Colorblind

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
So this is a keyword I submitted for a contest here. Sadly I missed the deadline for the second part of the contest. Anyways here it is for your viewing pleasure. :D

Colorblind - {color or colors} (At the begining of your upkeep, choose whether this permanent is its colors or the listed colors until your next turn).

Its one of those color matters kinda abilities that would be in a set full of color based affects. Most colorblind permanents will have various abilities based on its colors. Examples being:

Tedious Bureaucrat 
Creature - Human Adviser
Colorblind - blue black (At the begining of your upkeep, choose whether this permanent is its colors or the listed colors until your next turn).
,: Tap target creature unless its controller pays . If that player does, you gain x life if ~ is white, or that player loses x if ~ is black.
Sometimes red tape is just a fact of life. Sometimes its something more sinister.
1/2

Aetherbind Mage
Creature - Human Wizard
Colorblind - colorless (At the begining of your upkeep, choose whether this permanent is its colors or the listed colors until your next turn).
,: Exile target non-land permanent to its owners hand. Return that permanent to the battlefield from exile under its owners control at the end of your next turn. Activate this ability only as a sorcery and only if ~ is blue.
You may cast permanents exiles by ~ if it is colorless.
2/2

Guardian of the Church
Creature - Human Soldier
Colorblind - black (At the begining of your upkeep, choose whether this permanent is its colors or the listed colors until your next turn).
As long as ~ is white it gets +1/+2 and vigilance.
As long as ~ is black it gets +2/+1 and death touch.
1/1
my only gripe is you don't explain how the color is chosen
is it random?
do you get to choose?
do you have to alternate?

just saying "this permanent is" doesn't explain enough
Colorblind seems to imply how the card will view other cards, rather than how the card is viewed. For example, it treating all other cards as colorless or making all other cards colorless or changing the colors of other cards. Sorry to nitpick and all, but the name of the mechanic doesn't match well the intention of the mechanic, at least not to me.

As for how the mechanic works itself, I agree with Koridian. Doesn't clearly explain what determines which color(s) are the ones used that turn.
#pony chat
58325628 wrote:
I, Niklor, in the event of a situation where I am placed at L-1, in other words 1 vote away from being lynched, will bring the hammer vote down upon myself unless it is a known Lylo situation by either announcement or general consensus. Note, if the general consensus is that it's Lylo on days when it clearly isn't, I will ignore them. Please respect the self-hammer by not hammering Niklor in non-Lylo scenarios.
You choose. I'll edit the original post to clarify.
At the begining of your upkeep, choose whether this permanent is its colors or the listed colors until your next turn.

The world these is based out of is controlled by a powerful religous oligarchy. The faction based against them are a coalition of wild tribes led by powerful dragon shamans and elder druids. The civilized church is based in white while the tribes are green/red. However the church is actually led by a powerful demon lord who has corrupted the teachings. Colorblind represents the deception that occurs with that. Color blind is only in white, black, and blue. Black cards will have support for cards with colorblind. Blue are the wizards guild, which are primarily neutral. 
Sign In to post comments