Been some time...

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ambitions Sundered
Sorcery
Choose three numbers whose total is equal to 15. Target player arranges those numbers in any order, then discards cards equal to the first number, then sacrifices permanents equal to the second number, and then loses life equal to the third number.
Like daydreams scatter before actual thoughts, your ambitions sundered before my might.

or

Ambitions Sundered
Sorcery
Choose three numbers whose total is equal to twice the value of X. Target player arranges those numbers in any order, then discards cards equal to the first number, then sacrifices permanents equal to the second number, and then loses life equal to the third number.
Like daydreams scatter before actual thoughts, your ambitions sundered before my might.

Comments, Questions, Critiques, Insults, etc...
#pony chat
58325628 wrote:
I, Niklor, in the event of a situation where I am placed at L-1, in other words 1 vote away from being lynched, will bring the hammer vote down upon myself unless it is a known Lylo situation by either announcement or general consensus. Note, if the general consensus is that it's Lylo on days when it clearly isn't, I will ignore them. Please respect the self-hammer by not hammering Niklor in non-Lylo scenarios.
Ambitions Sundered
Sorcery
Choose three numbers whose total is equal to 15. Target player arranges those numbers in any order, then discards cards equal to the first number, then sacrifices permanents equal to the second number, and then loses life equal to the third number.

I like it, but I feel that as is it would be costed to high to see any real play. I'm thinking a cmc of 6 is really the greatest you'd want.
Granted, as is, I think it is balanced, just that it would be underplayed.

In short. I like it. I want the cmc to go down, so some numbers would need tweaking.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
I wish this was a Pox throwback.  You pick four numbers that add to 16, an opponent picks the order, and everyone does the actions.

I really like the mechanism here of you picking the numbers and an opponent picking the order.  Like, really.  It's making me think of other "collaborative" effects.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Ambitions Sundered
Sorcery

I like it, but I feel that as is it would be costed to high to see any real play. I'm thinking a cmc of 6 is really the greatest you'd want.

In short. I like it. I want the cmc to go down, so some numbers would need tweaking.

6 mana for "target player sacrifices 5 permanents, discards 5 cards, and loses 5 life" sounds about right to you?

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

At that point it's a 6 mana Wit's End.

I can choose zero right?
Ambitions Sundered
Sorcery

There are many good cards in magic that are underplayed, so I'm not heavily bothered by that being your only complaint. As it stands though, seven seems a more reasonable cost given its potential utility.

I wish this was a Pox throwback.  You pick four numbers that add to 16, an opponent picks the order, and everyone does the actions.

I really like the mechanism here of you picking the numbers and an opponent picking the order.  Like, really.  It's making me think of other "collaborative" effects.

It's more vicious to let the opponent have the choice, in my mind.

At that point it's a 6 mana Wit's End.

I can choose zero right?

That is my intent.
#pony chat
58325628 wrote:
I, Niklor, in the event of a situation where I am placed at L-1, in other words 1 vote away from being lynched, will bring the hammer vote down upon myself unless it is a known Lylo situation by either announcement or general consensus. Note, if the general consensus is that it's Lylo on days when it clearly isn't, I will ignore them. Please respect the self-hammer by not hammering Niklor in non-Lylo scenarios.
I like the idea. I just think 15 is unnecessarily large. raz's 5/5/5 example shows why. Compare it to Rite of Ruin, which offs 6 permanents and is symetrical. Unfortunately, it's difficult to balance at almost any number. 10 seems better, and even that seems big. I'm also not sure if the split is going to matter all that often. It's almost always best to split it evenly... I think.
I like the idea. I just think 15 is unnecessarily large. raz's 5/5/5 example shows why. Compare it to Rite of Ruin, which offs 6 permanents and is symetrical. Unfortunately, it's difficult to balance at almost any number. 10 seems better, and even that seems big. I'm also not sure if the split is going to matter all that often. It's almost always best to split it evenly... I think.

It could be turned into an X cost I suppose, so the more mana you pour in the higher the number(s) you can use. A little less appealing and a little more appealing, depending on the players, but that would probably balance it while still allowing for high values like 15, though less often.
#pony chat
58325628 wrote:
Sign In to post comments