege
4 x Deft Duelist
4 x Esper Stormblade
4 x Wall of Denial
2 x Plumeveil

Instants( 16 ):
4 x Divine Deflection
4 x Oblivion Ring
4 x Negate
4 x Afterlife

Sorceries ( 4 ):
4 x Ponder

Lands ( 22 ):
4 x Celestial Colonnade
4 x Terramorphic Expanse
7 x Island
7 x Plains

Sideboard ( 15 ):
1 x Godhead of Awe
2 x Plumeveil
4 x Elixir of Immortality
4 x Flickering Ward
4 x Hindering Light

I would appreciate any advice/suggestion regarding this deck.

FirstFootsteps of, nice deck, it looks pretty good.

what I would change about it is I think that four terramorphic is way to much, at absolute maximum I'd put 1, if you have any dual land that is white and blue replace it with that.

Last but not least you should put in mana leak and more draw cards, like preordain.

Hope this helps

I could replace them by 4 Azorius Chancery, but I don't know if that would be better than having the 4 Terramorphic Expanse.

I already have 4 Ponder, so I don't think that preordain would improve the deck, since I it would them have 8 draw cards and I would need to take 4 cards to do that.

I have Negate and Hindering Light to counter my opponent spells, would it be necessary to add mana leak? If needed to be I would prefer to add 4 Counterspell.

The problems with my current deck are with:
- Vapor Snag: it's cheap and can help in a tight spot, but normally it just enables me to win a bit more time, so adding something like Afterlife would be better in the long term.

- Bant Sureblade: it's also a cheap card, but the deck has some difficulties against decks with flying creatures and control spells like Pacifism, so I think it would be better to replace them for Wall of Denial, a creature with flying and shroud.

- Armored Guardian: seemed a nice creature for later in the game, but trying to use them I realized they are expensive and a lack power to to make a difference, so I will probably remove them to add more lands, that I feel that are lacking.

- Guiding Spirit: I added them because of their ability to get back fallen creatures, but I haven't use that ability often, so I'm thinking about replacing them with Plumeveil, since the flash ability can surprise my opponent and it also has flying.

The rest of the cards have been useful, especially Thistledown Liege and Divine Deflection.

Would these changes improve the deck, are there better options? I would appreciate any suggestion.

Sign In to post comments