[GTC-ICD] Consuming Aberration

71 posts / 0 new
Last post
  

Consuming Aberration (Rare) -
Creature - Horror
Consuming Aberration's power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your opponents' graveyards.
Whenever you cast a spell, each opponent reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a land card, then puts those cards into his or her graveyard.
*/*

Source: DailyMTG Arcana, GTC card image gallery.
Left version is the Dimir prerelease foil, right version is the pack copy.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
This is actually quite nice, enabler and beater all in one.


Guessing Fenix. will like it... 

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Um...aren't encoded spells "cast" when the creature deals combat damage to a player?
Next thing you will tell me Browbeat is bad.
Pseudo lord of extinction + 1/4 mind funeral for everyone? And it's a rare? 
can you imagine this in multiplayer lol, this is going to be a fun card
One of the best prerelease cards....Great in limited.
So basically a new Sewer Nemesis.

Artwork is rocking though.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
Home in my Mimeoplasm EDH deck, even if for a "bad" Lord of Extinction + Sewer Nemesis hybrid.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Um...aren't encoded spells "cast" when the creature deals combat damage to a player?



Yes yes they are.

Combat is getting trick with dimir. Block the guy who is going to mill you +encoded spell, or block the big bad beater.

Probably not constructed playable.

I like this card. i don't usually like black, but I'm liking dimir this time around. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
This card is sweet. Seems ridiculous in multiplayer. Still great in 1 on 1. One of my favorite cards revealed so far. Might make me go dimir for the prerelease. 

"This list much made Niche barf a lil' in his mouth, so I can be proud of that." -rstnme

Why is this card so bad.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012

Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

I like it. The dimir definitely have a thing with milling as a means to an end, and can win either way. Him and the guild leader seem pretty good. Apparently we have a mill/beatdown hybrid that they are trying to push via jace's phantasm, trepanation blade, geralf's mindcrusher, etc. I'll bite, i will probably try to build it.
Why is this card so bad.


It's a prerelease card. It had to happen this way. 
Trepenation Blade on a Lhurgoyf that doesn't care about card types but only one graveyard for 5 mana? This is the very definition of "not bad". It snowballs, and in limited it tears decks apart.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Must find full art for the non-promo version.

This thing looks wicked. Would put that on my wall!
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
The non-promo version has way better positioning; the monster actually looks huge and threatening looming over the one explorer, whereas the Baga art is just kinda there.
Must find full art for the non-promo version.

This thing looks wicked. Would put that on my wall!



Did it make you think of the Gaping Dragon from Dark Souls as well?
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
I like it. The dimir definitely have a thing with milling as a means to an end, and can win either way. Him and the guild leader seem pretty good. Apparently we have a mill/beatdown hybrid that they are trying to push via jace's phantasm, trepanation blade, geralf's mindcrusher, etc. I'll bite, i will probably try to build it.



I wish it were a zombie, then you could play it with undead alchemist, although I don't think an undead alchemist deck is ever going to really work.
Must find full art for the non-promo version.

This thing looks wicked. Would put that on my wall!



Did it make you think of the Gaping Dragon from Dark Souls as well?



Aye.

I don't feel this way very often, but this is artwork I would actually feel justified in paying for a full size version of. Which is saying a lot, because I tend to be a cheap bastard >.>
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
Seems pretty solid to me.
this card is beautiful on my havengul lich deck 
I like that it plays very well with the Lazav, not that you'll be playing them together too often outside of kitchen table shenanigans.
Also comboes with Enter the Infinite + Omniscience in order to super mill opponents.


<<< Is happy.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
dies to rest in peace lol, had to say it

is it ironic that people are going to be wiping their own graveyard if they ever have to play against this guy 
Guessing Fenix. will like it... 



I like it. The dimir definitely have a thing with milling as a means to an end, and can win either way. Him and the guild leader seem pretty good. Apparently we have a mill/beatdown hybrid that they are trying to push via jace's phantasm, trepanation blade, geralf's mindcrusher, etc. I'll bite, i will probably try to build it.


