49 posts / 0 new
Last post
Elusive Krasis 
Creature - Fish Mutant
Unblockable
Evolve
0/4

Source: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=475649
0/4 with Unblockable and Evolve?  Sign me up.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Very good in Limited.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012

Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

dimir splashes green for this?

big rear end

It's a fish
funny that this is a late game card =3
Mutants have the best arts.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I think Evolve has just made Voidweilder even more powerful. Too bad Cyclonic Rift only works on creatures your opponent controls.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I think Evolve has just made Voidwielder even more powerful. Too bad Cyclonic Rift only works on creatures your opponent controls.

Agreed.  Cyclonic Rift's biggest downside is its inability to save your own creatures.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Erm, I just noticed I messed up on the mana symbols. Would some kind fellow tell me how those symbols work?
I like this. Not really likely to make it to constructed though. 

I like the 4 toughness to help him survive the first turn, and turn evolve on other creatures.  
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Erm, I just noticed I messed up on the mana symbols. Would some kind fellow tell me how those symbols work?

[ mc ]1gu[ /mc ] Remove the spaces, and you get:

[ mc ]1gu[ /mc ] Remove the spaces, and you get:

Thanks Manite.

I like the card. The fact that it is a 0 power unblockable (atleast on it's own) seems very experiment like.  
I think Evolve has just made Voidwielder even more powerful. Too bad Cyclonic Rift only works on creatures your opponent controls.

Agreed.  Cyclonic Rift's biggest downside is its inability to save your own creatures.

Of course, with overload it would have been silly.

This Elusive Mutant is solid- and will be even stronger in the format. 3 drop; he's got 4T, so he evolves everything else when he hits the board. Then you can put down a 1/1 weenie and evolve him. And dollars to donuts Simic will have ways to move +1/+1 tokens from creature to creature.

I think a three color BUG deck in the Ravnica format will be powerful. Remember when people were thinking Corpsejack Menace wasn't worth it? Now it'll evolve this guy, at hyperspeed. Plus you'll have access to the Dimir Cipher cards. My inner Timmy is starting to giggle- this guy in play, drop a corpsejack. He's now an unblockable 2/6. Scavange a Slitherhead, he's a 4/8. And if you just happen to make him hexproof long enough to thwart removal, you're set.

Of course, that's a dream hand. But still...
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Ahhhh, I love the design we have here. Its a nice mana cost, with 0/4 he is a GREAT to evolve not only himself but others.
And I love unblockable creatures.
I play for fun
fun with Cipher  cards there might be a BUG deck with
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
This is a premiere uncommon for limited.  Plays really good defense for a few turns before turning sideways and winning the game.  Is basically never going to be killed with Burn.
this looks very good, and so nicely designed.
Fish mutant? Awesome!
Will see a lot of play in limited, good card!

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Being part fish I'm surprised the "elusive" part isn't "slippery".

Good card. Will win games.
More Simic goodness.  Part wall, part beast, all mutant.  I imagine there's plenty of room in a BUG deck for this guy.
As fun as this looks in limited, all the 0 and 1 power Evolve creatures makes me think people who pin their hopes on Evolve as a strategy in constructed will find that their hard work is always only one Supreme Verdict away from being in a very bad situation indeed. These guys are all really cool if you evolve them twice or more, but not exactly stellar until then.
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
Fish, rather than Merfolk?
Guess simic just like to experiment with any kind beings, maybe we will see some new creature types like Human Cat (maybe?)
Beware !!!! There are Zombies even in Spaces !!!

they also had a mutant bird, so it seems they're skipping the subtypes

Maybe we'll see a card that affects mutants? (Or oozes...)
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!

Maybe we'll see a card that affects mutants? (Or oozes...)

Ravnica has always been oddly allergic to tribal. Probably to show the cosmopolitan nature of a city environment.
Being part fish I'm surprised the "elusive" part isn't "slippery".

Elusive Mutant is just an approximate translation from the Japanese name. We do not know what its English name is.
Most likely going to be "Elusive / Slippery Krasis" given the flavortext of the Drakewing Krasis.
I really want to cipher Call of the Nightwing and just get in there, ya know?

The first call gives him power, then he pecks 1 damage and poops a guy and never dies to toughness based removal.
well its different, 4 toughness will at least keep it on the table most the times.

<----- Loser.

What subtype?

I'm saying from the art, it looks very humanoid and they've already confirmed that Merfolk are on the plane, so I wonder why they chose Fish Mutant when they could have chosen Merfolk Mutant.
I'm saying from the art, it looks very humanoid and they've already confirmed that Merfolk are on the plane, so I wonder why they chose Fish Mutant when they could have chosen Merfolk Mutant.

It does not look like a Merfolk to me. It looks like an eel with arms.
Looks like a really fun casual card.
well its different, 4 toughness will at least keep it on the table most the times.

I think part of the beauty of the card is that it's unlikely to 'just' have 4 toughness for long. Drop so much as a single 1/1 and it has 5 toughness, and it will just keep growing.

Yeah, the unblockable + growing strength is the main point of the card, but even if you never swing with it this card serves as an excellent defender that may actually have the strength to kill some attackers. 0/4, then 1/5, then 2/6, then 3/7. It'll take some time (doing what you were going to do anyway - play creatures), but it grows into a solid late-game defense for three mana as well as an unblockable attacker.

If there's one major flaw, it's that it won't help you against flying bombs in limited. No reach. Even so, I'm digging the Simic cards from a limited perspective, but only time will tell if Evolve will make any real mark on Standard. 
Came for the flavor, stayed for the game. (10/4/2013: Discovered that I suppose I most closely resemble a Vorthos player, right after my odd obsession with making hyper-budget but effective decks and right before being a Johnny)
I think we need a Bestial Menace reprint. It would make evolve cards like this so ridiculous.
This guy is great. Good to let Evolve and to trigger Evolve on others.
Excellent card for limited.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Most likely going to be "Elusive / Slippery Krasis" given the flavortext of the Drakewing Krasis.

Krassis [pl.] have two distinct creature types, rather than a creature type and a "modifier" type, like "Mutant." Drakewing Krassis is a Drake Lizard, for example, not a Drake Mutant, or Lizard Mutant. Thus, any "krassis" you can anticipate will have two distinct "racial" types without a modifier type. Humans who are also another type (see Experiment One) will not be "krassis" because, well, they're HUMAN; some lines apparently they won't cross: Human Merfolk, Human Elf, Human Vedalken.
"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

Coalition Victory costs

Coalition Victory costs

And I like the unblockable that gets bigger.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

It does not look like a Merfolk to me. It looks like an eel with arms.

Rootwater Thief is like that as well - an eel with arms is plenty Merfolky to me.

Thus, any "krassis" you can anticipate will have two distinct "racial" types without a modifier type. Humans who are also another type (see Experiment One) will not be "krassis" because, well, they're HUMAN; some lines apparently they won't cross: Human Merfolk, Human Elf, Human Vedalken.

Well, I guess you were wrong about that.

Sign In to post comments