New Block

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
So if I have time, hopefully I will make something out of this block. So this is it.

There's a plane, let's call it Somolor, that started off rather normally. Until very powerful mages started battling for power.

The weak were being culled, the strong had to become stronger to live through the day. In the end, six champions remained, on a whole other level than the others: the paladin Kelalen, the philosopher Corenys, the researcher Fenelthyn, the archmage Taitho, the mind mage Jorar, and an unnamed sixth that little is known about.

To maintain peace, each of the first five divided the land into five roughly equal parts: Uskic for Kelanen, Woroc for Corenys, Panun for Fenelthyn, Aleen for Taitho and Rin for Jorar. Any patch of land that belongs to nobody, and sometimes even uncontested land, is employed by the last champion and his subjects: chaotic, untameable beings with incomprehensible thought processes.

Color pie division is as follows:

Uskic -  
Woroc -  
Panun -  
Aleen -  
Rin -  
Wild - O (orange. Yes, new type of mana)

Set names:

1. A Settled Present (ASP)
2. Hopes of Communion (HOC) 
3. Further Divide (FDV)

All sets will have exactly 150 cards, because I'm lazy like that.

And I guess I'll be finishing the first one next week.

So, thoughts so far? I know it's not much, but I'll be working on this. 
I see u have drawn some inspiration from my 7th color card contest!
So I remembered u submitted Cyan... Is cyan a variation of orange?

Well anyways I like your idea of having enemy colors champions. I hope u can complete this set!
Cheers!

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

Sorry I mean wedge champions. :p

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

Sort of, thanks .

No, orange is not like cyan. It is a completely unique concept. If you want I can spoil the orange mechanic to you by pm.
No thanx so will those champions be cards in the set?

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

The first five in the first set, the sixth in the second set, and alternate variants of everyone in the third. I'm probably making them Race+avatar.
Well this is going to be an interesting set!

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

So, when did you start? Have you been working on this for a while?

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.

So, when did you start? Have you been working on this for a while?

On the flavor, yes. On the cards, a bit.

When I said "first one" I meant first set, not the block. Structure and mechanics are already up in the thread, go look. 
What's the basic land to represent orange mana?

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

What's the basic land to represent orange mana?

No such thing. Almost all lands that give orange mana also give mana of another color, and most reward you for using said orange mana as intended (as intended = not for paying colorless costs).

Here's an example that will actually not appear in the set:

Uncontested Mountain 
Land

Uncontested Mountain enters the battlefield tapped.

: Add to your mana pool.
: Add {O} to your mana pool. If this mana is used to summon a Wild creature, Uncontested Mountain deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
Interesting adaptation, but a new color is still a bad idea under the conditions of lacking a basic land.

A color must be represented not only by a mana symbol, but a basic land for that is the origins of all magical essence, the land.  

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Look...here's the idea.

Orange mana is used to do something that does not directly help you. It summons a creature that you don't control. How would it make any sense to make a land that gives only orange mana and does absolutely nothing else? It would be unplayably weak.

Also, as Snow mana is obtained from land that is covered in snow, orange mana is mana that is obtained from lands uncontested by the five named champions and thus doesn't bear their energetic signature.
Sign In to post comments