I already have, and mindcrusher and blade are not worth it. Phantasm is awesome though, it happens to be a flying 5/5 for 1 that only requires you to do what your deck was built to do. Come GTC and Dimir goodies, I think there will be enough cards the deck will build itself. Plus Gottlieb said there's a really explosive mill card in the set, I have high hopes for it. (PLEASE don't turn out to be another Increasing Confusion)

Also, this is kind of bonkers in limited. One Hands of Binding later and then your opponent will be facing a one-sided The Abyss.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Why is this card so bad.


I don't think that word means what you think it means...

Granted he's not gonna be tearing up the standard scene (Unless they reprint Glgimpse maybe), but a Mind Funeral machine with a massive ass is a pretty good deal for five mana.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Mind Sculpt Just got real and Jace's Phantasm a actuall 1-drop?
this would make a nice mill/tempo deck.

Jace + all the mill cards associated with him + this card  
not bad at all in limited. seems terrible elsewhere sadly.
Cool, looks like ill be splashing Black for my planned Mill deck. And holy balls this guy in multiplayer!
This is positively delicious in Limited, especially the prerelease, where you're bound to get this card. Cipher for some mill goodness. XD

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
I prefer the normal art version.
I play for fun
Luckily, noone plays Tormod's Crypt, Elixir of Immortality or Rest in Peace.
Nor any creature destruction. 
This looks like it could get pretty fun.

                                                                                                                                                                                        <----- Loser.

DO WANT for my mill deck. trepanation blade thats already built into a creature is nice

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
If it had evasion, it would be OP. As it stands, I think it's fairly well balanced.
My novel, Mektar, Clash of Ideals, is now available for purchase! Just click this text. I have +30 bragging rights according to HairlessThoctar. Just saying.
Luckily, no one plays Tormod's Crypt, Elixir of Immortality or Rest in Peace.
Nor any creature destruction. 



With Terminus in standard, dies to removal isn't a very good argument.  Everything dies to some sort of removal. 
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
This card alone makes me want to go Dimir... so strong in limited. so so strong. I'm not certain about constructed other then there is already mill decks that are popular just not top tier.

but Jace's Phantasm and this guy make a mill deck actually very plausible.
This card alone makes me want to go Dimir... so strong in limited. so so strong. I'm not certain about constructed other then there is already mill decks that are popular just not top tier.

but Jace's Phantasm and this guy make a mill deck actually very plausible.


the whole point of a mill deck is to mill :P which is why id rather have more mill cards than jace's phantasm

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
Luckily, no one plays Tormod's Crypt, Elixir of Immortality or Rest in Peace.
Nor any creature destruction. 



With Terminus in standard, dies to removal isn't a very good argument.  Everything dies to some sort of removal. 



People tend to misinterpret what "dies to removal" means in the context of the future set speculation forums.

"dies to removal" would be inappropriate in the ICD of...
Thragtusk--even if removal is used on it, you still get considerable value out of it.
Diregraf Ghoul--If you spend 1 mana on Diregraf Ghoul, and your opponent spends 2 mana on Dreadbore, you are ahead by 1 mana.

"Dies to removal" is a fair point in the case of, say, Drogskol Reaver, where there are several forms of 2-mana targetted removal that kill the 7 mana investment leaving you nothing in return.

Now, sometimes 5-mana cards that technically fall into the category of "dies to removal" DO get played.  Baneslayer Angel, Wolfir Silverheart, Spectral Force.  But they need to be a total house when not removed.

So....I guess ask yourself: do you expect this creature to be 9/9 on average?   Because that's roughly the average size that would make it worthwhile.

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

makes me glad that i have some graveyard exiling in my sideboard

very good card. almost makes me want to play blue...almost :P 

----------------------- I’m going to TRANSFORM him, and unleash the savage instincts that lie hidden within… . [

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/18.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/dnd/class/images/banners/Avenger.jpg)

I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

 

Sign In to post comments