Brion Stoutarm - Creatureless Deck!

17 posts / 0 new
Last post

I usually try to make original decks, something I have never played against at least. Not saying that my decks are always really good. But original none the less. So here is my attempt at a creatureless Commander deck:

Commander
Brion Stoutarm

Artifacts
Chromatic Lantern
Elixir of Immortality
Expedition Map
Forcefield
Jinxed Idol
Mana Crypt
Mana Vault
Mirari
Oblivion Stone
Relic of Progenitus
Sensei's Divining Top
Sol Ring
Sun Droplet
Trading Post

Enchantments
Aura of Silence
Ghostly Prison
Kismet
Leyline of Sanctity
Oblivion Ring
Smoke
Conquer
Prison Term

Instants
Act of Aggression
Beacon of Destruction
Beacon of Immortality
Blind with Anger 
Chaos Warp
Cloudshift
Condemn
Enlightened Tutor
Flash Conscription
Fling
Fork
Grab the Reins
Increasing Vengeance
Magmaquake
Oblation
Orim's Thunder
Path to Exile

Radiate
Rebuff the Wicked
Reciprocate
Reiterate
Return to Dust
Reverberate
Silence
Swords to Plowshares
Temporary Insanity
Wild Ricochet
Word of Seizing

Lands 

Battlefield Forge
Boros Garrison
City of Brass
City of Shadows
Clifftop Retreat
Command Tower
Diamond Valley
Flagstones of Trokair
Kher Keep 
Kjeldoran Outpost
Mountain x8
Mystifying Maze
Plains x8 
Plateau
Sacred Foundry 
Springjack Pasture 
Strip Mine
Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
Thawing Glaciers
The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
Vesuva

Sorceries
Act of Treason 
Akroma's Vengeance
Austere Command
Day of Judgment
Evangelize
Insurrection
Mark of Mutiny
Recoup 
Rout
Threaten
Traitorous Instinct
Twist Allegiance
Winds of Rath
Wrath of God

P.S. City of Shadows is amazing in this deck. It should actually be in almost every Commander deck as it basically pays for 1/2 of the extra commander cost every time your commander leaves the battlefield!

Yup... city would be an all-star in this.

3DH4LIF3

stealandsac.dek? I feel like this is a deck that wants to be Grixis more than Boros personally
stealandsac.dek? I feel like this is a deck that wants to be Grixis more than Boros personally

Agreed.  As tempting as it may be to run Brion as the commander, blue has way too many control creature cards to pass up.
Its funnier with Brion though... tossing their dudes back.

3DH4LIF3

I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.

My Current EDH Decks: Rhys the Redeemed Token Elves | Wort, Boggart Auntie R/B Goblins | Brion Stoutarm | Rakdos, Lord of Riots | Tajic, Weapon with Mass Destruction | Jor-Kadeen the Prevailer | Melek, Izzet Paragon | Heliod Enchantments | Prossh Tokens and Sac | Captain Sisay Legendary Toolbox Beatdown | Marath Beast Tribal | Marath Token Combos | Horde of Notions Elemental Tribal | Zirilian Mono Red Dragon Tribal

Yes... I have 14 built decks used regularly, including 3 Boros Colored Decks. Don't judge me. =P

I would start playing Telemin Performance against this.

3DH4LIF3

I like this deck and all. But I think that's probably why it wants some sort of blue in it.
I like this deck and all. But I think that's probably why it wants some sort of blue in it.

Why does it need blue? Becuase no one can try to make an original casual deck? me sad....

And one more thing, how do I add blue to a Commander deck when the colors of the commander are Red and White? Please let me know, thanks!

Added:

Radiate replaced Artifact Blast

I love it.  I have a card that should be in there.  Goblin Bombardment!  Just another way to sac the guys you steal.  Stay original.

I've never made a creatureless deck, so I may be in the wrong, but I don't really like Conquer. I like Final Judgment. Honestly, maybe Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded. His -6 let's you take all creatures. Wouldn't be a terrible idea.

JugulatorX wrote:

I've never made a creatureless deck, so I may be in the wrong, but I don't really like Conquer. I like Final Judgment. Honestly, maybe Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded. His -6 let's you take all creatures. Wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Conquer is in there to go along with the steal opponents stuff theme of the deck. Rather than destroy an annoying land my opponent controls, just take it away and use in on them instead! If i had a Final Judgment/Terminus I would probably have them in the deck. : ) And I really didnt want to have planeswalkers in the deck, but yeah his ultimate would be nice.

Definitelt try to get a Tibalt. Planeswalkers wouldn't hurt. But it's your preference. Final Judgment is cheap. if your LGS has one then you should pick it up. Maybe even a Razia's Purification.

Sunforger.  By my count, you have 21 cards it can find.  Plus it can find 1 artifact or 1 enchantment by casting Enlightened Tutor, unless of course you used Enlightened Tutor to find it first.

Sign In to post comments