Help Adapt my Izzet Deck to Standard?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've got this Casual Izzet deck that just kills, and I'd like to take it Standard legal, or at least build another, Standard version of it. Help me out here?

LANDS: 22
9x Island
9x Mountain
3x Steam Vents
1x Izzet Guildgate (Will be swapping for another Vent when I get one)

CREATURES:20

1 each:
Hypersonic Dragon
Charmbreaker Devils
Tibor and Lumia
Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius

2x Izzet Staticaster
2x Guttersnipe
2x Blistercoil Weird
2x Nivmagus Elemental (Will go to 4x when I can; the weirds are placeholders)
4x Goblin Electromancer
4x Nivix Guildmage

PLANESWALKERS: 1
1x Jace, Architect of Thought

INSTANTS: 14
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Counterspell
4x Izzet Charm
2x Brainstorm

SORCERIES: 5

2x Epic Experiment
2x Teleportal
1x Fireball

TOTAL: 62 cards

Thanks in advance for any suggestions~! Like I said, I know this version's not anything close to Standard, I'm just looking for suggestions on what would be best for a Standard version of this thing. The whole idea is kind of: I play an instant, and then all this stuff happens~! Now you can respond to it.

SO, yeah...thanks again~!
I don't know why you say it's not very close to standard. I see five cards that need to be changed:

Tibor and Lumia: I'd add another Guttersnipe. Some people play with Chandra, the Firebrand.
Lightning Bolt: Replace with Pillar of Flame or Searing Spear
Counterspell: Replace with Dissipate or Syncopate
Brainstorm: Replace with Desperate Ravings
Fireball: Replace with Mizzium Mortars or Bonfire of the Damned or Thunderous Wrath or Devil's Play

I don't know why you say it's not very close to standard. I see five cards that need to be changed:

Tibor and Lumia: I'd add another Guttersnipe. Some people play with Chandra, the Firebrand.
Lightning Bolt: Replace with Pillar of Flame or Searing Spear
Counterspell: Replace with Dissipate or Syncopate
Brainstorm: Replace with Desperate Ravings
Fireball: Replace with Mizzium Mortars or Bonfire of the Damned or Thunderous Wrath or Devil's Play

Alrighty, I guess I thought a few other things were out of type. Hm.

Thanks for the pointers, man~! Out of curiosity, what do you think of the base build I have here?