Economy cards

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Orzhov inspired me, so here goes.

Debt
Sorcery

Debt is red.
Debt deals 5+X damage to target player. He or she may choose to exile Debt with X suspend counters on it, where X is 5 or lower. If he does, you get emblem with "cards named Debt lose Suspend".
Suspend - 0

Capital Gains
Enchantment

When Capital Gains enters the battlefield, put x exchange counters one it.
Remove an exchange counter on Capital Gains - Add to your mana pool. Whenever a spell of nonzero cost is cast using only mana from Capital Gains, put one exchange counter on Capital Gains.

Rebate
Enchantment

At the end of your turn, untap one land for each spell you cast this turn. If you do, you may not spend mana until the next upkeep.

Globalization
Enchantment

Globalization is all colors. All lands tap for all colors. Any player may destroy Globalization during their upkeep. If they do, they cannot deal damage or cast spells that turn.

Defaulting 
Enchantment

Having 0 life does not cause you to lose the game.
Any opponent may pay 10 life to destroy this enchantment.

Shareholding
Enchantment

Shrowd
Join Forces - Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of mana. Then, each player gets X counters, where X is the amount of mana paid by him. During each upkeep, the active player may either add a counter or remove two counters to take control of a permanent controlled by the player that controls the most permanents until end of turn. Untap it. It has haste until end of turn. Any player may remove all his counters, provided he has at least 5. If he does, Shareholding treats him as if he didn't exist.

Monetary Exchange
Artifact

, : Add X mana of one color to your mana pool. Any player may use this ability. All mana paid to activate this ability must be of a single color.
: Untap Monetary Exchange.
And here I was thinking the cards would be cheap.
Apart from any player being able to destroy it, I love the flavor of Globalisation.
Apart from any player being able to destroy it, I love the flavor of Globalisation.

The Flavor of the card is that the general consensus of the UN is that the biggest flaw of a globalized economy is that it only takes a few bad players (rogue countries) to break everything, at least on the short term.

The Flavor of the card is that the general consensus of the UN is that the biggest flaw of a globalized economy is that it only takes a few bad players (rogue countries) to break everything, at least on the short term.

It doesn't even have to be intentional. A Greece will harm trade in the short term.

Hilariously, nobody's quite figured out what to make of the internet yet. So of course, they think it's evil.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
It's kinda hard to reign in on something that basically PROMOTES a type of crime (in the case of the internet, copyright laws). You can't force a country to make laws - well, there are some corner cases with countries that do not react to genocide or cause it, but generally this holds - and thus you will have to live with the fact that Intellectual Property is not really a think everywhere.

Added Defaulting, Shareholding and Monetary Exchange. 
This is cool. I hope I get to do a Car The Names on economy.
A few things:

• Debt should specify what X is, even if it just says that you choose a value of your choice. Never mind, it's confusing that X isn't defined until halfway through the card's text but it works.

• Unless there's a flavourful reason for it requiring half of the starting life total, Default should probably only cost around 5 life to destroy. As is it's really brutal against decks lacking enchantment destruction. Have two out at once and you're pretty much invincible

• These cards are pretty sweet.

My game philosophy is that although not every deck should be able to handle every card type, every deck post sideboard should.

Which is to say that if someone lost because his opponent imprinted an "You cannot lose the game" effect onto Isochron scepter and aforementioned player lacked artifact destruction in BOTH sideboard and main, then I won't weep for him.

And thanks. I would love to participate in a CtN: Econ.