Protection---Attacking/Blocking

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I have a protection from white creature am I able to block a white creature with it??
Your Black Knight can block white creatures without problem (assuming they don't have evasion like flying), but it cannot be blocked by white creatures.
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O
Yes.

Protection guards against four things: Damage, enchantment/equip, blocking, and targetting.  Your Black Knight can block a white creature (and take no damage), but a white creature cannot block your Black Knight.

Rules Advisor

Awesome thanks y'all. And one more thing. I may have read to far into your statement but if I can block with out taking any damage but they can't block. What happens to the damage I dealt with my creature since they can't block?? ...also how do you name a card and have a direct link to it like y'all did with dark knight?
Awesome thanks y'all. And one more thing. I may have read to far into your statement but if I can block with out taking any damage but they can't block. What happens to the damage I dealt with my creature since they can't block??

I'm not sure I understand the question. If you're blocking (say) a white creature with a creature that has Protection from White, the damage that attacking creature would deal to yours is prevented. If on the other hand your creature with Pro White is attacking and your opponent has only white creatures, he can't block in the first place and the question of what happens to the damage your creature would deal to them simply doesn't arise.

There is no situation where both will be blocking. (It's possible you already understand that, but it's very hard to tell from your question.)  The only things you can block are attacking creatures, and the only player whose creatures can attack is the player whose turn it is, and it's never more than one player's turn at the same time. (Except in 2HG, but that still doesn't produce any situations where two creatures can each be blocking the other.)

...also how do you name a card and have a direct link to it like y'all did with dark knight?

[c]Black Knight[/c]=Black Knight. (Do NOT copy and paste that, or you'll copy the tags I used to make it visible and it won't work. Type it out.)
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
[ c ]Black Knight[ / c ] = Black Knight (Do not use spaces in the brackets, and your autocard will work just fine.)

If you attack with a Black Knight and your opponent doesn't block--because they won't or can't, for whatever reason--then your opponent loses life.

Rules Advisor

Sign In to post comments