B/G/R Living End

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
So i'm not usually a modern player but i've decided to give it a try
Note most of the lands are borrowed from my standard deck
My budget is also limited

I haven't really play tested it too much so i have some stradegy questiosn

1. When is the best time to cast Demonic dread/Violant outburst, under 10 hp? Cycled all cards in hand? When they have some dudes on the field? When you have some dudes in graveyard?
2. If you living end for only a few dudes and they play some more dudes should you hard cast some more creatures or should you go for another living end combo
3. Can you cast evoke as an instant? 
4. Do the abilitys activate when coming back from graveyard? ie If you put Avalanche Riders in play, do you get to destroy another land, or if you put shriekmaw in do you get to kill one of their creatures?
5. Do i have enough lands? Is there any cheap lands that are usefull in modern?
6. SHould i add Jungle Weaver of any 2 mana cycle over valley rannet?
7. How is my sideboard looking
IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/rCB4r.jpg)
1.  Depends on the game.  Most of the time you should hold it until you're close to being dead (i.e. just out of burn range, etc.), there's too many creatures on board for you to deal with or you know you can resolve Living End.

2.  Again, depends on the board and the match up.  Generally, your guys are going to be bigger, so chances are just hard casting dudes is going to be fine.  Going for another Living End is also going to give them back their early guys too, so it should be a last resort.

3.  No.

4.  Yes, if it's an "enters the battlefield" effect (like Riders or Shriekmaw), which is why those utility guys are in the deck.

5.  If memory serves, you have way too many lands.  Remember, your plan is to cycle through your deck quickly, in which case you're going to find your lands even if you don't play that many.  I think Travis Woo (find him on ChannelFireball.com, he's probably the guy who knows the most about this deck) runs only 16 or so lands.  As for cheap lands, not really.  You've got all you need, though I don't remember if the list should be running fetch lands or not.

6.  Probably not, though it could be in place of some lands or Architects of Will.

7.  Looks fine.
Thanks!
Travis woo ran 19 lands, with 8 fetches.
I'll reduce lands to 20 and see how it goes, idk what to add though. Should i mainboard Ingot Chewer? If i do, is it possible to target nothing and cast to evoke cost to make it go to graveyard? 
I wouldn't mainboard Chewer.  There aren't enough artifact (outside Affinity matches) that you could target.  While you could evoke it, it's pointless.

I'd start with a couple Jungle Weavers.  After that, I'd max out the land destruction duds.  They're pretty much how you win against control, and they're decent against the field.

Honestly though, I'd just run Woo's list.  He's the closest thing to an expert on the deck, so his list is going to be the closest to teh best version of the deck you can find.
I wouldn't mainboard Chewer.  There aren't enough artifact (outside Affinity matches) that you could target.  While you could evoke it, it's pointless.

I'd start with a couple Jungle Weavers.  After that, I'd max out the land destruction duds.  They're pretty much how you win against control, and they're decent against the field.

Honestly though, I'd just run Woo's list.  He's the closest thing to an expert on the deck, so his list is going to be the closest to teh best version of the deck you can find.

Woo runs 4 ingot chewer main, thast why i was wondering. I don't play modern much, do people use stuff like relic to progentius and that sort
Isn't woo's list extended though? modern has more stuffs

He does?  I guess I haven't seen a list since his article in October (www.channelfireball.com/articles/woo-bre...).  That one had sideboarded Chewers.

People do play Relic and such, but usually not mainboard.  I think one deck runs it mainboard, and that's R/G Tron.  Still, that's not usually enough reason to mainboard artifact destruction because Relic is pretty weak hate for Living End any way.

Extended isn't a format any more.  It might be legal in Extended, but a lot of Modern decks are.

Do you usually want to draw or play
Play.  There is exactly one deck in all of Magic that wants to be on the draw:  Manaless Dredge.  And no one should play Manaless Dredge...
Play.  There is exactly one deck in all of Magic that wants to be on the draw:  Manaless Dredge.  And no one should play Manaless Dredge...

Manaless dredge is awesome and, tbh, there's a compeling argument for being on the play.

Wait, we are talking about BoB/Real Dredge, right? 
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.
No, if I meant that, I'd have said Vintage Dredge.  There's a Legacy legal Manaless Dredge.  The only way it has to start dredging is draw and discard.  The deck is bad.
Can we see your/Woo's latest list? This deck seems interesting and relatively inexpensive, which is great for a college kid like me.
Pretty sure I linked to his article on it from a few months ago.  I haven't seen a more recent list than that.
Okay. I saw the one from October, but it only had 4 fetches and no maindeck ingot chewers so I thought there might be a newer version that I didn't see.