[GTC-ICD] Gruul Keyrune

39 posts / 0 new
Last post

Gruul Keyrune (Uncommon) -
Artifact
: Add or to your mana pool.
: Gruul Keyrune becomes a 3/2 red and green Beast artifact creature with trample until end of turn.
As perilous and unpredictable as the wilds themselves.

Source: GTC card image gallery.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Obviously expected something along these lines but meh. 
pssh you guys underestimate it, with the new grull mechanic you can get an extremely pumped up angry artifact monster with trample and evasion from sorcery speed removal, seems almost better than the rakdos keyrune.
Should have been a Rhino....meh.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
Ew.  Selesnya Keyrune was much better.  I'm thinking this guy is worse than Izzet Keyrune; and it was pretty bad.

Would have been my favorite keyrune hands down.

not great on it's own, but with loodrush it could be fine. In the end not as good as some of the others. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
They can't all be winners, but at least its a mana rock.
Yay 2/2 keyrune predictions correct. Now show me the orzhov 2/2 lifelinker.
I like it, it's innocuous enough for people to disregard it, but strong enough to be worth trying.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Ew.  Selesnya Keyrune was much better.  I'm thinking this guy is worse than Izzet Keyrune; and it was pretty bad.

Izzet keyrune was hardly bad at all.  It was just weak comparatively.  THat said, it's was still a pretty dang useful keyrune to have around at times.  At worse this is a mana fixer.  Which is incredibly useful in draft settings.  That said, it's also a decent enough body and can push damage through if needed.  So it's hardly bad at all.  Just lackluster.
Me gusta. I'm surprised people are comparing this to Selesnya Keyrune so negatively, considering that it's just worse by a single point of toughness, and the addition of trample will be huge in limited with all the pumping in this set.

It's a 3/2.

I do think your prediction is correct for the Orzhhov one.
I mean two out of two correct predictions. I predicted this would be a 3/2 trampler
Not impressed with this one.
Meh. I mean, the stats seem right in comparison with the other keyrunes, but I think trample is just so underwhelming on a keyrune-sized creature.

Not likely when Rhinos are 4/4.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

I will be Bloodrush'in' this baby...a lot.

ironic flavour text since this card was so predictable lol.

What do you think the Simic and Boros ones will be?

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Meh. I mean, the stats seem right in comparison with the other keyrunes, but I think trample is just so underwhelming on a keyrune-sized creature.

I agree with you. Looking at the other Keyrunes, the Izzet Keyrune is the only other Keyrune that does not improve survivability in one way or another, and it's designed to be used when your opponent isn't going to block and kill your mana rock.

The only real way that the Boros keyrune would be any good and made sense for battalion is if it had an effect like "When ~ becomes a creature, put a 1/1 soldier token with haste onto the battlefield, destroy it at end of turn." And we know that's impossible on a keyrune.
It'll be great in Limited with all the Bloodrushin'

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
A totally okay card. Far from the best but it does have good synergy with its guild.
it's U/B counterpart is vastly supirior.

<----- Loser.

A 1/2 double striker and I have no bloody idea.

Gruul Keyrune (Uncommon) -
Artifact
: Add or to your mana pool.
: Gruul Keyrune becomes a 3/2 red and green Beast artifact creature with trample until end of turn.
As perilous and unpredictable as the wilds themselves.

Source: GTC card image gallery.

I just like the art for what it is, find it funny though.
Good for finishing. Ok in general.

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
I'm fine with this keyrune.  Tramples over Lingering Souls all day.

Two 1/1s block a 3/2, the 3/2 dies.

But look at the art, that is so TOTALLY a Rhino.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."

Rubbleback Rhino would like to talk to you.
Beast is a more fitting creature type for both Red and Green (I can't remember many rhinos in Red). I personally wish it was a Boar, since the Gruul seem to love their piggies.

Worst-case scenario; Yes.

You wouldn't swing alone with this unless it was worth it, I'm not saying you would/should.  Having trample on any creature makes blocking difficult for the defender.

In a good Gruul or Naya deck, you should have scarier things that they'll want to block with their tokens.
Decent, plus what were you expecting from gruul? Reach? 
How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}

*bloodrush a viashino shanktail* oh wow looks like it just lived ;)

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.

Would have been my favorite keyrune hands down.

not great on it's own, but with loodrush it could be fine. In the end not as good as some of the others. 

Rather splash the Rakdos Key rune, and use Bloodrush on it...Assuming your oppent isn't holding a removal card in his/her hand.
Decent, plus what were you expecting from gruul? Reach? 

Protection from wordy.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Eww... it becomes an artifact.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__