"Flip-card" rules (Delver of Secrets)

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Since a flip-card doesn't have the original "MTG" pic on the back like the normal cards do, it exposes the card's creature like "delver of secrets".
In a normal draft game where players don't put sleeves on them, we would immediately know if a player has drawn a "flip-card" on his hand, and that would give us an advantage to knowing what he's holding.

Wizard obviously knew this was going to happen, so my question here is, for people that play with sleeves, colored ones; not transparent ones.
The opponents wouldn't know if a flip-card was on top of the library, but they would have known if there weren't colored sleeves to block their view.

So, shouldn't players be required to announce that they have that flip-card as a rule, when it's in their hand, since in a normal game w/o sleeves, everyone would know it already?

PS, not a fan of flip cards, they can all be ripped in half; shredded by the shredder, and burnt to a crisp by a pyromaniac~
Since a flip-card doesn't have the original "MTG" pic on the back like the normal cards do, it exposes the card's creature like "delver of secrets".
In a normal draft game where players don't put sleeves on them, we would immediately know if a player has drawn a "flip-card" on his hand, and that would give us an advantage to knowing what he's holding.

Wizard obviously knew this was going to happen, so my question here is, for people that play with sleeves, colored ones; not transparent ones.
The opponents wouldn't know if a flip-card was on top of the library, but they would have known if there weren't colored sleeves to block their view.

So, shouldn't players be required to announce that they have that flip-card as a rule, when it's in their hand, since in a normal game w/o sleeves, everyone would know it already?

PS, not a fan of flip cards, they can all be ripped in half; shredded by the shredder, and burnt to a crisp by a pyromaniac~

If you're not using sleeves, the double-sided card is replaced by the checklist card when its not on the battlefield.

That's what the checklist card included in Innistrad packs are for.  You mark which card in represents, then put it in your deck; it has a standard card back.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
If you're not using sleeves, then you should be using one of the checklist cards to represent it while its in the library or hand. Checklist cards have the normal card back.
or write it on a land you dont use

No offence but the card u want ripped in half; shredded by the shredder, and burnt to a crisp by a pyromaniac arent happy about the satement. But seriously wat is bad bout doublesided cards? It gave a whole new diversity to Magic.

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday