Ulvenwald Tracker and Keywords, and Toughness, and End Phase Questions?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok, so with Ulvenwald Tracker.  If I use his effect, it seems like cards with Keywords such as Deathtouch and Lifelink with still work.  Would Keywords like First Strike and Double Strike work?  I assume no, since from what I can see the actually battle needs to take place.  

Also, if I use the Tracker's effect with Sublime Archangel vs Dawntreader Elk, after the fight my Sublime with have 1 toughness.  If my opponent uses Tribute to Hunger and I sac Sublime, how much life do they gain?  Do they gain the printed original toughness or do they gain the current remaining toughness of 1?  Or does a creatures toughness even decrease because of damage, in other words would it just be 3 toughness with 2 damage on it?

Finally, I have a question about damage during the End Phase.  If Sublime attacks and gains +2/+2 from exalted effects making it a 6/5 and then takes 3 damage during the turn.  How would this play out during the end phase since the +2/+2 will fade away and damage will fade away.  I think that the damage fades first then the +2/+2 meaning that Sublime does not die.  

Thanks 
Ok, so with Ulvenwald Tracker.  If I use his effect, it seems like cards with Keywords such as Deathtouch and Lifelink with still work.  Would Keywords like First Strike and Double Strike work?  I assume no, since from what I can see the actually battle needs to take place.  

That's correct.  Deathtouch and Lifelink work no matter how the damage is dealt,so they work with Fight.  Double Strike, First Strike only matter during combat.

Also, if I use the Tracker's effect with Sublime Archangel vs Dawntreader Elk, after the fight my Sublime with have 1 toughness.

Damage does not reduce toughness.  It has three toughness and two damage marked on it.

If my opponent uses Tribute to Hunger and I sac Sublime, how much life do they gain?  Do they gain the printed original toughness or do they gain the current remaining toughness of 1?  Or does a creatures toughness even decrease because of damage, in other words would it just be 3 toughness with 2 damage on it?

They gain three life.

Finally, I have a question about damage during the End Phase.  If Sublime attacks and gains +2/+2 from exalted effects making it a 6/5 and then takes 3 damage during the turn.  How would this play out during the end phase since the +2/+2 will fade away and damage will fade away.  I think that the damage fades first then the +2/+2 meaning that Sublime does not die.  

The damage and the exalted boost end at the same time. The Archangel lives.

Sweet, Thank you!
Sign In to post comments