Help populate The Interplanar Prison: Pennance

42 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello all,

I'm working on a story that invloves an interplanar prison. I have the prison creater and warden for the world, and one major prisoner. I'm looking for some ideas, indepth or vauge, of characters to include as guards and prisoners. Planeswalkers, dragons, sphinxes, what ever is fine. I need lots of characters to put in the back drop of the story and I'm hoping that broadening the scope by getting other people's ideas.

The prison sits on a pretty normal magic world, with humans and kor, minotaurs, vedalkin, vampires, and elves. But these are far from the only races usable, anything is open as both guards and prisoners are taken from across the multiverse. It is run by a planeswalker, and it is watched over by the Angel warden when the planeswalker is away. The only prisoner currently planned is a powerful demon kept below the surface. Some of the prisoners belong to a group that once summoned the demon to try and rule the plane. The guards are an assorted medley of people with their own interests in justice and imprisonment (not all need to be noble).

Any ideas are appreciated. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
as both guards and prisoners are taken from across the multiverse.  

Does someone involved in this story have a planar ship or ambulator or some such, otherwise this story doesn't work.
I'm fairly certain walkers no longer have the ability to bring companions. 
as both guards and prisoners are taken from across the multiverse.  

Does someone involved in this story have a planar ship or ambulator or some such, otherwise this story doesn't work.

Yes part of the prison is a way of transporting people across planes. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
How about a interplanetary Vashino pirate as a prisoner and/or a ruthless "Evil" Eye guard?
I second the idea of having an Eye as a guard... or even several.

Have we figured out how Agmund opens portals across planes?
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
I second the idea of having an Eye as a guard... or even several.

Have we figured out how Agmund opens portals across planes?

Not exactly. I know that the prison will use a device that opens portals between it and another plane. the exact mechanics, and how he got his hands on it are not really developed. Nor are the relevant at first. Since this is supposed to be part of shared fiction, I'm not gonna get over involved in the details, as someone else can fill it in when it actually matters.

The eyes could be fun, especially in guarding specific individuals. Like I was thinking of having Gargoyle's guard a succubus for example, to remove her ability to tempt her guards. So something like the eyes would be perfect to have for another prisonor.

The viashino pirate is great for one of the low tier prisonors. Which I need more of for this jail break. Big tickett prisonors are good too.

Ragrio any more detail you feel should be added, or am I fee to do with these as I wish? 
You are Red/Blue!
Not as of right now, but if I think of anything I'll let you know. In the meanwile, feel free to take the suggestions anywhere you feel.
Do we know very much about the eyes? The Evil Eye of Urborg makes it seem like the Eyes can kill things just by looking at them. If that is true, would it be a constant effect, or one the Eye could control? If the Eye can't, then it would be very difficult for the other guards to interact with them, but it would certainly help with very dangerous inmates who would quickly figure out that even looking at thier guards at any point would mean certain DOOOM
Not as of right now, but if I think of anything I'll let you know. In the meanwile, feel free to take the suggestions anywhere you feel.
Do we know very much about the eyes? The Evil Eye of Urborg makes it seem like the Eyes can kill things just by looking at them. If that is true, would it be a constant effect, or one the Eye could control? If the Eye can't, then it would be very difficult for the other guards to interact with them, but it would certainly help with very dangerous inmates who would quickly figure out that even looking at thier guards at any point would mean certain DOOOM

I really don't know much about the eyes. They may take research to use. But if so I already some of what I want to do with them. There is a justice minded Gorogn walker in the project I want to move over, at least partially, to the prison as a member. She would do wonders with the eyes and watching powerful prisoners.
You are Red/Blue!
It is run by a planeswalker, and it is watched over by the Angel warden when the planeswalker is away. The only prisoner currently planned is a powerful demon kept below the surface.

Please tell me the angel is male and hunky. Other than that, interesting set up.

It is run by a planeswalker, and it is watched over by the Angel warden when the planeswalker is away. The only prisoner currently planned is a powerful demon kept below the surface.

Please tell me the angel is male and hunky. Other than that, interesting set up.

