Who can tell me the name of the image???

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone have a clue of what is the name of the woman below?Thx Smile
what deos this have to do with the FR???
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....

We have a party in forgotten realms and our dm asked us to find who  this woman is.He will give us +500 exp if we do Tongue Out

Just a thought, but might it be Kya Mordrayn of the Pool of Radience: Ruins of Myth Drannor game/book?

My approach to the NPCs of previous editions.

Show
I always saw the High Level NPCs as shepherds of the Realms not its defenders. Making sure that not too many sheep were lost as they milled around (as they are wont to do) and bringing on the young'uns into the job. In that way a shepherd never has time to go and hunt down all of the wolves but is pretty dashed effective at keeping them away from the sheep when they rear their heads.
"It was a puzzle why things were always dragged kicking and screaming. No one ever seemed to want to, for example, lead them gently by the hand." - Terry Pratchett
I think Iluvrien probably has it.  I'm not familiar with the art, so I'm guessing it's fan art.  The image itself, suggests a villian...they generally don't have lots of skulls on hero type images.  The dragon skull, and dragon bracelet heavily suggest cult of the dragon.  No obvious weapons or armor, suggests mage.

Kya Mordrayn was a sorceress from the cult of the dragon.  That seems to fit the image, but it's only a guess.

She's likely a half elf (pointed ears, too voluptuous to be elven, although with fan art..that means nothing), but I can't find anything on Kya's race.

Otherwise, my google-fu has been defeated.  None of the keywords I'm hitting on are returning that image, or even ones like it.  I even tried googling the name of the image you uploaded in the off-chance it gave me a return, but it's only listing your upload.  I'm not sure it's giving me the original real name though (in fact I'm pretty sure it's not), so I can't tell if that's the issue or not.
I think Iluvrien probably has it.  I'm not familiar with the art, so I'm guessing it's fan art.  The image itself, suggests a villian...they generally don't have lots of skulls on hero type images.  The dragon skull, and dragon bracelet heavily suggest cult of the dragon.  No obvious weapons or armor, suggests mage.

Kya Mordrayn was a sorceress from the cult of the dragon.  That seems to fit the image, but it's only a guess.

She's likely a half elf (pointed ears, too voluptuous to be elven, although with fan art..that means nothing), but I can't find anything on Kya's race.

Otherwise, my google-fu has been defeated.  None of the keywords I'm hitting on are returning that image, or even ones like it.  I even tried googling the name of the image you uploaded in the off-chance it gave me a return, but it's only listing your upload.  I'm not sure it's giving me the original real name though (in fact I'm pretty sure it's not), so I can't tell if that's the issue or not.

it's not kya!i asked the dm and he said no.anyway thnx for ur try :D
what about that half elf/ full elf magehound?????

whatabout that is it her? 
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
what about that half elf/ full elf magehound?????

whatabout that is it her? 

Kiva (properly known as the Wood Elf Akivaria)? From Elaine's series Counsellors and Kings?

My approach to the NPCs of previous editions.

Show
I always saw the High Level NPCs as shepherds of the Realms not its defenders. Making sure that not too many sheep were lost as they milled around (as they are wont to do) and bringing on the young'uns into the job. In that way a shepherd never has time to go and hunt down all of the wolves but is pretty dashed effective at keeping them away from the sheep when they rear their heads.
"It was a puzzle why things were always dragged kicking and screaming. No one ever seemed to want to, for example, lead them gently by the hand." - Terry Pratchett

Shes obviously a practioner of Red Magic!
If that was true my friend she would be a dragonlance wizard  as the red wizards of the FR are infact human only..... or atleast they were
Are we sure that this picture is actually from FR?  Did he find it in association with FR content or dd he find it somewhere else and is using it as a character representation?
"As shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord for Thee. Power has descended forth from Thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. And we shall flow a river forth unto Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. Et nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti"
Kya Mordrayn of the Pool of Radience: Ruins of Myth Drannor game/book?

