Fling + Phyrexian Dreadnought + Fork

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I wanted to clarify how Fork would work with the following spells;

If I cast Fling, sacrificing Phyrexian Dreadnought or Goblin Grenade (sacrificing any Goblin) and I then cast Fork/Reverberate on the Fling or Goblin Grenade does the second instance of the spell do any damage as no creature was sacrificed or do I need to sacrifice a second creature.

Thanks. 
The copy will make the same amount of damage as the original:
706.10. (...) A copy of a spell or ability copies both the characteristics of the spell or ability and all decisions made for it, including modes, targets, the value of X, and additional or alternative costs. (...) If an effect of the copy refers to objects used to pay its costs, it uses the objects used to pay the costs of the original spell or ability...

You need not -in fact, cannot- sacrifice anything more.

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one thousand, people might notice;

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one million, I might get away with it;

If I wish to steal even more and still go unnoticed, I need to make the loot bigger.

Now you know why taxes always go up.

Looting: ''the plundering of public assets by corrupt or greedy authorities'' (Wikipedia)

A copied spell spell has all of the characteristics of the original. Including converted mana cost (CMC) and variables. So a copied Fling will also copy the damage the original would deal, the same as it would for a copied Fireball or Disintegrate.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

you don't need to sacrifice anything else. cards like reverberate target spells on the stack, which means that their costs have already been payed. so you get a copy of the fling/goblin grenade that will deal as much damage as the original. same with a fireball- you wouldn't have to pay another X because it was already payed for the original spell, the X on the copied spell is the same as the X on the original

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.