[GTC-ICD] Alms Beast

88 posts / 0 new
Last post

Alms Beast (rare) -
Creature - Beast
Creatures blocking or blocked by Alms Beast have lifelink.

Alms-coins are only redeemable at Orzhov businesses.
6/6 
lol a Orzhov desecration demon
wow this sucks, even with rogue's passage or perhaps im missing something? oh it costs 4 mana I thought it costs 6 mana there for a second lol, still not that good... maybe its ok... wow in esper I could see this being a really good creature with artful dodge, keeps them at bay because your simply gaining more life then they can handle lol, should be uncommon or something like that.

might be a good wall in a controlish enchantment kind of deck, just prolong the game until you can get sphere of safety up and running then wail on them with this guy until they can't deal with it anymore I guess, combos with that new card they released earlier skull crack.
Why doesn't this have trample? Seriously? Color pie issues? Dies to Lingering Souls in this state. So bad. Probably bad in limited as well.

Would be a cute uncommon.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
This is a rare...? Oh geez D:
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
Why doesn't this have trample? Seriously?

Because in design it was not thought of as a huge beasty.
You want a flavor reason? It's too slow and domesticated.

I have to be missing something here.

Seriously.  This is just bad.  Even in limited.  God forbid there is something with cheap Regenerate on your opponents side.  Even if you kill something off every turn, the life swing is probably enough to put you in the ditch.  God forbid that Gruul has some bloodrusher up the sleeve. 

If it had trample, I could get on board.  Desecration Demon had flying at the least, and didn't give your opponent life for the sacced creatures.  This on the other hand is just not good.
So... It has a better rate than Deadbridge Goliath and a small downside that will probably get flipped by another card in the same set. And in a set which is full of mechanics that actively both encourage and discourage blocking. Sounds like a fine limited bomb that creates a funny subgame. Nifty. I think this serves precursor to an Orzhov card that reverses lifegain.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
it could be a good card to slow the enemy down perhaps, put this down turn 4 block with is gain 6 life then sac it to some sort of effect like disciple of bolas or something, I really trying to think of a combination in which this works...

if your going against a rush deck and block with this your up 6 points, then on turn 5 swing, and in the second main phase sac it to be up by 18 points, seems pretty good to me... hehe this is my new favorite card, I love janky stuff like this that makes no since.
obviously terrible in races, but other than that i'm curious as to how good this actually is.
Block as much as you want. Oh, wait, you thought this was supposed to be for Standard? You poor, demented honkies.
"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)
Block as much as you want. Oh, wait, you thought this was supposed to be for Standard? You poor, demented honkies.

that would probably hurt you more than help you because you lose life as well lol
it could be a good card to slow the enemy down perhaps, put this down turn 4 block with is gain 6 life then sac it to some sort of effect like disciple of bolas or something, I really trying to think of a combination in which this works...

if your going against a rush deck and block with this your up 6 points, then on turn 5 swing, and in the second main phase sac it to be up by 18 points, seems pretty good to me... hehe this is my new favorite card, I love janky stuff like this that makes no since.

You realize that it doesnt get lifelink right? You would only be gaining the opponent life.

that would probably hurt you more than help you because you lose life as well lol

The Alms-Beast doesn't have lifelink.

There's gotta be something missing here.  Some sort of combo that makes this make sense without having to dip into modern.
what? really this card sucks now, I read it wrong I thought it said whenever it blocks or gets blocked both creatures get lifelink... this should have been common or perhaps uncommon at best.
If they print a card at common that gives first strike, this could be insane in limited. I wonder if that would be too good, though...
There's gotta be something missing here.  Some sort of combo that makes this make sense without having to dip into modern.

Silverblade Paladin in color. Skullcrack for out of color.
(Skullcrack has it's own thread.) 

6/6 for 4 is way ahead of the curve. It has to have a terrible draw back for that kind of size. 
splash in blue for some unblockability stuff...but even then he's still not that good

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
Reminds me of Mammoth Harness.
Consider Limited. This is a 6/6 for 4: it's not going to trade, it's going to decimate. If you always swing with this, your opponent will be forced to throw his only little beaters (if he has any left after you "remove" them) against it, and for the small trade of them gaining life. In many ways, this creature is swordsing your opponent's creatures, and that's considering that they even have that high of power in their creatures to begin with. Walls? Dead, and no life at all! I am going to bet a pretty penny that this card was considered strongly in the need to break stalemates and walls.
"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)
this is basically a Canadian beast...

"Oh, I killed you... sorry, here have some life." 
I suppose the tactic is to remove their creatures? Either that or this is just an annoying stall card haha.
what? really this card sucks now, I read it wrong I thought it said whenever it blocks or gets blocked both creatures get lifelink... this should have been common or perhaps uncommon at best.

It is rare because it is wierd and confusing. Just because it is rare does not mean it must be good.
This card is so incredibly silly that I love it.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
This card, being a 6/6, busts alot of stuff in standard currently, it will be run somewhere (I mean despite that they gain 10 life off of Thragtusk this way it still answers him eventually).

Also Turn 4 this, Turn 5 Ghost Council.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Havoc Festival!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner, Johnny, tell him what he's won..........

Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Yah, if you can curve into Obzedat, then you're gonna win, frankly. But if this is your sweet, on-curve finisher, you're giving your opponent far too much to work with. Soulbone him with Silverblade and he's dandy. Might be decent alongside Odric, as well.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Generally not a worthwhile card I think, maaaaaaaaaaybe if some creatureless decks become very popular you could side a couple of these in? Nah, probbaly not worth the sb slots even then...

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
This card isn't good, but it is funny and interesting.

I like it, but won't use it. 
Plays great with Pyreheart Wolf!
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
I wish this was pushed more.

I don't even know if I'd play a vanilla 6/6 for 4. 
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Great cool card... I mean some of these cards are big on flavour and fun.

I unshamefully enjoy how Spike mentality players are lost in a rock-paper-scissor meta, along side with funky-goofy spoilers they wouldn't pick up even at a second sight (because such cards raise eyebrows and then... "yeah, they are really ****") :P

This card as it stands it's a freaking wall if you're playing combo or Mill. Enables Triumph of Ferocity or Triumph of Cruelty, and great sac for Disciple of Bolas, a T5 Fungal Sprouting fun. so many things it can be used for

I forsee such stall decks with WGB. Wincons I still dont' know. But...
Trostatani, this, Orzov council, Tusk, the Thrull, Unburial Rites, Angel of Serenity. I don't know how long those games are going to take...
Havoc Festival!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner, Johnny, tell him what he's won..........

Not. Orzhov wants their life drain. Havoc Festival shuts off both players lifegain.
Havoc Festival!

Not. Orzhov wants their life drain. Havoc Festival shuts off both players lifegain.

Doesn't need to be Orzhov. Could just be an aggressive Rakdos deck splashing white. I dunno.
tears will roll when players crack this baby in they're booster.

<----- Loser.

Put Murder Investigation on him, and start swinging?
Sign In to post comments