Although it kinda looks like her, she had human ears, and a claw on her right hand.

My own guess was going to be Wee Jas, but she has human ears too. As do all of the female Red Wizards of Thay that I've heard of.

Old school red wizards shaved their heads too.
Old school red wizards shaved their heads too.

Yeah but in 4e they kinda slacked off about that, especially the ones who were living outside Thay in all those Enclaves scattered across Toril, and peraps even all of Realmspace, there was known to be a few in Abeir too! Them Thayans really got around!
Thats why I said old school!

You cant forget the ones living in the shadowfell too.  I wonder how the Netherese feel about that...lol
I'd highly doubt that this image was specifically used or intended to be a particular D&D character.  Your DM probably borrowed it from a novel or gallery for something else, and is using it to represent someone in the Realms.

That said, this says to me "lilitu" or "succubus" but it also has the undead, or ghosts, or whatever they are, surrounding her.  The red colors and "oozing with sex" clothing/stance strongly suggest a demonic or diabolic origin.  Her ears seem non-elvish but also definitely non-human.

Is your DM using this as an image to represent Arunika, the succubus in the 4E era that slums around Neverwinter?
I'd highly doubt that this image was specifically used or intended to be a particular D&D character.  Your DM probably borrowed it from a novel or gallery for something else, and is using it to represent someone in the Realms.

That said, this says to me "lilitu" or "succubus" but it also has the undead, or ghosts, or whatever they are, surrounding her.  The red colors and "oozing with sex" clothing/stance strongly suggest a demonic or diabolic origin.  Her ears seem non-elvish but also definitely non-human.

Is your DM using this as an image to represent Arunika, the succubus in the 4E era that slums around Neverwinter?

my dm said that she is from forgotten realms :P 

I'm aware you've said it's an FR character.

But please clarify:  was this image officially used to represent a Realms character?  Or is it just being used by your DM to represent one?

and she is not from a novel she is an npc from the game

and she is not from a novel she is an npc from the game

actually he told a hint something about tides of blood
...and she is not from a novel she is an npc from the game

Tides of Blood is a Dragonlance novel.
The red reminds me of Thay, so my guess would be Valindra Shadowmantle, even though she doesnt look very undead in that pic, but still, they got spells for that right? Speaking of which, really it could be just about anybody! Wasnt Ol' Elminster a fair maiden for awhile?
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
...and she is not from a novel she is an npc from the game

Tides of Blood is a Dragonlance novel.

That would change things significantly.  I actually thought maybe he meant Jenna of Palanthas from Dragonlance, but dismissed it because I am pretty sure Jenna was Human.  Looked for images of Lunitari too.  If it /is/ dragonlance, now you know she's neutral.
The red reminds me of Thay, so my guess would be Valindra Shadowmantle, even though she doesnt look very undead in that pic, but still, they got spells for that right? Speaking of which, really it could be just about anybody! Wasnt Ol' Elminster a fair maiden for awhile?

I dont think Valindra was ever /truly/ a "Red Wizard" she was originally from Luskan.  I think she started working with Thay because she was undead.
Lady Nephera.  She was a sorceress in Tides of Blood.
What about Dahlia from the new salvatore books she associated with red wizards and has the ear peircing for her dead lovers. I would have said sylora salm from said books also but she's not elven and i'm pretty sure her head was shaved.
So was Dahlia's...well mostly shaved.
Thought Valindra was originally from Mirabar, but belonged to the Hosttower in Luskan... could be wrong about that though, it's been a while since I read those books.

"Be careful to choose your enemies well.  Friends don't much matter.  But the choice of enemies is very important."  

- Oscar Wilde

Thought Valindra was originally from Mirabar, but belonged to the Hosttower in Luskan... could be wrong about that though, it's been a while since I read those books.

Could be, it's been a while for me too.
Sign In to post comments