Reanimator

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've been a little out of touch and was looking for some beafy guys to to pull from my grave to play. Color doesn't realy matter, but the deck is blue/black. For the most part I've retained hard playability.
Any particular format?

Iona, Shield of Emeria is usually the go-to choice.

A turn 2 Inkwell Leviathan is pretty hard to deal with. There's also the praetors.

In standard, Avacyn, Angel of Hope works well.
Griselbrand also sees much play in reanimator, plus he's standard too.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Flayer of the Hatebound lets you gain life when a reanimated creature comes back, so long as it's directly from the graveyard to the battlefield.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
You can tell how old the deck is beckause it's full of Avatar of Woes Scion of Darkness. Jin and the Grisled dude are nice, I was thinking of It That Betrays too.
Here are some good reanimator targets, albeit most are not standard.

Terastodon
Pathrazer of Ulamog
Blazing Archon
Admonition Angel
Bladewing the Risen if you have other nasty dragons
Massacre Wurm is helpful if you're behind
Moldgraf Monstrosity
Platinum Angel
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Krond the Dawn-Clad is good if you're using Animate Dead or something similar