Three color deck names?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi, I know the names of some of the three color pairings, but not all ten so I was wondering if anyone could complete this list for me. Thanks in advance!

Green Black Red- Jund
Green White Blue- Bant
Blue Black Red- Grixis
Red White Green- Naya
Green White Black- Junk
Black White Blue- Esper?
Green Blue Black- ???
Green Blue Red- ???
White Black Red-???
Red White Blue-???

Black Blue Green = BUG

Red Blue Green = RUG

Red White Blue = USA (this one's a little personal, but makes sense).

Nothing crafty (or official) for Red Black White though.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
The last five don't really have names yet -- the first are based on the five shards of Alara, but there hasn't yet been a corresponding "wedge" set to lend its names to those combinations.

You could use the Planar Chaos legendary dragons or the Apocalypse disciples, I suppose.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

They'll do a wedge set soon enough, and then you'll get your fancy names. Until then, I think calling them RUG, WBR and stuff is easiest to recognize.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?

You guys might call it USA, but if you're making up names from outside the Magic world, Jack makes as much sense to me as a Brit :-p

I would refer you to the Apocalypse cards, as that is when I first played Magic

Ana
Ceta
Dega
Necra
Raka

Cheers
Listen to Lovemonkey, he's correct.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Ana/Ceta/Dega/Necra/Raka work, but nobody uses them so if you say you have a 'Dega' deck, you'll end up having to explain you meant a deck anyways and will have saved negative time. Mainly this is because although Ana/Ceta/Dega/Necra/Raka were USED, they were only used for like three cards each (None of which were exactly amazing) so it's unlikely that even people who played at the time will all remember of the top off their head.
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
Same thing goes for the other five three colour decks though.  Not everyone, including me, played when that block was out (Alara?) so won't know what those names mean.  I only know the Ravnica guild names now because of Return to Ravnica block and had no idea when I came back to the game what people meant by Boros etc.  If people are going to use names for colour combinations, there needs to be a point where it starts, and that won't happen if when someone asks if there are names, they are told there aren't any.  Personally, I don't use the names, because I relate them to the specific blocks they were used in, not the colour combinations.

Cheers
You, as a new player (Or returning player who missed the set) of course would not automatically know the name of colors for a set you missed. But if enough people do know it, then when you ask another experienced player 'What colors are Boros?' or 'What's the name of ?' they should be able to answer fairly quickly, so most people who play for a while will quickly pick up on those names.

The only names that don't have this built in problem are just 'Blue Black Red' or 'White Red' and so on. Any other name set will have the problem of being indecipherable for new players. The reason the Shards and Guilds became the standard is that they were major focuses for entire blocks, so the playerbase got a full year of associating names with colors. If Ana/Ceta/Dega/Necra/Raka had gotten more focus, we'd probably be calling Wedges those names, but they didn't, so not enough players picked that up, so we don't.
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)

You guys might call it USA, but if you're making up names from outside the Magic world, Jack makes as much sense to me as a Brit :-p

Ana
Ceta
Dega
Necra
Raka

Cheers

All I could think of while reading these names: "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, baby!"
Nothing crafty (or official) for Red Black White though.

Godwin?

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

GWB is Junk. 

Ana
Ceta
Dega
Necra
Raka

Cheers

All I could think of while reading these names: "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, baby!"

I never thought of that. Ana means up, and necra of course comes from the Greek for corpse. Is there an etymology to the others?
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

I've noticed that the question was not really answered lol 

There is no other names given for the last four. 

Don't bump ancient threads, especially if you have nothing to add.

Khans of Tarkir does give names to the wedges (well, it gives names to five clans, each of which has wedge colors, but players will take those as names for the wedges themselves).