Yes the angel is male, and is also romantically involved with Agmund.
Also the demon is female. 
You are Red/Blue!
Perhaps the plans and bluprints for the portal came from Mercadia? They could be based off the old Phyrexian portals used in the build up to the Invasion.
Perhaps the plans and bluprints for the portal came from Mercadia? They could be based off the old Phyrexian portals used in the build up to the Invasion.

it's possible. But like I said I don't feel the need to define it as it isn't important to this story, and it's for a shared universe, so it may be important to someone else who uses it.
You are Red/Blue!
There is a justice minded Gorogn walker in the project I want to move over, at least partially, to the prison as a member.

I imagine her coat-tails feel trod upon now.
There is a justice minded Gorogn walker in the project I want to move over, at least partially, to the prison as a member.

???

You are Red/Blue!

???

Vraska, the Unseen
different texture, same principle.
Ah ok I thought you were commenting on something with the story
You are Red/Blue!
Ok, I'll give you a heavy hitter for the prison.

Osando is a hyper-evolved vampire from an ancient plane. He refuses to admit to how he became hyper-evolved, but most theories revolve around magical experimentations performed on him by powerful mages that ruled his home plane millennia ago. Whatever the cause, Osando's natural vampiric abilities were heighted to unassailable levels. He found that he no longer needed to physically feed on his victims to claim their energy; merely being in relative proximity to a victim was enough to drain their life essence slowly, and his concentrating on the process would drain them completely  in mere moments. Each time he drained a victim, he grew stronger. His first victims, of course, were the mages experimenting on his, and the power he gained from them made him the most powerful being on the plane. Still, though, his thirst was insatiable, and with each victim he drained, the radius of his effect increased. Over the decades and the centuries, it began effecting every living thing on the plane, even the land itself. Eventually, nothing remained alive.

Osando was not a planeswalker, but his power had grown so great that his vampiric mental influence could stretch through the blind eternities, albeit only in vague ways. On other planes, doom cults began to rise, and although they may have called him by a different name or held a different image of his physical appearance, it was still Osando they were worshipping. In time, as Osando was growing weak on his nearly-dead plane, one of the Doom Cults grew powerful enough to cast a grand summoning, and brought Osando to their plane. There, he continued his swath of destruction, eventually, over a few centuries, Osando consumed that plane, as well. This pattern continued as Osando's ability to assert his influence over the planes grew, and the other Doom Cults became aware of his name, and several gained the power to summon Osando and allow him to slowly consume their plane.

After millennia of being literally unable to be around any other living thing, Osando has naturally become a bit...insane, and more than a little psychotic. He has determined that his destiny is to destroy every plane in the multiverse. He wound up in the inter-planar prison when a planeswalker, perhaps Agmund, perhaps someone else, infiltrated a Doom Cult on the cusp of a summoning, and used a subtle magic to instead send Osando to a cell in the prison equipped with powerful null-fields generated equally by magic and artifacts in the hope of containing his destructive powers.

Well, that's all I've got for now.

Shameless Self-Promotion

These are the MTG Fiction pieces I have written:

Planes of the Dual-Walkers
Allo's Fortnight
The Butcher's Cleaver
Dead Man 'Walking
Showdown
Pariah
Deals and Devils
The Tears of the Djinn
Cromat Comes
Kiss of the Shorecerers
Numerous poems in The Poetry Plane
Magic: The Musical

Please read and comment! I love hearing people's thoughts and reactions to my work!

Name: N/A, designation Prisoner 7477
Species: Mechanical construct
Height: 14'9"
Weight: Excess of 10,000 lbs
Description: Prisoner is a large mechanical construct of humanoid design, albeit possessing four arms rather than two. It is made of an unidentified dull silvery metal that is extremely resistant to wear and damage, although several dents and scores can be seen in its outer plates. While it has a head, it does not have discernible facial features, and it is unknown how it perceives its environment. Through gaps in its armor plates various mechanical devices can be seen, although due to the construct's immense strength, irascible temper, and unusual magical resilience attempts to dismantle it have as yet been unsuccessful.
Behavior and Capabilities: 7477 is exceedingly violent and destructive, possessing enormous strength, as befitting a mechanism of its stature and design. In addition to its physical capabilities, it is capable of speech, although it chooses to extremely rarely. All utterances thus far have been warnings that it should not be contained and it should be released, although it has never given a reason to substantiate this claim. Prisoner has shown intelligence matching that of an average vedalken. A high capacity for problem solving in tandem with its strength have resulted in 7477 breaching containment four times in the past. Interrogation has been unsuccessful; prisoner has refused to elaborate upon its infrequent warnings, its name, creator, or place of origin.
Apprehension: 7477 was subdued with great difficulty on the plane of Valesh, where it was seen destroying a large city systematically. Efforts by local military and police had been entirely ineffective at halting 7477, and casualties had numbered in the thousands. Evidence was given that this was the seventh such settlement that had fallen victim to 7477's rampage, and as such Warden Frijern was notified.

