G/W Angels and Humans

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
The main idea of this deck is using the green colour for ramping and boosting creatures with enchantments while white puts the big angels out and creates tokens for some stalling. It's still a work in progress and I need some help on making it consistent.

Lands:

9 Plains
7 Forest
2 Wooded Bastion
2  Saltcrusted Steppe
4  Selesnya Sanctuary

Creatures:

2 Baneslayer Angel
1 Avacyn, Angel of Hope
Avacyn's Pilgrim
Angelic Overseer
Sigarda, Host of Herons
Mirran Crusader
Herald of War
Thraben Doomsayer
Llanowar Elves

Other Spells:

2   Angelic Destiny
3   Idyllic Tutor
1   Asceticism
2   Worldly Tutor
2   Cultivate
2   Increasing Savagery
2   Elephant Grass
2   Ghostly Prison

Sideboard:

4   Dawntreader Elk
2   Increasing Savagery
2   Silver-Inlaid Dagger
1   Aura Shards
4   Oblivion Ring
2   Privileged Position
thraben doomsayer isnt very good, out.

id cut your tutors, you dont want them to slow you down and have no enchantments you need in play.

auras and the like are risky - but powerful so can stay...

id cut avacyn and 2-4 lands and get more threats - or alternatively mass boost like collective blessing
I'd recommend having Oblivion Ring main, or some sort of removal. Tax effects (Grass & Prison) are fantastic, but they don't help strategies that rely on creatures to win. Without removal, your opponent can just amass creatures on his or her side, which can create problems when you're trying to swing in with creatures for the win.
Deck Critique VCL
Show
Rules Advisor Don't assume I have read any response you might have made directed toward me in a thread or post. The best method to contact me is Private Message as I will always check there upon logging on Please review the Code of Conduct or the Comprehensive Rules when in doubt. Also, please use Google for your easy-to-answer questions. Read this for a bit on game mathematics. This is information on game psychology and the infamous term "scrub." Autocard:
[c]Gifts Ungiven[/c] -> Gifts Ungiven
royk's Tradesroyk's Deck Dump
What's a good token producer for this deck?
good token producer isnt really a thing the few there are wouldnt really fit this deck. if you want tokens id go with a premade package like increasing devotion - but why do you want tokens?
I need humans for this deck. If not tokens then human cards. What about Elite Inquisitor?
well humans is a different story entirely. inquisitor is better for weenie, but humans theres almost no end to the options. what you want is a human cmc 1-4 that is defensive or has insane offense
mother of runes
gideon's avenger
gideon's lawkeeper
silverblade paladin
hero of bladehold

4 quick options but theres a lot