[GTC-ICD] Skyknight Legionnaire

70 posts / 0 new
Last post

Skyknight Legionnaire (Common) -
Creature - Human Knight
Flying, haste
Millenium Platform, once a monument to peace, was quickly seized by the skyknights for its strategic aerial location.
2/2

Source: GTC card image gallery

It's baaa-aaack, and it's going to be oh, so very awesome in Limited.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
This limited all-star returns!
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
a nice reprint
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/7f93181f0a4ee0953e8ae20da960a876.jpg?v=90000)
This limited all-star returns!

Yeah, this is boss **** mane. 
I liked the old flavour text better, but I guess it wouldn't have made sense this time around, seeing as Razia isn't around anymore.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
First art was better. Not as much metallic crotch.
First art was better. Not as much metallic crotch.

Weren't you aware that Gangnam Style hit Ravnica in between the two blocks?
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Oh yeahhh, I'm gonna enjoy choosing boros when playing at release.
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
This art is a very poor indicator of what the card actually does.
I may skip gatecrash just because of this art.

3DH4LIF3

Yey, it's back! But... WTF DAT CROTCH AREA @_@
Eh.
The more I look at that art, the more I got the feeling that she(he?) says "Come at me, BRO!!"
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!
The more I look at that art, the more I got the feeling that she(he?) says "Come at me, BRO!!"

its a she I believe
old art is infinitely better, this one is terrible.
A few people over on the MTGS forums speculated that we would see this reprint when they previewed this art in the PW's guide. Was a good call.

Not a card I will complain about having around. Solid reprint.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
Great reprint. Terrible art. Am I supposed to assume she is hastily flying toward you crotch-first? This is one card I will always turn toward my opponent in gameplay.
Nice reprint.
Fantastic reprint. If we only get one reprint this set, this had to be it (I mean, hey, Voidslime would have been nice, but we can't have everything!)

You guys can continued wasting bandwidth about the art now *dances away cackling. 

DCI Judge Level 1

This is a sweet reprint.  The new art sucks though.
I think the idea is that the creature just took off immediately so that she was thrown back.  Captures haste.  Plus the wings.  Looking at it that way, I see Flying, Haste.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. How to Create
Show
replace {} with [] {sblock} at the beginning and {/sblock} at the end.
I borrowed this from blood77. All credit goes to him. Great idea for a signature and I'm tired of people not autocarding decks. How to Auto Card
Show
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
Show
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck Auto Deck
Show
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4 Halimar Depths 4 Unstable Frontier 8 Island 4 Swamp Creatures 12 4 Hedron Crab 4 Nemesis of Reason 4 Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4 Spreading Seas 4 Suffer the Past 4 Mind Funeral 4 Archive Trap 4 Ponder 4 Into the Roil 4 Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Result
I think the idea is that the creature just took off immediately so that she was thrown back.  Captures haste.  Plus the wings.  Looking at it that way, I see Crotch, Crotch.

fixed
Way too far zoomed in. What's she even riding?
Yay reprint, boo art.
Spread Eagle Knight.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

this art is terrible

The pose is extremely suggestive and the leg on the right looks exactly like an erect penis.

Completely unacceptable.
I think this art is great, but i prefer the original one because I like backgrounds.
I play for fun
The original art by Jim Murray is so much more convincing and actually tells you that the thing you see is a skynight.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

I'll agree on the art being terrible. Near as I can tell it's an adrogynous cyborg pelvic thrusting towards the camera.

Still a solid card though. I think I'll dust off my old copies if I decide to run any outside of limited though. 
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
Just to play devil's advocate here.

If you look at the art, you will notice that she is carrying a Lance in one of her hands.

Often, people participating in a joust when charging forward would lean back on their mounts (since they often used saddles with high backs to allow this), this not only made it easier to couch their lance during a charge, but it also helped to absorb the shock of either connecting with your opponent with your own lance, or being hit by your opponents lance.

All of which made it easier to not get dismounted, which I assume would be a pretty big concern when the mount you are riding on is flying.

But yeah, crotch.

"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
Love the reprint. Also, very glad I still have my old copies for the art with far less crotch. Art could have been nice if zoomed out a little further so it wasn't 40% crotch in your face.

Edit: The more I look at it (zoomed in), the more it seems like her back has just suffered some serious trauma. It's at a very wierd angle, leaned back and to the side at the same. Trying to replicate it is very awkward.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Solid, solid reprint.

But the art... The art.... God no, why....

My inner Vorthos is screaming inside. Screaming, I say.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
On second look, it kind of looks like she's pulling up on her mount, perhaps to ascend.  This would necessitate the kind of leaning back in the picture.  Also, someone mentioned jousting posture previously.  In the very least, it's a needless, silly close-up.  At worst, it's a shamelessly gratuitous crotch thrust directed at the player. 

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

On second look, it kind of looks like she's pulling up on her mount, perhaps to ascend.  This would necessitate the kind of leaning back in the picture.  Also, someone mentioned jousting posture previously.  In the very least, it's a needless, silly close-up.  At worst, it's a shamelessly gratuitous crotch thrust directed at the player. 

This right here.  Art aside, this is a very welcome card to see.
Would have liked different art for sure, but great card.  May I see many when I draft
This is strange, because RTR had a marked absence of Rav reprints (besides the shocklands). I'm glad they're bringing back some old staples in GTC, like they did in Scars. I just wish RTR were the same.
My face was dealt 2 damage (haste-like) by that art............ And all your comments about it.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
I am extremely disappointed for one reason. My casual pauper Boros multiplayer deck has fallen behind the others of late, and I was looking forward to Gatecrash for something new to refresh it with. Maybe the common of the cycle will be good enough?

(next week, on Gatecrash Spoiler: Hobgoblin Dragoon and Cerodon F***ing Yearling! Godammit.)
This art on this card is almost as terrible as Spincrusher.
My novel, Mektar, Clash of Ideals, is now available for purchase! Just click this text. I have +30 bragging rights according to HairlessThoctar. Just saying.
Groin lady gone now
If it offends you all that much, get a grip, and by a playset of the original.

Job done. 

DCI Judge Level 1

Second sexual spoiler...
For some reason i thought this was an uncommon, my being corrected makes limited boros much much better looking.
Sign In to post comments