Ohoho. How's that for a bruiser.
WHO AM I?
HARDER THAN DIAMONDS STRONGER THAN STEEL AND BURSTING WITH VIGOR. THAT'S THE WAY THE BEAST ENGINE PLAYS.
PROUD BEARER OF THE MOST INCORRECT THING JIVANMUKTA'S READ ON THESE FORUMS YET AWARD. SO BRING IT ON. ALL OF YOU. I have taken the top of the mountain and I will accept all challenges. Attack me, all at once if you must! I will never falter! THE ONLY GLORY IS IN DEATH. AND DON'T FORGET TO COWER BEFORE THE METALLIC MIGHT OF JUSTICE.
(I'll give this a try.)

Marstus Opaqui is contained  twenty-four hours in a stasis field that supresses his need for nourishment, sleep, and even air. The field completely prevents his movement and almost completely supresses his thoughts. It is in this state of suspended reality that he must remain, for any action he takes is potentially dangerous.

A Vedalken time mage of great strength, once, he delved too hungrily into the secrets of the blind eternities. In a temporal experiment gone wrong, he tore open a hole into that chaotic realm and stared into the swirling chaos for thriteen seconds. The rift closed and the backlash knocked him unconcious, but when he awoke, he could feel the threads of time tugging at his senses.

Every outcome, every possibility, every real and hypothetical facet of existence was his to foresee while awake. The future was like his plaything, and while he had no power over it directly, it was with such foreknowledge taht he could speak four words to an urchin and topple a kingdom. He could simply throw a stone into a river and submerge a continent beneath the waves.

The rift and driven him mad, and the havoc he began to, in time, wreak upon his Home Plane attracted the attention of Agmund, who viewed the events from the Blind Eternities. The chaotic energies always confounded Marstus's otherwise direly accurate predictions. Agmund was able to ambush Marstus while he slept and seal him into the prison.

But who can say for sure that Marstus did not foresee this already?

Who can say for sure that the future he sees is not one in which he is triumphant? 
This is fun!

Past and Future are the heads of a two-headed sphinx that is currently kept in a low security isolation chamber. Although she has shown no physical magical talent of its own, the walls are lined on the outside with a 3 mm thick layer of nullstone. In addition, magical gags been put over each of Past and Future's mouths to prevent vocal persuasion and are only to be removed at designated feeding times. The prisoner's wings are also clipped. In the event of a security breach, guards are use sophomoric magic on-site immediately, before the prisoner has a chance to speak.

Past and Future was appreheneded following the war between and subsequent collapse of at least two global empires on the plane of Cenal. Observers were surprised by the rapid advancement of each civilization from pre-magical culture to plane-warping spells thrown at each other in total war; the end eventually came with Planar Cleansing. Memory analysis of the leaders' spirits revealed numerous meetings with Past for one side and Future for the other, during which she covertly provided advanced magical and strategic advice to a side without revealing her seeming allegiance with the other. Unusually, at least one of the conversations showed knowledge of planeswalkers and the military advantages planar travel can bring; Future suggested putting each citizen of her respective nation through a brief but mandatory session of physical and mental torture to trigger spark ignition. 

