Any other cards like "Rain of Gore"?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi all,

I'm trying to build a deck that abuses cards like Skyshroud Cutter, by turning that life-gain into life-loss instead.
Now I know Rain of Gore only effects cards that your opponents' control, but I'd like to know if there are any cards out there that allow me to hurt my opponents from permanents that I control?

Cheers.   
STEP 1: Find your cousin STEP 2: Get your cousin in the cannon STEP: 3 Find another cousin
Thanks!
So if I stick False Cure on a stick, removal like Swords to Plowshares & Condemn to buy time.
Then for other options I have Rest for the Weary or Heroes Reunion (on a stick), Reverent Silence, Nature's Claim, Skyshroud Cutter.
Kavu Predator could be in there too, as could Wall of Shards.
Mimic Vat could help to recur my defence. 
Seeds of Innocence is terri-bad given I'll be running stick.

Ideally, I want the deck to be flexible and quick.
What other cards are out there that function like Skyshroud Cutter, Reverant Silence etc etc.?
Rain of Gore doesn't work like that.  It only works on an ability or spell from its own controller.  If you are the one granting them life, they'll still gain it normally.
Rain of Gore doesn't work like that.  It only works on an ability or spell from its own controller.

If only he didn't state that he knows exactly that in his own original post.  That's why he's looking for alternatives that do work the way he wants.

Once you find such a thing, PhelddagrifQuesting Phelddagrif are natural add to the deck.  For each W you spend, they gain 2 life, which hopefully you can turn against them.  Maybe run Skyshroud Elfs in your deck for their ability to wash all your mana into white as needed (as well as their usual mana-ramping utility).
Punishing Fire, Needlebite Trap, and False Cure are the best choices I can find.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I've been playing against the false cure/kavu deck since they existed. >.<
It can be extremely powerful in multi player. 
I've been playing against the false cure/kavu deck since they existed. >.<
It can be extremely powerful in multi player. 

Could you please pop us a link for a decklist?
Cheers!