Deathtouch

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
What happens when a small creature with deathtouch and first strike blocks a bigger creature without first strike.
The bigger creature dies.

It doesn't matter how big a deathtouch creature is. 1 damage from deathtouch will kill any creature. 

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

Like Glissa, the Traitor versus Krosan Cloudscraper?

Glissa wins without any damage taken.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Big creature dead.

First strike damage will happen before regular damage, so the little guy will deal deathtouch damage first.  The other creature will die before it gets a chance to deal any damage to the smaller creature, so the smaller creature will live.

Rules Advisor