skirsdag high priest question

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello there,

I'm sorry if this question is stupid, but i'm not that experienced.
So i was playing, and i had skirsdag high priest on the battlefield, and 3 more untapped. 1 of my creatures died, and so, i decided to tap my priest and the 2 untapped creatures remaining to put the 5/5 demon flying, but, my opponent did 3 direct damage to my priest. Now, the question is,
does the Demon enters the battlefield? If not, does my other 2 creatures still stay tapped?

Ty
Hello there,

I'm sorry if this question is stupid, but i'm not that experienced.
So i was playing, and i had skirsdag high priest on the battlefield, and 3 more untapped. 1 of my creatures died, and so, i decided to tap my priest and the 2 untapped creatures remaining to put the 5/5 demon flying, but, my opponent did 3 direct damage to my priest. Now, the question is,
does the Demon enters the battlefield? If not, does my other 2 creatures still stay tapped?

Ty

You get the Demon token.  Once the abilty is activated, it's independent of its source.  Killing the Priest wont stop the ability from resolving.

Once activated, an ability exists independently of its source, so if your opponent kills your Skirsdag High Priest in response to you activating its ability, you'll still get the Demon token.

Tapping the creatures is part of the cost to activate the ability and can't be responded to. This is important if your opponent tries to counter the ability. The creatures will stay tapped, but you won't get a Demon in this case.
Rules Advisor
ty guys.