Physically, most areas below the neck of Past and Future resemble those of a female lion in size and shape. A pair of large, feathered wings reminiscent of birds are attached to the shoulders, as is typical of sphinxes; the wings are large enough to allow powered flight for limited time periods. The vertebral column branches out into a pair of identical gold-skinned, black-haired heads similar in shape to that of a human female. Eyewitnesses describe the heads speaking with different voices; however, details on the two seem to differ between accounts, possibly as a result of psychic influence common to sphinxes. The heads' dialogue seem to be similar, with an apparently dispassionate delivery focused on content, but the facts given often conflict with reality. Both Past and Future claim that she is telling the truth and the other is lying if asked about each other's words. The prisoner's age is unknown, although its conversations with Cenal's leaders show no apparent signs of age over hundreds of years.

When asked about Cenal or her knowledge of planeswalkers, the head addressed is always interrupted by the other before she can answer; the two will then launch into a lecture on an unrelated subject.
You already have Huinn from me, for all Agmund thinks his prison will be able to hold him.
These are good. some may actually get to break out and take part in the fight. Others may be left inside their cells. I have some budding ideas for many of them. Thanks guys.
You are Red/Blue!
I'm working on a ten characters. Guards and prisoners of each color (more or less). I just wanted to make a quick post to ask how we're seeing the prison. I've seen things like Nullstone suggested. Is this something we're doing?

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

"Chipper" Dundell. On the mostly-aquatic plane of Yirn, nearly everyone lives on small islands or out at sea. Piracy is always a problem, but one pirate ship was more brutal and more ruthless than the others, "The Dusk Kraken." Every island on the plane feared the "Dusk Kraken", and hundreds if not more lost their lives in the ship's frequent attacks. When the authorities closed in on the "Dusk Kraken," however, the captain escaped, and framed his faithful (though dim) cabin boy, the vaguely lovable "Chipper" Dundell. The ship's crew all swore "Chipper" Dundell was the madman behind the attacks, and he had forced them to help with threat of some graphic and stomach-churning violence, and so the authorities arrested him and placed him in the inter-planar prison.

Poor "Chipper" Dundell.

Shameless Self-Promotion

Allo's Fortnight
The Butcher's Cleaver
Dead Man 'Walking
Showdown
Pariah
Deals and Devils
The Tears of the Djinn
Cromat Comes
Kiss of the Shorecerers

Please read and comment! I love hearing people's thoughts and reactions to my work!

SCP Foundation, Magic style?
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.
I actually drew heavily from SCP write-ups for mine. OH NO NOW MY SECRET'S OUT
WHO AM I?
HARDER THAN DIAMONDS STRONGER THAN STEEL AND BURSTING WITH VIGOR. THAT'S THE WAY THE BEAST ENGINE PLAYS.
PROUD BEARER OF THE MOST INCORRECT THING JIVANMUKTA'S READ ON THESE FORUMS YET AWARD. SO BRING IT ON. ALL OF YOU. I have taken the top of the mountain and I will accept all challenges. Attack me, all at once if you must! I will never falter! THE ONLY GLORY IS IN DEATH. AND DON'T FORGET TO COWER BEFORE THE METALLIC MIGHT OF JUSTICE.
I'm working on a ten characters. Guards and prisoners of each color (more or less). I just wanted to make a quick post to ask how we're seeing the prison. I've seen things like Nullstone suggested. Is this something we're doing?

I think nullstone is possibly fine. Not in massive ammounts. the idea is the upper (above ground) levels are more normal prisoners, below ground are prisoners with special requirement cells.

You are Red/Blue!

I think nullstone is possibly fine. Not in massive ammounts. the idea is the upper (above ground) levels are more normal prisoners, below ground are prisoners with special requirement cells.

Yeah, I was probably overdoing it with the nullstone. Just the white magic gags should be enough, since she hasn't shown any magical ability outside of unusual knowledge and possible psychic influence with her voices.
"Chipper" Dundell. On the mostly-aquatic plane of Yirn, nearly everyone lives on small islands or out at sea. Piracy is always a problem, but one pirate ship was more brutal and more ruthless than the others, "The Dusk Kraken." Every island on the plane feared the "Dusk Kraken", and hundreds if not more lost their lives in the ship's frequent attacks. When the authorities closed in on the "Dusk Kraken," however, the captain escaped, and framed his faithful (though dim) cabin boy, the vaguely lovable "Chipper" Dundell. The ship's crew all swore "Chipper" Dundell was the madman behind the attacks, and he had forced them to help with threat of some graphic and stomach-churning violence, and so the authorities arrested him and placed him in the inter-planar prison.

