[GTC-ICD] Biovisionary

96 posts / 0 new
Last post
 

Biovisionary (Rare) -
Creature - Human Wizard
At the beginning of the end step, if you control four or more creatures named Biovisionary, you win the game.
He tired of his fellow researchers and their useless prattling, so he decided to make a network of scholars with whom he could carry a conversation.
2/3

Source: Mtg-jp.com, via Salvation.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/7f93181f0a4ee0953e8ae20da960a876.jpg?v=90000)
I wanna know the flavor text.
I am Blue/Black
I wanna know the flavor text.



Just threw it on!
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Biovisionary deck:

4 Biovisionary
4 Evil Twin
4 Phantasmal Image
4 Clone
4 Infinite Reflection just for the hell of it
a bunch of 1 drop randoms
few tutor cards

???

profit.
I wanna know the flavor text.



Just threw it on!


Thank you kindly!
I am Blue/Black
Welp this is happening.



Someone on Sally pointed out that Infinite Reflection works pretty well, too.... and that's Standard.

EDIT: Oh wait, you had it in there too... it was just hiding from me. Curses, RP! Foiled again! 
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Cackling Counterpart.dec just got an alternate win condition.
im all for insta-win, i love it

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

I just saw ParadoxyMoron post a card just like this, maybe someone opened their product ahead of time. Ain't that typical.
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Infinite Reflection is autocard on his "is". This is kinda...huh. I don't like it, I'm not sure it will see play, but there is no doubt that it is abusable and can win games.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
I just saw ParadoxyMoron post a card just like this, maybe someone opened their product ahead of time. Ain't that typical.
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

I like how when someone else has the same idea as Wizards it's because they looked at product ahead of time, but when you have the same idea as Wizards, it's because Wizards stole it from you.
blah blah metal lyrics
this wins you the game four times XD just thought id put that out there

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

First time I can say that I am glad that Phantasmal Image and Phyrexian Metamorph are no longer Standard legal.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
First time I can say that I am glad that Phantasmal Image and Phyrexian Metamorph are no longer Standard legal.

I almost feel like this + Infinite Reflection could be a real thing.
blah blah metal lyrics
First time I can say that I am glad that Phantasmal Image and Phyrexian Metamorph are no longer Standard legal.

I almost feel like this + Infinite Reflection could be a real thing.


I feel like that in the same way that polymorph was a thing. Kinda there, but not quite good enough.
I am Blue/Black
I would have been open to that possibility, but the time-frame suggests otherwise. Either ParadOxy had illegally opened product or is an Magic R&D member. There is a possibility of coincidence, I'm not saying their isn't.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

I would have been open to that possibility, but the time-frame suggests otherwise. Either ParadOxy had illegally opened product or is an Magic R&D member. There is a possibility of coincidence, I'm not saying their isn't.



Pfffft, 100% coincidence. Don't let the voices in the back of your head convince you otherwise today.
I went off and read the post, and not only is ParadOxy's version white, it's also got a different casting cost and only checks for a win-con in your own upkeep (which, again, is not even in the right step). They luck-sacked it, basically. Throwing around sentences like "... illegally opened product..." just because they used the same "... control at least four copies of this card..." as a card spoilt a few hours later is at best a great way to jack people off, and at worst grounds to be sued for slander.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Ha, I was reading the card using my half-arsed Japanese skills and as it slowly dawned on me what the card did, Infinite Reflection materialized before my eyes.

This is a much more "real" wincon compared to Azor's Elocutors. Maybe combo will be back in standard?

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
only checks for a win-con in your own upkeep (which, again, is not even in the right step).


*Reads card again* *Does a spit take* Oh hay, this already combos with mirrorweave, don't even need haze in there. Helloooooooo Modern.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
only checks for a win-con in your own upkeep (which, again, is not even in the right step).


*Reads card again* *Does a spit take* Oh hay, this already combos with mirrorweave, don't even need haze in there. Helloooooooo Modern.



Gooood point....

Turn 1: Forest, BoP.
Turn 2: Forest, three more BoPs.
Turn 3: Island, Biovisionary, Mirrorweave at EoT. GG!

That's a god-hand, but you can pretty much sub the BoPs for any number of mana-dorks. Playing a decent manabase full of Breeding Pools gets around the colour-fixing issues.
Weren't they trying to discourage Turn 3 wins in Modern? Do I smell a ban on the horizon?
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
This caught me off guard. I thought combo outside of something very under control like Door is something WotC actively tries to avoid. But I'm glad that sillyness like this exists.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
The problem is that casting this and Reflection on the same turn is nine mana (at which point you may as well just play Omnidoor) but casting them on different turns opens you up to a lot. Twin combo would have been a lot worse if Deceiver Exarch didn't have flash, and that's what this feels like...except that one of the pieces also costs six mana and you need three other creatures in play. (Granted, if you're a green deck planning to cast a six-mana spell, you've probably got mana dorks anyway.)

