Redirect and Sphinx's Revelation

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sphinx's Revelation doesn't explicitly target, so does this mean I cannot Redirect your Revelation to myself?  Or does Redirect allow Revelation to recognize me as the "You" in the card's text, as if I was the caster?
To whom it may concern: it's getting really old, being unable to see the top half of anything autocarded in the first post of each thread. Fixplz,kthx.
The Revelation does not target, it can not be redirected.
MTG Rules Advisor
note: it is legal to cast Redirect at it, but it just won't do anything.
114.9. Spells and abilities can affect objects and players they don’t target. In general, those objects and players aren’t chosen until the spell or ability resolves. See rule 608, “Resolving Spells and Abilities.”

114.9a Just because an object or player is being affected by a spell or ability doesn’t make that object or player a target of that spell or ability. Unless that object or player is identified by the word “target” in the text of that spell or ability, or the rule for that keyword ability, it’s not a target.

114.9b In particular, the word “you” in an object’s text doesn’t indicate a target.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

While not explicitly pertaining to the question at hand, actually taking control of the spell would make you the "you" it refers to (ie. Commandeer).
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O
This is exactly what I'd expected. I hate being right sometimes. Thanks for confirmation, guys.
To whom it may concern: it's getting really old, being unable to see the top half of anything autocarded in the first post of each thread. Fixplz,kthx.
Sign In to post comments