Poor "Chipper" Dundell.

there actually a cool thing about this. While I'm combing through this list and many are useful, I know I want to use this guy (warning he may become an ascended extra at some point)
You are Red/Blue!
there actually a cool thing about this. While I'm combing through this list and many are useful, I know I want to use this guy (warning he may become an ascended extra at some point)

He's all yours. He popped into my head, I have no plans for him, do to the poor guy what you will!

Shameless Self-Promotion

Allo's Fortnight
The Butcher's Cleaver
Dead Man 'Walking
Showdown
Pariah
Deals and Devils
The Tears of the Djinn
Cromat Comes
Kiss of the Shorecerers

Maggie Many-Eyes

Notes: Maggie was brought over by Agmund during the capture of a high-functioning Nightstalker on Jakkard. She was, in fact, instrumental in the creature's capture, as she had been tracking the beast for months after he took and devoured her legs, and blinded her. The rumor in the mess hall is that she made some sort of unsavory crossroad deal and ended up with the ability to summon giant floating eyes that serve as her more mobile minions and report disturbances back to her. Whatever the source of her abilities, Agmund has put her to work on the upper levels, watching over the standard prisoners.

Psychological Profile: Maggie is a harsh and blunt woman, but on the whole seems to be satisfied with her position in the prison. She seems to be glad to be out of the desert, at the very least. However, the uncertainty over the origin of her powers and her single-minded quest of vigilante justice are troubling to say the least.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Name: Maephin
Species: Unknown, presumed elemental
Height: Approximately 5'11 (variable)
Weight: Approximately 450 lbs (variable)
Designation: Prisoner Management and Security
Description and Capabilities: Maephin is, in appearance, a figure composed of various amalgamated substances, all of which are apparently oceanic in origin. The primary material is stone, but coral, wood, and mud are all present, as are barnacles and live anemones. Its head is largely featureless, but suggestions of eyebrows and a mouth are present due to configuration of its materials. Its shape, while humanoid, is apparently muscular, with an exaggerated torso and large arms. Nonbiological construction notwithstanding, Maephin appears to be able to summon and banish huge quantities of water at will. Where this water comes from is unknown, but it is identical in composition to seawater. Maephin is capable, either via magic or some other means, of controlling any water it summons with seemingly limitless variability. The flexibility and force with which Maephin can manipulate this water is potentially immensely destructive. Maephin is reasonably intelligent and is capable of speech.
Background: Maephin was initially encountered during the apprehension of Prisoner 7477, where it was seen dousing fires and carrying the wounded and helpless to safety. This completed, it began to assault 7477 directly, using crashing waves of water to destabilize the construct's footing. Once 7477 was caught off-balance, Maephin began to freeze the water surrounding the construct, nearly pinning it in place. 7477's strength was beginning to crack the ice, but shortly thereafter Warden Frijern arrived with an arresting squadron in tow, and together they were able to secure Prisoner 7477. Maephin's behavior was considered exemplary by Warden Frijern, and a position at the Pennance facility was offered. Maephin accepted unconditionally.
Psychological Evaluation: Being an entity of unknown composition and origin, psychological comparisons to known species are problematic in Maephin's case. Its has displayed a calm, if quirky, personality. No overt instances of aggression or ill will have been perpetrated by Maephin, and its demeanor overall has been described as "tranquil" and "meditative". It has frequently affirmed that its work at the Pennance installation is the most important it has ever done in its life. Maephin's natural altruistic tendencies and raw physical power make it more than suited to the task of prisoner security and management.
WHO AM I?

I think nullstone is possibly fine. Not in massive amounts. the idea is the upper (above ground) levels are more normal prisoners, below ground are prisoners with special requirement cells.

I was just bringing it up, since the SCP-foundation has something called Telekill Alloy (SCP-148) which blocks all kinds of telepathic nonsense and its existence is problematic (from a meta-perspective) because it makes housing a lot of dangerous SCP's too easy. Part of the fun comes from coming up with interesting ways to lock up especially dangerous prisoners. With SCP-148 or Nullstone, you're pretty much making really, really powerful mages easily containable. 

