[GTC-ICD] Zameck Guildmage

52 posts / 0 new
Last post

Zameck Guildmage (Uncommon) -
Creature - Elf Wizard
: This turn, each creature you control enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.
, Remove a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control: Draw a card.
2/2

Source: DailyMTG Arcana, GTC card image gallery.
The left copy is the Game Day full art promo, the right one is the pack copy.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Probably the guildmage thaty synergizes the best with old ravnica cards.
Limited allstar from day one. 
I love it. I want a playset of the promo version.
=0 I love you Simic. Get in my experiment Kraj EDH
this is probably the best guildmage of all the guilds, its really good synergy with the guild mechinic
Another useful guildmage.  Quite nice.
Y hallo thar Sage of Fables. I don't mind paying colored mana to draw to offset the fact that the body itself is cheaper, and I like how you can activate the first ability multiple times before bringing out some creatures.

Also useful for keeping your evolve engine running (no matter which ability you use).
Incredible guildmage that I think may be the one to beat.  I'm finding my original thoughts on Simic to be completely opposite of what I though previously.  This alone is worth trying to make work.

Also, that promo version.  Where do I get it when GTC comes out?
Love.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
Incredible guildmage that I think may be the one to beat.  I'm finding my original thoughts on Simic to be completely opposite of what I though previously.  This alone is worth trying to make work.

It's the Game Day promo.  Feb 13-14.
It enables evolve intwo different ways: Making incoming creatures stronger, or weakening an evolve creature to draw a card (and then be pumped back upwhen a new creature enters the field).

I'm excited. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
It would have been cool if the art on the regular card was used for the full art version, it looks cooler imho. Favourite of the Guildmages by far right now.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
This is not Selesnya Guildmage, but it's close. Very powerful in Limited.

It's not the buy a box promo card because that's the nightveil spectre.  This is probably one of the  prerelease promos.
Next thing you will tell me Browbeat is bad.
It enables evolve intwo different ways: Making incoming creatures stronger, or weakening an evolve creature to draw a card (and then be pumped back upwhen a new creature enters the field).

I'm excited. 

Three ways, actually.  It's a 2/2 creature on turn 2, which is what the 1-drop evolve creatures want.

But yes, 2 mana to draw a card at instant speed is incredibly efficient.

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

Holy balls, I'm going to game day. This card makes me love life.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Another interesting card with Animar.  Take off any extra counters to draw cards!
Yet another card to make the Melvins in the crowd cream themselves.

I love you GTC!
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."

I love you GTC!

Isn't it great to be a Melvin right now? I'm practically mouthbreathing to snap up 4 of these on Game Day. The fact that it doesn't tap to day anything is my favorite part though.

It's almost enough to make me want to seriously play Gojira
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)

I love you GTC!

Isn't it great to be a Melvin right now? I'm practically mouthbreathing to snap up 4 of these on Game Day. The fact that it doesn't tap to day anything is my favorite part though.

I agree. I originally thought this set was going to be a disappointment. After the past week or so of spoilers I have completely turned around though.

Even if 9/10ths of the card in GTC are unplayable jank, the Melvin in me will still call this my favorite set to be released in a long time.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."

I love you GTC!

I agree. I originally thought this set was going to be a disappointment. After the past week or so of spoilers I have completely turned around though.

Even if 9/10ths of the card in GTC are unplayable jank, the Melvin in me will still call this my favorite set to be released in a long time.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think somebody in WotC got the memo "DON'T MAKE CARDS DELIBERATELY TO BE GOOD", because these cards are just wonderfully complicated and situational which in a tournament scene means stronger sideboarding decisions, and thus more variety in what is viable. But none of the cards spoiled thus far are outright "bad", just situational to varying degrees. And that makes me very happy.

I love you GTC!

I'm not entirely sure, but I think somebody in WotC got the memo "DON'T MAKE CARDS DELIBERATELY TO BE GOOD", because these cards are just wonderfully complicated and situational which in a tournament scene means stronger sideboarding decisions, and thus more variety in what is viable. But none of the cards spoiled thus far are outright "bad", just situational to varying degrees. And that makes me very happy.

Even most of the cards that I consider to be complete jank are appealing to me simply because they have interesting mechanics involved with them. I like to see R&D plumbing the depths of what they can get away with mechanically without making things overly complicated.

I am even excited for cards I never intend to actually play at all. Like the :B::W: Angel, it just makes the Melvin in me all giddy inside.

Not to mention the guild mechanic (battalion being the only one I really dislike, which is mostly the Spike in me talking) are on the Melvin train too.

Very sweet.
this is beautiful because you can spend 8 mana to give 1 creature a +4/+4 this turn or spend 2 mana to get 4 creatures +1/+1 this turn. win-win. Also this GUARANTEES that your creatures always evolve(as long as you have the mana) 
Boy, do I love this card.  I thought  the simic guildmage would have an abillity to help evolve, but two!!
The art is aslo very nice. It looks like I will be going to the game day.
Very good chance this ends up as one of my favorite cards in the set. I love everything about it. 
this is beautiful because you can spend 8 mana to give 1 creature a +4/+4 this turn or spend 2 mana to get 4 creatures +1/+1 this turn. win-win. Also this GUARANTEES that your creatures always evolve(as long as you have the mana) 

It also helps break through stalls really hard if you find yourself with a few evolve creatures that don't really need all those +1/+1 counters anymore.  The mid to late game pure card advantage this provides is incredible. 

Or just pay for the first ability, drop a bunch of low costers, and be ensured to have tons of counters to draw off of later on. 

In short, I'm digging this card.  So far my favorite guildmage of the Ravnica block.  Not even a comparison.
This is just beautiful.  Perfect abilities for a UG creature to have, and its synergy to the Evolve mechanic overall is just brilliant.  Melvins everywhere can die happy.

Just another reason why Simic is my favorite guild, especially in GTC.
good and cheap activations are good.
Lorescale Coatl is going to love this guy. Looks like I'll have to rebuild my UG deck come February.
so much love.
Strangleroot Geist and Vorapede have a new friend. 
I can't decide which art I prefer. Because both are just great.

This is a very powerful guildmage, probably the best one par Selesnya's. Bomby in Limited at the very least. Constructed playable?

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Constructed playable?

Yes.
AWESOME! What more can be said?
damn im going simic for the pre release. simic and then maybe gruul, or dimir, or boros but not orzhov :P
I play for fun
I like this one, I'm always a fan of drawing cards.

<----- Loser.

I'm sensing a discrepancy in the RTR block guildmages. This one seems to be by far the most playable one yet.
A note for evolve: Entering with a +1/+1 counts as putting a +1/+1 on, so Fathom Mage loves it.
Entering with a +1/+1 counts as entering with the increased value of power and toughness, so you can use it to make a smaller creature big enough to trigger evolve.

This is truly awesome for evolution. 

I love you GTC!

I always loved the Simic guild.

Thanks for delivering, WotC ^_^ 
Deck Critique VCL
Show
Rules Advisor Don't assume I have read any response you might have made directed toward me in a thread or post. The best method to contact me is Private Message as I will always check there upon logging on Please review the Code of Conduct or the Comprehensive Rules when in doubt. Also, please use Google for your easy-to-answer questions. Read this for a bit on game mathematics. This is information on game psychology and the infamous term "scrub." Autocard:
[c]Gifts Ungiven[/c] -> Gifts Ungiven
royk's Tradesroyk's Deck Dump
Sign In to post comments