Character Sheet Spreadsheets with Formulas

v1.5 changes: Gave the Class Features section more room, support for the new skill die, compressed some unecessary spots, changed "Eyes" to "Age" because no one cares about Gary Stue's heterochromia, other minor fixes.  There's 20 extra rows of inventory that are initially hidden.

I made a spreadsheet for use in my games, and it's been working wonderfully.  Google docs can be shared with players so both the GM and player can view/edit simutaneously.

It does some nifty things like  show how much experience you need to level, your modifiers, inventory.

Here it is, feel free to use it. You'll want to go to [File > Make a Copy...] to use it for yourself.

You're not supposed to edit non-white boxes (unless you know what you're doing with the formulas), and you're supposed to put descriptions for Class Features and such in a note. [Right Click > Insert note]

Any dark gray boxes have formulas, while light ones are simply labels.  There's an inventory calculator at the bottom so you don't need to add or multiply yourself for value and weight.

Please post any suggestions for improvement.

I've been and will be updating as soon as a new packet revision releases, until further notice.

Feel free to link this anywhere within the forums or to private individuals signed up for the playtest, but please link to this thread, not the document.
Wow, this is really cool man! Thanks!
My two copper.
This sheet is awesome. The only flaw I can find in it (and it's really tiny) is that you misspelled "MANEUVERS".  

I'll definitely watch for any updates to this with new packet releases. 
This sheet is awesome. The only flaw I can find in it (and it's really tiny) is that you misspelled "MANEUVERS".  

I'll definitely watch for any updates to this with new packet releases. 

Ahaha, I'm never sure if I'm spelling that right, I should have checked.

Thanks, and thank you Jenks too.
Wow, that's really great.  I wish I'd found this a few days ago!  I decided to make my own, but if I'd seen yours first I wouldn't have bothered.  Very useful in Googld Docs.  Awesome.

Thank you. This is very helpful.
I'm glad this is helpful to people!  As this is my favorite system, I'm going to still try to improve it

What do you guys think about me adding Weapon Damage Bonus next to Martial Damage Dice/Bonus;? because you either potentially have all three or none.

Also I'm thinking about making the sheet slightly wider so it prints best at 100% on a normal 8.5/11" sheet of paper, because right now it's optimized to be thin and off to the side of the screen while gaming in something like roll20, or having pdf's on the other side of your screen.

Any other suggestions for improving the sheet?
This should be pinned at the top of the forum since WotC have yet to produce a working character sheet. Also, is there a way to cram all this on one page in portrait mode? I know that's asking a lot, but I plan to print them up and would like my play testers to see everything without having to flip pages. Thanks for the hard work SonidZero!!!!!
This should be pinned at the top of the forum since WotC have yet to produce a working character sheet. Also, is there a way to cram all this on one page in portrait mode? I know that's asking a lot, but I plan to print them up and would like my play testers to see everything without having to flip pages. Thanks for the hard work SonidZero!!!!!

ask and ye shall receive.

sorta. This is the sheet i have been using for martial characters 

i will be making a companion sheet for spell casting classes soon. glad to see other sheet designers, i was afraid to post mine for fear of breaking TOS

Thx for the martial version of the character sheet! I'm betting there will be an update to the playtest following the winter con that might change the MDD or MDB though. Thx again !
Whoa, this is beautiful. I definitely prefer this over a PDF.

STICKY THIS!
Great job on the sheet, but can it be downloaded and used locally?  I tried downloading it as a Excel file, but it didn't format properly.  What's the secret?
Great job on the sheet, but can it be downloaded and used locally?  I tried downloading it as a Excel file, but it didn't format properly.  What's the secret?

You can download the Google Drive app for Chrome to be able to use Google Drive stuff while offline, I have no experience downloading into Excel or anything else, as Drive is much more convenient.
DnD Next Character Sheet PDF

I went ahead and built a PDF to go with this. The spreadsheet works great for working with the computer, but it doesn't print out so well (bit narrow). Perhaps in your next update you can fix that, but in the meantime, here's a PDF you can print out on 8.5x11 that I whiped together with InDesign. I had to compress it a bit so the logo is moved and I rebuilt the top of the first page a bit. A few of the lines were removed as well, but for the most part I think it works fairly well.

Cheers!
DnD Next Character Sheet PDF

I went ahead and built a PDF to go with this. The spreadsheet works great for working with the computer, but it doesn't print out so well (bit narrow). Perhaps in your next update you can fix that, but in the meantime, here's a PDF you can print out on 8.5x11 that I whiped together with InDesign. I had to compress it a bit so the logo is moved and I rebuilt the top of the first page a bit. A few of the lines were removed as well, but for the most part I think it works fairly well.

Cheers!

I was talking to a lot of my players and they preferred the thin layout for use on the computer which is why I never made it wider.

That being said, I think it's really awesome that you made that and it looks fantastic, I will definitely use it if I need to print sheets again. 
Updated the sheet to v1.5 to support the new packet; I think I removed more than I added.  Right now there aren't formulas for magic stats but those aren't really hard to enter yourself anyway, I'll get around to it soon.
Love this, thanks for putting all that work in!
Thanks Gumba!

I just modified the Bulk categories to count a blank in the # column as having a single item, as long as there's something in the Item Name & Notes column.

I've been trying to figure out a good way to handle the spells section, and maybe include domain spells, but it's incredibly hard and unweildly to have formulas since so many classes have spellcasting, and I'm just trying to figure out a good general format that works for anyone.  (With how it is, those with only 5 levels of spellcasting can hide all spell rows above those levels)

Anyone have suggestions?

Also if you're going to link this anywhere, please link to the thread so new users can be aware of how to use it. 
Sign In to post comments