Cover and concealment stackable?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
So if I have cover Concealment from a Shadow band ring, and then I use a power like hunker down which grants cover. Do those stack since they are different bonus types?

Also question #2

Do - to-hit "bonuses" that you curse creatures with stack? For instance if I hit someone with a rattling attack and also have a feat that gives them my con mod negative to hit while under a certain effect. Would it stack to a -10 to hit instead of just 8 (con mod)?
1: Yes, cover stacks with concealment.

2: Cannot tell without knowing the specific game elements concerned, but probably.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
I just looked the stuff up. It is Dizzying mace that gives me con mod neg atatck to dazed enemies. + a rogue util that turns all my attacks to rattling til end of encounter.
I just looked the stuff up. It is Dizzying mace that gives me con mod neg atatck to dazed enemies. + a rogue util that turns all my attacks to rattling til end of encounter.

make sure you are also trained in intimidate or its going to be less interesting than you expect.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Yup, I am

Penalties stack unless they're from the same named game element.  Stacking attack penalties can get pretty obscene - and highly effective.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
I once had archers on high terrain with superior cover and it was pitch black where they were....the warforged decide to crit with an attack destroying the wall and collapsing the wall into the archer (they were minions)...he critted all the time against the archers behind the pitch black archer hole and end up killing them all by himself...even with the -10.

It was fun...