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

Prisoner: "Lord" Felgor Omtian

Race: Spirit (Formerly Human)

Description: Once a powerful necromancer and sorcerer Felgor sought to gain power and to conquer his native homeplane. Being slain during a long painstaking war he managed to resurect himself as a lich and once again continued his quest. With his undead forces starting the last campaign against one of the still free kingdoms they gathered a band of heroes that managed to kill of the lich by incinerating his body and banishing his spirit for good. Or so they thought.
As it turned out his knowledge of magic allowed him continue living as a spirit capable of possesing other bodies, living or dead. Using this power he possesed royalties and important personel allowing him to tear down the countries and allowing him to take over. But once again he was discovered, slain and banished only to come back and start over. And so the cycle continued with him attempting to rule, being banished and returning to try again for decades.
Realising that it was hopeless to continue like this a clergy of clerics managed to trap Felgors spirit within a rune-inscribed crystal and handed it to the care of the Interplanar Prison for safe-keeping.

Capabilities: As a spirit Felgor is weak and can only use his weaker spells. But he is capable of possesing the body of a sentient being with ease. While possesing a body he gains all the memories of the original owner, allowing him to almost perfectly impersonate that person making him a very good infiltrator. When in a body he can also use his full arsenal of necromantic spells being only limited to what the body can handle. When his host body dies he can either ressurect it as a lich or move on to another host. If he leaves the host while its still alive it will die as Felgor had replaced the original soul and it would now be without one. His vast knowledge of magic allows him to counteract any attempt to destroy or banish his spirit, hence why he needs to be sealed and imprisoned.

Containment: His containment crystal is sealed within a room filled with several levels of spells, wards and seals made to keep him in. As an extra security measure only golems or constructs are allowed to guard and maintain the cell to lower the risk of a guard possibly being possesed should the safeguards fail.
Sounds like a reason to put some constructs to work, no?

Throneforge Guards
Species: Throneforge (Golem)
Role: Prison Guard, Elite Capture Units
Home Plane: Siraus

Background: The Throneforge golems hail from the dead world of Siraus, powered by white mana batteries and capable of replicating each other when infused with enough raw energy. The original small band of Throneforge was taken by Agmund in the early days of the prison, and they consider themselves defectors from the endless, hopeless war fought on their dead world. They now serve as capable guards that seem to hold little concern for their own safety.

Notes: The Throneforge, despite the show of individuality inherent to their defection, are still an order-oriented culture that respects authority, even at the cost of their own lives. Their divergent development from other sentient beings, however, results in stilted, strange interactions that make the prisoners nervous. Throneforge should be used as backup during larger containment operations, always with the accompanyment of a mage with many untapped bonds with the surrounding meadowland, and NEVER in their full force--some must always be kept in reserve, regardless of their protests to the contrary, so that if the force is depleted the prison can restock.

I was going to include a description but Barinellos never added one, and even though Siraus is public I wasn't sure if I should come up with one myself. Also, if you don't like the defectors from decadence backstory maybe they could be ordered there by the Throneforge Primarch in return for the capture of a particularly destructive and powerful Ruinforge marauder. Who could be another character potentially...

Pleied Okoptos
Species: Siren
Home Plane: Sertaria, Ameranian Continent
Role: Diplomat, Public Relations

Background: A chance meeting with one of Agmund's agents spurred the crafty Pleied Okoptos to sign on with the prison as chief of public relations. When Agmund's transport system is not being used to move agents and prisoners from plane to prison and back, Pleied travels from plane to plane informing powerful natives of the prison's services, using her persuasive abilities as a siren to coax additional funding and favors for the operation (and, it is rumored, for herself as well). Many of Agmund's largest capture operations have taken place because of a connection forged by Pleied.

In her spare time Pleied has organized a prison choir, a practice which Agmund finds somewhat bewildering. He seems to take to heart her assertion that the prison is more peaceful due to this recreational activity. (It is speculated that Pleied uses this choir as a chance to weave music-based spells, but this speculation tends to come only from the most paranoid of prisoners.)