But still, a Standard-legal two-card combo that wins the game without using the combat phase is worth keeping an eye on.
blah blah metal lyrics
It's almost like they're allowing a combo deck...

Great Slaughter Games fodder
Primal Surge ramp with an all permanent deck. Then... reflections and this
I just saw ParadoxyMoron post a card just like this, maybe someone opened their product ahead of time. Ain't that typical.
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...


It isn't the first time someone has designed something similar in YMTC, it doesnt necessarily mean anything.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
if there's a combo deck in standard i hope this is it.


Turn 1: Forest, BoP.
Turn 2: Forest, three more BoPs.
Turn 3: Island, Biovisionary, Mirrorweave at EoT. GG!

That's a god-hand, but you can pretty much sub the BoPs for any number of mana-dorks.



Why did you make it so complicated?

T1 - forest, bop
T2 - forest, Biovisionary
T3 - island, Mirrorweave.


Why did you make it so complicated?

T1 - forest, bop
T2 - forest, Biovisionary
T3 - island, Mirrorweave.


That's only three creatures.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)



Why did you make it so complicated?

T1 - forest, bop
T2 - forest, Biovisionary
T3 - island, Mirrorweave.


That's only three creatures.

Oh right.
Why did you make it so complicated?


Because you need four Biovisionaries, not two.
That sound you just heard was Infinite Reflection going from a quarter to $10.00

4 Axebane Guardian
4 Fog Banks
4 Doorkeeper
4 Biovisionary
4 Infinite Reflection

Enough card draw and counterspells to make it happen.





Why did you make it so complicated?

T1 - forest, bop
T2 - forest, Biovisionary
T3 - island, Mirrorweave.


That's only three creatures.

Oh right.




So throw in a Memnite
That sound you just heard was Infinite Reflection going from a quarter to $10.00

4 Axebane Guardian
4 Fog Banks
4 Doorkeeper
4 Biovisionary
4 Infinite Reflection

Enough card draw and counterspells to make it happen.






I doubt it.  Reflection may see a (very) modest rise in price, however this win-con is still pretty hard to pull off in today's standard.  Not saying this isn't a feasible concept, which I believe could be.  I just think that you'll have a hard enough time controlling the board until Reflections hits, coupled with getting the creatures to stick around.  Granted, with enough ramp, you could get it out turn 4, but then you need to worry about keeping everything in play for it to go off.  I'd be surprised if Reflections reaches $2.00.  Although I've seen stranger things happen.

Edit:  Just reread the card.  If it actually is at the end step, holy bonkers I might play this for giggles.  Arbor Elf, Farseek, Avacyn's Pilgrim and Axebane for the ramp, Fog Bank for a cheap body, Inaction Injunction to slow down the opponent and speed through the deck.  Other stuff also for tempo advantage.  I'm seeing a fun little deck here.
Whoa is is pretty Simic alright. XD Lovely art, although it suspiciously reminds me of a certain Simic Visionary...

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
That sound you just heard was Infinite Reflection going from a quarter to $10.00

4 Axebane Guardian
4 Fog Banks
4 Doorkeeper
4 Biovisionary
4 Infinite Reflection

Enough card draw and counterspells to make it happen.






I doubt it.  Reflection may see a (very) modest rise in price, however this win-con is still pretty hard to pull off in today's standard.  Not saying this isn't a feasible concept, which I believe could be.  I just think that you'll have a hard enough time controlling the board until Reflections hits, coupled with getting the creatures to stick around.  Granted, with enough ramp, you could get it out turn 4, but then you need to worry about keeping everything in play long enough for it to go off.  A single Supreme Verdict kills the entire setup.  I'd be surprised if Reflections reaches $2.00.  Although I've seen stranger things happen. 


Yeah it reminds me of when people thought Leveler would spike in price after they revealed Laboratory Maniac...

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Sever the Bloodline, Mizzium Mortars, and Supreme Verdict have it covered.


Those are all sorceries. This wins you the game at the end of your turn.
Of course, the BEST wincon will be dropping an Infinite Reflection on your opponent's Biovisionary.

----

It's a not-unreasonable turn four victory that requires only two colors.  One of them is the best there is at Mana Ramp, and the other is so good at card draw that it has a card in the same set that draws your entire library.

Assuming your opponent will have the perfect answer every time isn't a reasonable way to dismiss the card.

There's some instant removal to worry about, certainly, but that's why you run Mizzium Skin.

The only instand speed sweeper I can think of is Magmaquake, and that's a five-mana investment.
Sever the Bloodline, Mizzium Mortars, and Supreme Verdict have it covered.


Those are all sorceries. This wins you the game at the end of your turn.



Although to be fair, Mortars can wipe out your board if you can't get to your Reflections, and Supreme Verdict could do the same but much earlier and ruin your strategy.  Bloodline can wreck your only win condition  entirely as it pretty much means you can't play it anymore. 

Still, if you're going blue you might as well run counterspells for Mortars/Sever, and pray to god your opponent doesn't off your board before you can get reflections out with Verdict.