More prerelease questions.

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
This may be a dumb question that I've missed an answer to. Do I get my prerelease pack at the gamestorw on the day of the event? Or do they ship it to me?
Thanks for the help.
You will get your sealed product from the game store on prerelease day, at the prerelease. You will be able to use your prerelease promo card in your prerelease deck (this is something new started at RtR and being continued for Gatecrash, no idea how long this idea will last).

You will get your "guild kit", which includes your guild's prerelease promo, a guild specific booster, 5 more regular boosters, a few pieces of miscellaneous swag. You construct your deck from the boosters you are given, plus any number of basic lands. The minimum size of your deck is 40 cards, including lands. You want to keep as close to 40 as you can, the leaner the deck is the harder it fights. Go 2 color if you can, but 3 is probably going to be the norm. Don't be afraid to splash a third color for a card that will straight up win games or for a good removal card. For a 40 card deck you probably want to go 17 lands, maybe 18 if you have a lot of 5 and 6 cost cards.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Dont overlook uncommons, they often cost less to cast than your rares and will often win more games than rares. I've won more games with skymark roc and lyev skyknight than I've won with Isperia, supreme judge
I love trolls Dont hate me because I'm blunt and you cannot handle it
Total noob question here. How do you get in on a prerelease in the first place? I've never done anything like this before.
Most of the time you should be able to turn up at the store before it starts, get your packs and build your deck, but it will vary from store to store.  It would be best to check with the store you intend to go to in advance on what their policy is so you don't miss out.

With the Gatecrash Guild Packs there is even more reason to call ahead of time.  There are likely to be a limited number of each guild available and popular guilds may 'sell out' quickly in busy stores.  I think there will be registration for this particular pre release including which guild you want to play, so you should check that out for sure.

Cheers   
Total noob question here. How do you get in on a prerelease in the first place? I've never done anything like this before.

Call your local game store in advance and ask them hw many prerelease events they are doing. Some stores do more than others and based on the demand sometimes they can run out of spots. Reserving a spot in advance is usually a good idea if you really want a specific guild.
Thanks for the replies! I have an email out to one of the bigger stores around here, and it seems like they are doing several prerelease events for Gatecrash.
This may be a dumb question that I've missed an answer to. Do I get my prerelease pack at the game store on the day of the event? Or do they ship it to me? Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help! I just learned that I can't go to the prerelease Cry (scheduling conflict). Am I allowed to withdraw from the tournament and still get my guild pack? I ordered online like last week and just don't wanna make trouble for the game store. by withdrawing.
You are allowed to drop at any time.  You can show up, pay, get your product, drop, and leave.  Though probably best to tell them you drop.  If you are wanting them to hold your product because you aren't showing up at all then probably need to call them.  Also if they have a limit on how many people can participate simply due to fire code restrictions you might want discuss with them as well as you could be holding up someone else from actually getting to participate.

Though not sure if you want to do this or if you just want to look into withdrawing completely and get your money back / not pay money and save it for maybe the release weekend or for boxes or drafts?
This may be a dumb question that I've missed an answer to. Do I get my prerelease pack at the game store on the day of the event? Or do they ship it to me? Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help! I just learned that I can't go to the prerelease  (scheduling conflict). Am I allowed to withdraw from the tournament and still get my guild pack? I ordered online like last week and just don't wanna make trouble for the game store. by withdrawing.

Im confused, you preregistered at your local store online?  I doubt they will let you buy a guild pack ahead of time without going to the event.  I would think they'd want to know how many they have left after running their prerelease events.

Current decks
Comments or suggestions are always welcome

Modern
nothing at the moment

Thanks for the help! I just learned that I can't go to the prerelease  (scheduling conflict). Am I allowed to withdraw from the tournament and still get my guild pack? I ordered online like last week and just don't wanna make trouble for the game store. by withdrawing.

Im confused, you preregistered at your local store online?  I doubt they will let you buy a guild pack ahead of time without going to the event.  I would think they'd want to know how many they have left after running their prerelease events.

Also I believe they can't sell anything just do "events" with them for pre-release.  The other thing is that I believe stores use these for release events too.  Well, there own release events since I don't think wizzards sponsers release events anymore. 

I am assuming that he did some pre-registration for pre-release online.
This may be a dumb question that I've missed an answer to. Do I get my prerelease pack at the gamestorw on the day of the event? Or do they ship it to me? Thanks for the help.

You get it. It's basically a bunch of cards that you play with there. For limited. Yeah.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt