GTC Prerelease promos

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Looking at the very small pictures in the Trading Card Game section, all the promos will be creatures and looking at the art/blurry text it seems that they will be the present cards excluding whispering madness and a dimir creature that hasnt been previewed yet.
The Boros creature also looks too different to be an alt of Firemane Angel.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
No the part thats showing seem to be the light-helix blast thing coming out from the avenger impaling some creature.
...that looks like an arm to me... Well, we'll see it soon enough.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
i dont think so. but the orzhov is almost definatly treasury thrull

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

The Boros creature also looks too different to be an alt of Firemane Angel.

Also (unlike Treasury Thrull, Fathom Mage and Rubblehulk) the length of the text lines in its text box does't match up with the text on the image of the card in the spoiler gallery.

The Boros one is Foundry Champion.  Text matches, picture's similar.

Rules Advisor

Agree with Strago.

I scrolled in yesterday and I figure no reason to try and strain my eyes and speculate what the 2 unknown cards were. I swear the Dimir one looks like a giant shadowy mantis...
Also, I don't think that Dimir is a creature card.  There's no subtype on the type line.  I bet it's a sorcery.

Rules Advisor

Dimir is definitely a creature. It has P/T. Its creature line is just short; it's a horror or something. The Orzhov one definitely looks like Treasury Thrull and the Simic one definitely looks like the Flustermage. The text matches up and its clearly a female in the alternate artwork. The Boros is definitely an elemental of some kind- the Foundry Champion seems highly likely. The Gruul one is really obscured; hard to say one way or another.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Dimir is definitely a creature. It has P/T. Its creature line is just short; it's a horror or something. The Orzhov one definitely looks like Treasury Thrull and the Simic one definitely looks like the Flustermage. The text matches up and its clearly a female in the alternate artwork. The Boros is definitely an elemental of some kind- the Foundry Champion seems highly likely. The Gruul one is really obscured; hard to say one way or another.

You're right.  I didn't notice the P/T.  I think Gruul is Rubblehulk, though, based on the text.

Rules Advisor

keep in mind promos have alternate artwork 

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
Posting the whole shebang here for posterity (so that we don't have another of these threads popping up!)...
... source is the Arcana on DailyMTG from Jan 2.

The prerelease foils are:

In addition to the prerelease promos, we have the other usual shinies...

Game Day Full-Art Promos - Zameck Guildmage, Firemane Avenger

Guildmage is for all present, Avenger is for Top 8.

~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Of course its too early to tell without proper context, but in terms of power I'd rate the guild promos as follows:

1) Boros

2) Dimir

3) Orzhov

4) Gruul

5) Simic