Gencon Drow Adventure: West Wall

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
At Gencon I played the Drow adventure West Wall for 4E and it was one of the funnest role-playing experiences I've had.  I can't seem to find it for purchase, however, and am wondering if it's out there or if it was a Gencon only adventure.
I don't remember if that particular adventure was LFR or not.  But it doesn't hurt to look.

www.livingforgottenrealms.com/#gencon201...

That link should show you all the adventures LFR did at Gencon last year.  Good luck. 
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here

West Wall was a district at Gen Con 2012 where a special Convention-only adventure was run. The name of the adventure itself was The Dawn of Night. It is unfortunatly not available for sales.

West Wall 
4th Edition Adventure (Room 134)
The West Wall district is home to many of the old, established families of Menzoberranzan, including noble houses and wealthy families alike. This location features an exclusive adventure, in which attendees play drow characters as they lead the assault on a Temple of Lathander in Dagger Falls. For attendees who played The Sun Never Rises earlier in 2012, this adventure presents a different spin on that adventure's events.

D&D Special: The Dawn of Night (2 Hours)
Lead the assault on the Temple of Lathander in Dagger Falls as you play drow looking to further Lolth’s aims to dominate the surface world and strike a blow for darkness! Characters are provided.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Thank you both.  That really sucks that it's unavailable for sales, it's a great exercise in role playing, or at least it was for me.
I'm sure eventually it will make its way onto evilbay
Or in a Dungeon Magazine, who knows. 

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

I'm sure eventually it will make its way onto evilbay

There was no official hard-copy print run (i.e. it was disseminated via PDF).

then a deep enough search will likely yield a copy to download eventually.
I too played West wall and thought it was great. I also hope we get access to the adventure through some legitimate means. Although it may only be a small consolation, if you're looking for the 6 pre-gens from West Wall they were the same ones used for D&D Encounters Season 10: Council of Spiders which are available in the Dungeon's Master Pre-generated Character Library.

Visit Dungeon's Master.com – The D&D Resource Blog For DMs and Players.
http://dungeonsmaster.com
Follow me on Twitter @ameron_dm

I too played West wall and thought it was great. I also hope we get access to the adventure through some legitimate means. Although it may only be a small consolation, if you're looking for the 6 pre-gens from West Wall they were the same ones used for D&D Encounters Season 10: Council of Spiders which are available in the Dungeon's Master Pre-generated Character Library.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, do not ever use any of those pregens.  They are terrible.  Like yourself more than that.

Edit: To be clear, use whatever fluff or flavor you want.  But build better characters than that.  Every one of those characters is noticably and obviously sub-par (especially after first level). 
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
But build better characters than that.  Every one of those characters is noticeably and obviously sub-par (especially after first level). 

That may be true, but it isn't necessary for this adventure. I ran this event twice and played it once, and I never felt like the PCs were lacking for what the adventure provided.

If I have any criticism, it is that some of the characters could be a bit simpler and the organization of the information even simpler. These pregens are meant to be for new or casual players and I've seen new and casual players have problems with them. Of course, established players then have the opposite feeling - they want more options and cool more complex synergies.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with these pregens. They did very well in the adventure and I had thrilling combats and very fun intra-party shenanigans each time the event ran. This likely was one of the most successful WotC convention specials ever. Personally, it is my second-favorite after Siege of Gardmore Abbey, but this one ran for far more people. From WotC's perspective, it was probably the most successful.

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).