Remote Insect

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
edit: updated

Remote Insect

Artifact Creature - Insect Construct
Flying
: Redirect the next 2 damage from target player to ~. (From being dealt to target player.)
: ~ is 0/3 from the start of the next turn. (Permanently.)
0/1

Removed:
, Sacrifise ~: Draw a card. Use this ability at sorcery speed.
Bump as I've changed the card a bit.
1) hate that it's a "droid" and not a "construct"
2) being a 0/2 "next turn" is confusing and doesn't follow normal designs; plus memory issues
3) "deal 1 damage to ~" doesn't work; players don't deal damage; what's the source?  mean "redirect"?
4) just the final "sac: draw a card" on a flying creature is a solid design
5) the white and green abilities are both very weak and largely useless
The creature type was easy to change.

is the main ability of the card.

It can be used for combat damage, but if applicable in a given game it is prob more useful for direct damage such as burn. Instead of taking all the damage, you can pay and prevent damage, you can repeat this for as much mana as you have but each time you do so you also hurt the Remote Insect, it's as if it blocked the shock for example.

I've made the and abilites more powerful.

For I tried giving +0/+1 or a +1/+1 counter until end of turn, but it was confusing as to how much toughness the creature had left.

For example, if it starts the turn as a 0/1, then gets +0/+1 until end of turn before being delt 1 damage that turn, is it dead?

Maybe it's a little too solid, I've made the ability less powerful.
Drone is a type.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Drone is a type.

but droid isn't
Yeah. I know. I was just saying Drone might be closer to Droid than Construct - not only in having high identical composition of letters, but conceptually as well.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Drone is a type.

but droid isn't

Plus, "android" is kinda sexist. And some sapient machines don't look human at all, for that matter.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Clearly I meant Drone, but Construct could be better.

Back on topic, what do we think?
doesn't need the card draw sacrifice. It's must useful ability as a 0/3 blocker is in green because if I'm playing 3 colors, most of my early drops are in green. As a 2 point absorb for a player, it's pretty powerful.
Done. I've slightly reduced the power of the ability as well but made it permanent.
that kills it when it absorbed 2
no longer useful

fog
It could absorb 2 without dying once bumped up. I've increased it to 3 again though as you feel it needs it, I suppose it's justified given the mana cost once the abilities have been activated.