Deathtouch vs. protection from abilities

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I have a creature enchanted with a card that states my creature cannot be the target of spells or abilities and I block a deathtouch creature with it, will my creature die?  I originally thought no since the rules book states that deathtouch is a static 'ability' and my enchantment states my creature cannot be the target of 'abilities'.  However, I am now being told that is wrong.  Just need clarification from more than one source so we know going forward.  Thanks.
If I have a creature enchanted with a card that states my creature cannot be the target of spells or abilities and I block a deathtouch creature with it, will my creature die?  I originally thought no since the rules book states that deathtouch is a static 'ability' and my enchantment states my creature cannot be the target of 'abilities'.  However, I am now being told that is wrong.  Just need clarification from more than one source so we know going forward.  Thanks.

Deathtouch doesn't target so a creature that can't be targeted will still die if it is dealt damage by a source with Deathtouch.

If the creature has protection (per your thread title), then the damage will be prevevented and deathtouch won't apply.

Sweet, thanks for the quick clarification.
Protection from abilities will not help.

Protection from Green will help. (assuming the deathtouch creature is green)
Protection from abilities will not help.

There's no such thing. "Protection from abilities" is meaningless; it wouldn't actually do anything at all.
I didn't think it did... but he mentioned it in the OP so I wasn't sure.