Notes: Pleied is invaluable as a diplomat but is also secretive, manipulative, and, like all Ameranian Sirens, is an omnidirectional flirt and a domineering collector of adoration. Although she prefers to work alone, she should be accompanied at all times with at least one construct guard, both to protect her from prisoners and to keep an eye on her. The presence of armed guards has the side benefit of allowing her to enter highly complex and dangerous diplomatic situations with relative safety, which in turn keeps her from becoming too bored with easier assignments. Although she is covered in a rainbow of feathers and scales, she often uses a glamour to appear more human.

...I keep trying to picture her, and all I'm getting is Terezi With Feathers. >_> Not that that's necessarily a bad thing of course...

I think nullstone is possibly fine. Not in massive amounts. the idea is the upper (above ground) levels are more normal prisoners, below ground are prisoners with special requirement cells.

I was just bringing it up, since the SCP-foundation has something called Telekill Alloy (SCP-148) which blocks all kinds of telepathic nonsense and its existence is problematic (from a meta-perspective) because it makes housing a lot of dangerous SCP's too easy. Part of the fun comes from coming up with interesting ways to lock up especially dangerous prisoners. With SCP-148 or Nullstone, you're pretty much making really, really powerful mages easily containable. 

Had something. I recall that they added dangerous side effects to Telekill alloy because people were using it EVERYWHERE. It doesn't mean we can't use nullstone. It means we have to make it balanced.
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.

I was going to include a description but Barinellos never added one, and even though Siraus is public I wasn't sure if I should come up with one myself. Also, if you don't like the defectors from decadence backstory maybe they could be ordered there by the Throneforge Primarch in return for the capture of a particularly destructive and powerful Ruinforge marauder. Who could be another character potentially...

Humanoid, gears and cables underneath a highly stylized geometric armor with a great deal of geometric hard edged patterns decorating their exterior shells.
Think somewhat babylonian in terms of aesthetics.
Also important is their mana core, which should resemble a diamond somewhere on their armor.

But aside from that, they are built to their function as well.Their appearance depends entirely on what they were meant for. There are certain Throneforged scouts that somewhat resemble the myr, there are others that are much larger. Builders are more skeletal with highly segmented arms used to quick assemble other golems, but their parts are all interchangable as their roles might shift.

Additional aside: Love the fact you decided to utilize this.
I've been trying for ages now to figure out how to include Siraus in a story somewhere. It's tough. It's such a self contained little narrative.

I like that design aesthetic. I might do some doodles of these guys.

Which of the two possible backstories do you think works better--the defector thing or the Payment For Services Rendered thing? 
I've been trying for ages now to figure out how to include Siraus in a story somewhere. It's tough. It's such a self contained little narrative.

I like that design aesthetic. I might do some doodles of these guys.

Which of the two possible backstories do you think works better--the defector thing or the Payment For Services Rendered thing? 

Payment makes more sense. They don't understand the possibility of their leadership being overly-decadent. They are as much a part of it all as cogs in a machine. If the entire machine is decadent, then they would be as well. Aside from that, they're all about expanding the influence of order, so they'd agree with Agmund, even if they would be very confused about his appearance. Still, they might almost worship him as a god since he is the same race as the precursors. The rest of the Forged golems might have different opinions, but the Throneforge are deeply commited to venerating the ones that came before. They, after all, literally have a creator race that they know.

Plus, it opens up the possibility of adding in the Ruinforged Marauder as a prisoner. Get two for the price of one.

Thronehold, btw, would be great towers and pyramids with the same sort of hard lined geometry that go onto their armor. Just in case you needed more details about where they are from.
I was going to use Siraus. But then I didn't because I didn't think it was appropriate. And the ones I worked on don't really have a place in the prison except maybe as recordkeepers, because it doesn't seem like Agmund is going to be doing experimentation upon his prisoners.
WHO AM I?
Wow some really good thing s here. Pelied and the throneforged will most likely be used, especially with part of the story taking place on Ameran.

I need to jog my memory on the Ruinforged Maurauder. will lok into

Maephin and 7477 will be great to include in the prison break.

@Yxo: I'm fine starting with nullstone, because I'm going to break it and remove it as a possibility very early. Part of the prison break will include several the lower region's cells being broken open with geomancy, rendering the nullstone useless more or less. Thus them having to find more specific ways to restrain some of these guys.
You are Red/Blue!
Sign In to post comments